Those poor Lions fans

3 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

They're probably going to lose their OC to a head coaching job. Goff has played well this season. Big risk of regression next season.

Going to be a tough division. Packers look to be on the rise behind Love. Bears have 50,000 early round picks and will sucker some other team into taking Fields for an early pick.

Only the Vikings could take a step back next year, especially if Kirk goes and chases a ring.

very possible. Look at the Eagles this year after they lost their OC and DC. They had an epic collapse. Their QB regressed badly. 

Missed opportunity by the Lions

4 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Jets never lost a playoff game due to the coach ruining the game by skipping 3 very makable field goals. That is a worse devastation than we have ever gone through much moreso that 1998, 2009, or 2010.

Yeah, we let the Kicker go out there and straight up Miss the kicks.

I’m not gonna say Dan Campbell straight up lost them the game as there drops + fumbles + missed throws that the players did to themselves…but he certainly was part of the problem.

Yes he went for on 4th all year but playoff football with a lead is a different brand of football, especially on the road.

If you have a chance to take a 1 score game and make it a 2 score game or a 2 score and make it 3 …you take it.

24-10 in the 3rd quarter and he opts to go for it instead of kick a FG to make it 27-10. If you have a chance to tie it up 27-27…you take it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

It was the right decision. The 49s had the momentum for a while. Campbell didn't play scared and played to win but came up short. Very unjetsy if u ask me

Wrong.   Kick the FG and no momentum for the 49ers.  The stop created momentum that snowballed.  A FG and kickoff and the 49ers are just trying to dig out of a hole.   The stop had a huge impact on both teams.   Detroit got very tight after the stop.

• Upvote 3

Purdy and CMC were clutch. 

Lions had some bad drops 

Kinda torn on the flea flickers. I get trying to back the defense off the run attack but simple play action does the same thing. 

The game completely changed after the face mask fail and Gibbs fumble. Can’t win on the road making those mistakes. 

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Worst thing to happen to Detroit since the ED-209

Clearly someone needs to photoshop the old "I'd But that for a dollar" image to say "I'd buy two 4th down Field Goals for a dollar" or similar.

Checking in from Lions country and the region is devastated. That was a colossal playoff loss for the ages and as much as I've loved what Campbell has done with the team, his coaching decisions cost them. You're up 17, in a hostile stadium, three time zones away in a game no one gave you a chance to win - you take the god damn points. You don't hand them a 4th down stop and momentum swing. That first 4th attempt turned the game, the second sealed the loss. Lions fans deserve better - but that was the most Jets-like game I've ever seen.

• Upvote 4

Checking in from Lions country and the region is devastated. That was a colossal playoff loss for the ages and as much as I've loved what Campbell has done with the team, his coaching decisions cost them. You're up 17, in a hostile stadium, three time zones away in a game no one gave you a chance to win - you take the god damn points. You don't hand them a 4th down stop and momentum swing. That first 4th attempt turned the game, the second sealed the loss. Lions fans deserve better - but that was the most Jets-like game I've ever seen.
I wasn't aware the Jets had blown a 17 point lead in a championship game.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Reminded me of the Jets sh*tting away a Super Bowl appearance in the 2nd half vs. Denver.

Also, gotta love the pride in lacking empathy some of you have, lol. 

Yea, similar vibes, but the Lions were up by 17 instead of 10 and had a no-brainer decision to go back up by 17 after SF finally cut into the lead and opted out 

just terrible 

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
12 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I wasn't aware the Jets had blown a 17 point lead in a championship game.

They were up 17-6 at Indy in 09 and were up at Denver 10-0 in 98 too. 

• Upvote 1

You don't say?

I'm well aware of our history but in neither of those game were we up 17 points. In 2009 we were only up 4 at the half. Against the Broncos the game was tied halfway through the 3rd quarter.

The Lions had a 17 point lead at the half and then a 14 point lead halfway through the 3rd quarter with a chance to go up by 17 again. Their loss if far worse than either of the Jets championship games where we had a lead in the 2nd half. I get that Jets fans love being the sad clowns of the NFL but yesterday's game was a collapse of epic proportions.
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

And at no point during either of those games did I feel confident the Jets would hold on to win.

In both instances we were playing overwhelming favorites - historically good teams that were chasing undefeated regular seasons.

The Lions were up 17 on a team that looked dead in the water at half time. 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lions won their division, won two home playoff games, and they have a bright future. Lions should hold their head high. They had an awesome season, and Dan Campbell is great for the game. 

They had a great season and who knows, maybe they'll win the whole thing next year, but they blow a golden opportunity and the whole "they'll be back next year" often never comes to fruition.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

And at no point during either of those games did I feel confident the Jets would hold on to win.

In both instances we were playing overwhelming favorites - historically good teams that were chasing undefeated regular seasons.

The Lions were up 17 on a team that looked dead in the water at half time. 

No one felt confident at those times.  

imo, Any Lion fan that felt confident deserved the heartbreak.  

Indeed it absolutely felt like I was watching the Jets in every way. This game followed the Jets script. I have one very close Michigan native Lions fan friend and he was starting to lose his mind...I was wary of bringing this up to him. The who Aiyuk off the facemask catch was the most predictable fluke play I have ever seen. That surprised everyone except the Jets fan

We don't have any sort of rivalry or contempt for the Lions, our paths have barely crossed in the annals of NFL history....but they're in that same lowly tier as we are in. When I see it happening to another in our "group" it stings a little bit. This is going to be a tough tough Monday and a very tough week for those beat up, bruised and battered fans

I like good situational football not mindless aggression...if you're Campbell there you HAVE TO kick the field goal. is it a sure thing? No...but you have to take the opportunity to go up 3 scores again. It changes the entire complexion of the game

5 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They had a great season and who knows, maybe they'll win the whole thing next year, but they blow a golden opportunity and the whole "they'll be back next year" often never comes to fruition.

I hear you. They shot themselves in the foot with an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. It's unfortunate, but I respect Campbell for staying true to who he is. I would have loved to see them make it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

That was a moronic decison to go for it on 4th and 3.  The FG was there for the taking. It totally turned the momentum around. 49'ers got extremely lucky on the bomb and then the trurnover.  Campbell didnt defy the odds once but twice. He cost them the game.  This is the playoffs NOT the regualr season when you can try and get away with stuff like that after a loss and win the following week. Dumb and dumber.  The Chargers just fired thier HC for stupid, ill-advised chances just like this.

what about the first 4th down?  should they have kicked there?  i think it iwas 4th and 2

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lions won their division, won two home playoff games, and they have a bright future. Lions should hold their head high. They had an awesome season, and Dan Campbell is great for the game. 

They have Green Bay and Chicago two teams that are going to be breathing down their necks for years.  They had the team and the path and blew it.

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

That was a moronic decison to go for it on 4th and 3.  The FG was there for the taking. It totally turned the momentum around. 49'ers got extremely lucky on the bomb and then the trurnover.  Campbell didnt defy the odds once but twice. He cost them the game.  This is the playoffs NOT the regualr season when you can try and get away with stuff like that after a loss and win the following week. Dumb and dumber.  The Chargers just fired thier HC for stupid, ill-advised chances just like this.

even if you want to excuse those decisions because "that's what got them there" there is zero excuse for taking the timeout with possession at the end of the game. Run the ball on 3rd if you want but you HAVE to call 2 plays in the huddle in case you don't make it so you keep the timeout.

To me that's the most ugly mistake he made. Just stupid to make a decision where you choose to rely on recovering an onsides kick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

They have Green Bay and Chicago two teams that are going to be breathing down their necks for years.  They had the team and the path and blew it.

Lions are going to be a problem for the NFC North for as many years as they can squeeze out of Goff. 

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

They still have a very good roster with the league’s best offensive line

You just never know if you'll ever get another opportunity...could be next year. But would it shock anybody if Detroit went another 30 years before they played in another NFC title game. 

You just don't know

I hate the whole mindless aggression approach by some of these coaches. Just play good situational football. Understand good situational football