*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

He”ll start at least half this year until rookie QB is ready.

Yup - he might even start the full year, if the Cheats take the Mahomes approach with their rookie QB.

Signing for a team you have a history with, and having the chance to start to earn yourself another nice contract next offseason....or play backup for the Jets and their doomed regime.  Tough choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Not sure how reliable this source is but, if there really are 5+ teams in for Boyd, then I don't see the Jets getting him...unless JD does a Kinlaw and overpays significantly:

Perfect opportunity to leverage being able to catch balls from someone a heartbeat away from being the president of the united states. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness gracious, Joe Douglas wasn't willing to top this offer of 1y / 8M?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39711389/source-patriots-bring-qb-jacoby-brissett-1-year-deal

can you point to where it says that?

do you think the fact that the jets have aaron rodgers and the pats have bailey zappe atop their respective depth charts may have been a factor in where brissett preferred to play???

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Arik Armstead now on the market.

JD has already spent 10M on Kinlaw and Leti Foku.

Foku’s PFF page 🤣🤣

IMG_5006.thumb.png.1e6069b90631f042e09d3b21fe720a43.png

Is it true that Joe Namath's fur coat smells like scotch and pussy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think it would be smart and cost effective to try and sign both Jonah Williams and George Fant. Both can play either RT or LT, can start Day 1 if needed, and provide us with the opportunity to go BPA in the draft.

BPA will probably be OL anyway, or defense, truthfully. I’m still wondering if the jets are mulling some longer term qb options.  

6 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

do you think the fact that the jets have aaron rodgers and the pats have bailey zappe atop their respective depth charts may have been a factor in where brissett preferred to play???

IDK

Just asked a question, a reasonable one 

If I were him, the Jets would be more appealing because Rodgers is freaking 40 and you will def have a chance to play a few games, even playoff games, with a chance to contend for a Lombardi

I’d rather limit my exposure to being concussed or otherwise seriously injured by playing fewer games 

If Rodgers stays healthy, even better, I get paid for holding a clipboard

.Teams know what Brissett is.  He ain’t breaking the bank next offseason no matter how admirably he performs and the odds of him putting up monster stats or winning games in NE is next to zero.

27 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Arik Armstead now on the market.

JD has already spent 10M on Kinlaw and Leti Foku.

Foku’s PFF page 🤣🤣

IMG_5006.thumb.png.1e6069b90631f042e09d3b21fe720a43.png

Foku’s job will be to take up blockers so others can make the tackle........

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

Also Pats OC Alex Van Pelt was Brissett's OC with the Browns '22, one of Brissett's better seasons

If only some here would just do alittle research and think alittle before trashing every single move made

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

We see the same reaction to every signing / trade  - "we could have / should have offered more".

Like yeah, I was about to take a job with a top ranked company in the heart of New York city, but then a company in northern Alaska that's been losing money for 10 years offered me 5k a year more, so of course I took it.

(Apologies to any posters from northern Alaska, I'm sure it's lovely really :D

48 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Waiting to hear JD’s big WR signing is Mike Williams coming off an ACL injury.

Williams can really play if healthy and would complement Wilson very well. 

It's a shame he got hurt

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets had 3 gaping holes heading into the offseason - QB2, OL, and WR2.

So far, the team has added a high-end backup in Tyrod and landed two of Baltimore's starting OL who are durable.

All-in-all a solid start and they haven't done 1 restructure or touched next years money at all. They can go after whatever player they want.

And many of our moves don't affect the comp pick formula either.

Moses acquired via trade; Kinlaw was cut by the 49ers. I think Oliver was a cut too. Not sure on Simpson?

• Upvote 2

I am trying to play chess here but think the Jets are up to something. 
JD could have filled RT with a the pick at 10.  That is a lot of capital for a RT. 
he basically just filled it with Moses. 
You can’t get WRs.  Maybe we trade down pick up a second and draft Brian Thomas.  Or a guy like Pearsall,McConkey, Corley later.  

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t think we wanted Moses to leave.  He wanted to play for a better team closer to home.   

He wanted to start, and the Jets were counting on Becton to return while Fant (who had a fantastic season in '21) was going to move to RT.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bd71 said:

Waiting to hear JD’s big WR signing is Mike Williams coming off an ACL injury.

How did Breece Hall do coming off of ACL surgery?

You can do a lot worse than Williams.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How did Breece Hall do coming off of ACL surgery?

You can do a lot worse than Williams.

I'd roll the dice on Williams if he's cut, but let's be fair here - Breece is considerably younger and pretty much a freak amongst freaks. 

But I'd still bring in Mike Williams - not sure we have the cap, tho? Maybe after some restructures?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

IDK

Just asked a question, a reasonable one 

If I were him, the Jets would be more appealing because Rodgers is freaking 40 and you will def have a chance to play a few games, even playoff games, with a chance to contend for a Lombardi

I’d rather limit my exposure to being concussed or otherwise seriously injured by playing fewer games 

If Rodgers stays healthy, even better, I get paid for holding a clipboard

.Teams know what Brissett is.  He ain’t breaking the bank next offseason no matter how admirably he performs and the odds of him putting up monster stats or winning games in NE is next to zero.

These guys don't want to hold clipboards. They want to play, to compete, to win, while they still can. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Dang. Was hoping to throw a late round pick for him. Now he has a choice, we're screwed.

Injury history could limit his number of suitors, probably will get a 2 year deal disguised as a 4 year deal around 20m per. He’s really good when he’s playing. He’d be a nice compliment to G Willy.

• Upvote 1