The Final Kick to the Gut This Year

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

At first, I thought this meant Aaron Rodgers had just announced his retirement from the NFL to open a darkness retreat business.

Or that Woody had raised ticket prices again.

TheDarkness.thumb.jpg.05df572a65df52e3df1ba33dd7c9c3d0.jpg

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

At first, I thought this meant Aaron Rodgers had just announced his retirement from the NFL to open a darkness retreat business.

If that were the case the OP wouldn’t have said kick to the gut but rather a stomp on the balls.

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He already started that business at one jets drive. Great location. Plenty of Darkness.

• Haha 1

Don't know why you wouldn't want Sam to play well in the SB. He's a likeable guy, and wasn't ever going to do anything with the Jets. There is no "what if?" with him. I have been rooting for him to play well (except against the Jets) since he was traded. 

Anybody mad the Jets dumped Geno? What a kick in the gut.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, section314 said:

C’mon, we all know it’s coming. Purdy gets knocked out early and Sam comes in and goes 24-30, 320, 2TD and is MVP. In post game interview on field, thanks JD for trading him and releasing him from football purgatory.😎Then the book can finally be closed on this disaster. I think I may be reading too much @TomShane and @bitonti

I would treat this scenario as a not unminor victory 

a diet Super Bowl if you will 

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Because of that loss we're supposed to hate KC?  I like Mahomes for the NY Mets connection and I want him to surpass TB12.  Also, I find SF kind of annoying.

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because of that loss we're supposed to hate KC?  I like Mahomes for the NY Mets connection and I want him to surpass TB12.  Also, I find SF kind of annoying.

Relax, I was just kidding.

But Jets were never an option in terms of postseason rooting interest, so I grew up rooting for 9ers and Montana, vs Dolphins, vs Cincy, vs Dallas, vs NYG, etc. in all those matchups.

No way I would could root for KC over them.

KC is the most arrogant, annoying team in the NFL now that NE is a joke.

15 hours ago, section314 said:

C’mon, we all know it’s coming. Purdy gets knocked out early and Sam comes in and goes 24-30, 320, 2TD and is MVP. In post game interview on field, thanks JD for trading him and releasing him from football purgatory.😎Then the book can finally be closed on this disaster. I think I may be reading too much @TomShane and @bitonti

In that scenario the final kick would be in the offseason when they cut Rodgers and give Sam a contract that makes Daniel Jones blush. :)

• Haha 1