So what, nobody wants Belichick??

Lmao 

If a dude who’s won 6 SB can’t land another gig, what does this say for JD and Saleh trying to get another HC, GM job? 

And DONT bring up age being the reason why a team wouldn’t want bill because his timeline fits inline with a  veteran team like Dallas or Philly 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Lmao 

If a dude who’s won 6 SB can’t land another gig, what does this say for JD and Saleh trying to get another HC, GM job? 

And DONT bring up age being the reason why a team wouldn’t want bill because his timeline fits inline with a  veteran team like Dallas or Philly 

Teams probably think the game has passed him by.  His post-Brady record isn't exactly encouraging.  That, and he wants full control I'm sure.  Perhaps it's a difference in philosophy - ATL wants to draft their franchise QB while BB wants to bring in a vet.  Could be as simple as that.

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Teams probably think the game has passed him by.  His post-Brady record isn't exactly encouraging.  That, and he wants full control I'm sure.  Perhaps it's a difference in philosophy - ATL wants to draft their franchise QB while BB wants to bring in a vet.  Could be as simple as that.

Atlanta should be all in on getting a veteran with that offense. Seems silly to try with a rookie at this point. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

When you look at him objectively he's not a great candidate:

- He's old
- He thought Brady was done, then he went to TB and won another SB
- He's been bad with personnel decisions 
- He's proven he can't win without Brady
- On top of that how long is he looking to stay around?  And his assistants suck

If I was ATL I would go for Vrabel over him

This tired old argument.  For every occurrence of Nick Foles winning a Superbowl you have Mahomes-Stafford-Brady-Mahomes-Brady-Foles-rady-Manning-Brady-Wilson....

Your other points are spot on.  Sustained success in the NFL requires an above average QB.  Yes, you can one off with Matt Cassell or Mac Jones.  Long term sustained success requires a Top 5 QB.

12 minutes ago, KRL said:

When you look at him objectively he's not a great candidate:

- He's old
- He thought Brady was done, then he went to TB and won another SB
- He's been bad with personnel decisions 
- He's proven he can't win without Brady
- On top of that how long is he looking to stay around?  And his assistants suck

If I was ATL I would go for Vrabel over him

his assistants outside of mcdaniels are not great, and lots of nepotism.

plus, he's probably only looking to coach for 2-3 years.  

31 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmao 

He also brings a hell of a lot of old man my way or the highway with him too.....that approach over a long sustained period of time works well in an environment where when the players arrive the culture is already ingrained so even young players cannot grumble too much because of the 30 other vets who have already bought in.....and it's working....

Try that crap on a totally new squad, where you dont have the long term well established leadership, you dont have brady.....and it doesnt hit the ground running like a smooth well oiled machine. In an age where players LOVE to go on social media and drop subliminals....where they know they will likely be in the league longer than you are. 

You can go from being the G.O.A.T. to the "old goat" in a relatively quick period of time in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Football teams (owners) don’t want to give up total control. He can still coach.  

• Upvote 1

they dont want him cause he will be the GM too and he is not good at drafting.

plus im sure BB wants something in his contract that if the owner tries to force decisions on him like who to draft or play and we all know these guys want some say then BB can leave. 

plus Ridder is not a QB. god knows what kind of plan BB has for a QB. maybe Blank doesnt like that plan.

i said this before in another thread when it was between BB and Harbaugh. BB probably want to sign a QB like Brissett or maybe even bring in Russ Wilson and make a run at it and Blank wants to draft a QB at 8. same thing probably happen with Harbaugh and now hes with Herbert.

ok insert any name you want of whoever the best available QB via trade or FA there is and thats who these guys want. there not drafting a QB and go through those growing pains.

• Upvote 1

I think he might be one the most difficulty individuals to work for and with in almost any industry due to his lack of communication.

I can imagine he kept Kraft and the entire building in the dark on everything at all times. This is just not the day and age to do that, especially when you this signing is a short commitment of probably 3-4 years.

I still think if Andy Reid retires that Belichick will get the KC job.

14 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Atlanta should be all in on getting a veteran with that offense. Seems silly to try with a rookie at this point. 

Kirk is an unrestricted FA looking for a ring. That team is set up for success in a super weak division.

If I'm Blank, I'm bringing on Kirk and also bringing on his old buddy Klint Kubiak at OC, and gambling on Belichick still being able to coach up the D. If it doesn't work, you blow it up in three years anyway just like you would with any other failed coach. 

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Kirk is an unrestricted FA looking for a ring. That team is set up for success in a super weak division.

If I'm Blank, I'm bringing on Kirk and also bringing on his old buddy Klint Kubiak at OC, and gambling on Belichick still being able to coach up the D. If it doesn't work, you blow it up in three years anyway just like you would with any other failed coach. 

Thing is, Blank is getting old. He's 81 and probably wants an SB win or at least a rise to relevance soon. He's gonna want to do it right this time, because he may not have enough time to afford another "blow it up in 3 years".

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Thing is, Blank is getting old. He's 81 and probably wants an SB win or at least a rise to relevance soon. He's gonna want to do it right this time, because he may not have enough time to afford another "blow it up in 3 years".

Blank being old is exactly why that plan works. Kirk comes in as a plug and play borderline elite QB1. Belichick brings his 8 rings and defensive prowess. The division sucks. 

The alternative/"doing it right" are what? Drafting a non-blue chip QB at 7 and hoping he can hit the ground running while the other young talent on the team wastes away their rookie contracts? Hiring a first time HC? What staff is that HC going to be putting together if he's one of the younger guys?

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I'd be livid if I were a Falcons fan that this hasn't already been done.

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Blank being old is exactly why that plan works. Kirk comes in as a plug and play borderline elite QB1. Belichick brings his 8 rings and defensive prowess. The division sucks. 

The alternative/"doing it right" are what? Drafting a non-blue chip QB at 7 and hoping he can hit the ground running while the other young talent on the team wastes away their rookie contracts? Hiring a first time HC? What staff is that HC going to be putting together if he's one of the younger guys?

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I'd be livid if I were a Falcons fan that this hasn't already been done.

That's true, I guess. I just don't know if BB is the answer there. Maybe, but I would assume he'd want more control.

Time is undefeated.

This is what happens to all great coaches towards the end, in their mid-late 70's.

Most retire, some try and hold on and get fired.

Not surprised at all that Bellichek is still unemployed at this point.