This might happen……

Sammy's revenge?  Revenge for what?  For the Chiefs letting him go?  

If he comes in and blows the game, will you be back here talking about how you're actually a doof and had it all wrong?  I highly doubt it. 

Sam is what he is.  A decent backup.  Could maybe even have a Baker-like renaissance but that's where I would cap him.  Even if we put a team around him here, he was never going to be "the guy".  He'd be a guy we'd all be bitching about right now during the offseason, debating whether or not we should draft his replacement.  I'd love to see him come in and be the hero, but it wouldn't make me feel any less bad about trading him away.   

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Sam would much rather just let Brock do the winning and then show his Superbowl ring off to drunk chicks at the tiki bar after Boogie boarding bruh!  Hate the game, not the player. 

In my next life, I want to ne reincarnated as a 15 year NFL Backup QB, make millions of dollars, and never play a snap in a real game, guaranteeing my long term Parkinsons-Free health.

10 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

Sammy D could possibly come in for Brock Purdy, a late injury (god forbid) lead a game winning drive and become SB MVP!!!!!!!Boom! Sammy’s Revenge!!!!!……JETS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

A lot COULD happen. 

Gabbert could do the same. Boom! Blaines revenge!!!! JAGS SUCK!!!! Screw you Lawrence!

Although not quite appropriate for this instance...still, this reminds me of when a shocked Gino D'Acampo exclaimed on national TV 'If my grandmother had wheels, she would have been a bike.' Yes, Purdy could get hurt, Sam could come in and play out of his mind and win the SB, he could get SB MVP. However, none of this makes it true or even a realistic possibility.

I don't know why it's a revenge that a third pick in the draft went on to have a backup career and might have the opportunity to see the field. Even if you think the Jets screwed him, he went on to flame out in Carolina and he's slid into a backup spot. 

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Would any Jets fans actually be upset if this happened? I have no ill will toward Sam nor would that happening be some kind of reflection that we should have kept him. Would just be a very cool moment for him.

no one with half a brain would be upset. OP just wanted to post "JETS SUCK"! hope he's feeling better now.

• Upvote 1

Have we not had this exact same thread about 5 times now over the last few weeks?

But wait it gets worse!

Sammy wins the super bowl and signs with another team.

Zach goes to the Niners!

Purdy gets hurt!

Zach leads the Niners to their second super bowl in a row!

Tie it up in a bow and book it!  It's gonna happen!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Have we not had this exact same thread about 5 times now over the last few weeks?

But wait it gets worse!

Sammy wins the super bowl and signs with another team.

Zach goes to the Niners!

Purdy gets hurt!

Zach leads the Niners to their second super bowl in a row!

Tie it up in a bow and book it!  It's gonna happen!

In before Zach Wilson-led Patriots vs. Mike White-led Raiders in the AFCCG and Sam Darnold-led 49'ers vs. Geno Smith-led Seahawks in the NFCCG in 2025?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Go all in on darnold winning MVP you'll make a killing 

It's actually not a terrible bet.  QBs almost always win the MVP so if he comes in (Purdy could get hurt) and they win then you've got a real chance.