America has failed

I would be interested to see how many people signed up for Peacock, then cancel after a month. To be honest the PPV model may ultimately benefit the consumer. Under the the cable company model you end up paying more for an entire network to be included, when in reality you may never watch any programming there, or you upgrade a package to include regional sports networks, and only consume a small percentage of the programming. In a PPV sports world, you would only pay for what you actually want to see. Of course it will all be contingent on pricing, but if it is reasonable it could be a benefit to the fan.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I would be interested to see how many people signed up for Peacock, then cancel after a month. To be honest the PPV model may ultimately benefit the consumer. Under the the cable company model you end up paying more for an entire network to be included, when in reality you may never watch any programming there, or you upgrade a package to include regional sports networks, and only consume a small percentage of the programming. In a PPV sports world, you would only pay for what you actually want to see. Of course it will all be contingent on pricing, but if it is reasonable it could be a benefit to the fan.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Truthfully I considered this for a sec, but was then like F these people PLUS I prob pay so much money for apps I don’t even know I have already PLUS my dumbass will surely never actually get around to cancelling this crap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Skip the grande latte for a day and you have Peacock for a month..  Don't make the $10 parlay on fanduel that has zero chance of winning and you have it for 2 months. 

smart man right there

1 hour ago, BloodGreen said:

They know a lot of people will bail out right away. They'll retain some of the new users who like the service or forget they signed up and keep paying. That game was intended to be a teaser to get people to try out the service. It's just like when a business gives something away as a lead magnet. An NFL playoff game might be the biggest lead magnet ever deployed. 

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

They know a lot of people will bail out right away. They'll retain some of the new users who like the service or forget they signed up and keep paying. That game was intended to be a teaser to get people to try out the service. It's just like when a business gives something away as a lead magnet. An NFL playoff game might be the biggest lead magnet ever deployed. 

Boy, oh boy and all I asked for was a regular magnet!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Skip the grande latte for a day and you have Peacock for a month..  Don't make the $10 parlay on fanduel that has zero chance of winning and you have it for 2 months. 

Don't go get a pedicure/manicure one month, and have the Peacock all year, and still have money for a parlay and latte. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Hex said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/01/15/media/peacock-nfl-ratings-chiefs-dolphins/index.html

Most streamed live event in US history? 

Weaklings. Society has failed.

I did not subscribe to Peacock to watch the game.  The NFL is a bunch of sh*t heels for pulling that crap.  I listened to the game on internet radio.  Better info and analysis on radio broadcasts to make up for the lack of visuals. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I did not subscribe to Peacock to watch the game.  The NFL is a bunch of sh*t heels for pulling that crap.  I listened to the game on internet radio.  Better info and analysis on radio broadcasts to make up for the lack of visuals. 

We all admire your principled martyrdom. Now go play in traffic on the LIE.

I personally take pride in being a "Cock" member. Or that my member is a member. And I feel privileged that I can afford to pay $5 extra a month to get reruns of Quantum Leap. It's all good.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is like when people complain about the traffic on the LIE. 

We are the traffic. 

Speak for yourself. Whenever I take a roadtrip into rural areas I don't have this problem so it's not me. Therefore I conclude if you and the hundreds of thousands like you would just stay off the expressway then the rest of us wouldn't be in traffic. Don't be part of the problem to cause us to be in a situation and then blame us for it, jerky. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Speak for yourself. Whenever I take a roadtrip into rural areas I don't have this problem so it's not me. Therefore I conclude if you and the hundreds of thousands like you would just stay off the expressway then the rest of us wouldn't be in traffic. Don't be part of the problem to cause us to be in a situation and then blame us for it, jerky. 

you "us" are the traffic and your stinkin road trips

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hey mouth, stay off my road and then there won't be any traffic. People like you are just selfish, but such are the times we live in now.

or convince more people to buy electric cars.

Was just reading an article of dead tesla's because of the bitter cold and either their batteries are drained or the charging stations are down.

Wonderful 

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

or convince more people to buy electric cars.

Was just reading an article of dead tesla's because of the bitter cold and either their batteries are drained or the charging stations are down.

Wonderful 

Great, so then instead of inching along on the expressway their cars will outright stop in random areas/lanes with dead batteries. 

I hate the future.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

How about don’t tell people how to spend their time or money?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Great, so then instead of inching along on the expressway their cars will outright stop in random areas/lanes with dead batteries. 

I hate the future.

kind of what happens now except it is called texting.

This is not a pro or anti ev comment but I worked with a guy who had an ev and he was leaving to go home and says it is going to be a rough ride. it was feb in nj and he could not use the heat or radio for fear of running out of juice for the 40 mile ride.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What counts is eyeballs. Had this been on network TV, a lot more people would have watched. 

Notably, the ratings for the exclusively streamed game was up 6% over last year’s primetime AFC Wild Card Game that was shown on NBC’s broadcast network.

Not the deepest analysis in the article, but it more eyeballs than last years network TV AFC wild card game?

3 hours ago, Pac said:

No bet has 0 chance of winning.