Woody Johnson Opens up on Frustrations With Jets Struggles

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Woody out here laying waste to the land. We didn’t have a backup QB? Sounds like a shot at GM and maybe him echoing the convos he’s had with Labamba Sausalito.

If he really believed this was the A1 problem with the team—that Zach Wilson was the backup QB—-after Zach Wilson was already the anointed starter the two years prior, he would have fired Douglas already. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So how does this fit into the narrative that Woody forced ZW onto the roster as the QB2 last year and kept pushing for him to be the starter again due to JetBlue connections?

Well, there seems to be a disconnect of how Wilson walked right into being QB #2 this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Hopefully the Southwest founder doesn’t have any heirs 

He does. He's 6'5 250 pounds, can throw the ball 178 yards from his knees, and runs a 3.9 40. 

But, he's legally blind and has an IQ of 17. 

He'll be draft eligible in 2027.

Prepare.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

But wow. How bad it must have been with Zach. He’s gonna be out of the league if Woody is that done.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea that's how I read it, I don't think we find a trade partner if this floating out there

But I was told by @TuscanyTile2 there would be a bidding war

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I dunno. I’d say about 30% of people on this board kept saying “ you can’t deny that he is making progress” 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

@football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy @football guy 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

If anyone ever wondered why the team underachieves year after year after year….

its not bad luck picking the wrong QB

its not bad luck picking the wrong GM

its not bad luck picking the wrong HC

it’s a culture with no expectations or pressure to win.  

Steelers ownership applied pressure last week to a hall of fame coach that has never had a losing season. I don’t think it’s a legitimate concern for Tomlin but they sent him a clear public message 

woody oversaw this debacle and actually said publicly that there is no playoff mandate.  

madness 

He said it without saying it. Not hard to see that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

"I'm not a playoff mandate guy"

We know. That's why we haven't made the playoffs for the longest time in all of major sports, you moron.
He followed that with "We have to do a lot better than seven games." 8 isn't a lot better. I don't think 9 is a lot better either. I'd say he set the number at 10 and that's enough to make the playoffs.
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

We all know that Woody was behind the backup QB situation.   This idiot threw his bad GM and HC under the bad bus.  

they would not extend here if offered. 

I am not disagreeing on the bus part. Money talks though.

If they are offered extensions they will take them. How do you turn down 7 figures?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

what a f'n jack wagon. any potential trade value just flushed with woody's dinner.
We've been told over and over that he has no trade value so why are you getting your panties in a bunch?

Jet fans love being mad.
  • Haha 2