Raheem Morris to Atlanta.....

Raheem Morris (born September 3, 1976) is an American football coach who is the defensive coordinator for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He previously served as head coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2009 to 2011 and interim head coach for the Atlanta Falcons in 2020. Morris also was an assistant coach for the Falcons, Washington Redskins, and the Buccaneers.

good mix of experience and familiarity with the franchise.  Internally probably the front runner the whole time 

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I would say Dan Quinn to Seattle and Ben Johnson to Washington.

Hopefully Vrabel, Carroll, Belichick all available next year when we’ll need a new HC

I said in another thread that I did not think the Jets would fire Saleh before the end of the season.  

I actually think they could now if to start the process of hiring one of the leftover guys.   Vrabel would be a huge get. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Well, morris is at least a Rooney rule hire.  He didn’t do so well in Tampa. Hopefully he does better with the falcons.

The hire may or may not work out, but I don't think the Rooney rule motivated the hire. No team that preferred BB, even now, to a minority candidate that was interviewed would be accused of a Rooney rule violation.

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Vrabel or Dan Quinn to Seattle?

If Vrabel is available next year . . . You know what to do, Woody!

Why do we have to wait until next year (when Vrabel either won't be available or he'll have way better offers than to join us).  He's available now.  WTF are we waiting for?!

Though possibly since he's a Patriots guy, maybe hates the Jets?

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why do we have to wait until next year (when Vrabel either won't be available or he'll have way better offers than to join us).  He's available now.  WTF are we waiting for?!

Though possibly since he's a Patriots guy, maybe hates the Jets?

Of course, but it’s not happening 

no use in getting your hopes up.

then again, it’s not happening next year, either 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Has it crossed Woodys mind to change course? Even for a second? 

A friend of mine used to work at a bank in New Brunswick like 50 years ago when she was 18. So woody must have been 25 back then. She said woody would walk in with his mommy to look at his safety deposit box :rl:  with his mommy at 25 years old. Hahaha 

We have an adolescent grampa child running our team

• Haha 2