*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

there he goes 

The Eagles invest in young talent at a premium position. Smart.

The way the Jets misused and under-valued Huff was criminal.

Letting a young, upper-tier pass rusher walk is JD's worst move to date. This one will look very bad in future years.

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

I like Bryce Huff and wanted to keep him but I really don’t see him living up to that contract at all. Wish him the best in Philly though. Figured he’d get a Carl Lawson type of deal

That is a Carl Lawson type of deal, adjusted for cap inflation. Lawson got $45M over 3 years with a much lower cap.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
44 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:
I doubt anyone will be signing him anytime soon based on the procedure he said he needed and when/if he got it done.

It was my understanding that the procedure was indeed performed.

The article that was posted said he hoped to be cleared before the regular season once he had it done

The Jets staff has for whatever reason never really liked Huff. Maybe it is his ability as an every down player or just the fact he was a UDFA. He was actually about average against the run last year which to me is good enough. Not locking up Huff is a huge mistake IMO. I dont remember the exact spec but our defense with and without is MUCH better WITH (him on the field)

Just like Mosely!

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I like Bryce Huff and wanted to keep him but I really don’t see him living up to that contract at all. Wish him the best in Philly though. Figured he’d get a Carl Lawson type of deal

Omg 

I can’t believe we have people defending this NONSENSE 🤣🤣🤣

DUDE HUFF WAS OUR BEST RUSHER TF YOU TALKING ABOUT??? YOU DEFEND EVERYTHING THESE CLOWNS DO 🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Huff is in his prime at age 25 and just notched double-digit sacks despite the Jets never playing with a lead (ZW, Timmy Boyle, etc.)

Something Carl Lawson has never done.

Huff has never been injured either.  He plays every game.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Omg 

I can’t believe we have people defending this NONSENSE 🤣🤣🤣

DUDE HUFF WAS OUR BEST RUSHER TF YOU TALKING ABOUT??? YOU DEFEND EVERYTHING THESE CLOWNS DO 🤦‍♂️

Jermaine Johnson is better. The mistake the Jets made was not moving him at the deadline. Huff is a good player but the Jets must be giving 51 million dollars to OL and receiver. They shouldn’t spend a dollar on the defense. It’s top 5 with or without Huff

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Our best passrusher who plays 35% of the snaps and prior to last year, had never had more than 5 sacks in a season.

Huff is a situational passrusher who can’t hold up against the run.

He’s basically Yannick Ngakoue, and that dude has bounced around from team to team.

I would’ve liked to keep him, but not at nearly $20 million a year while severely handicapping our ability to fix the OL and add another receiver.

Boom. Yannick is the perfect comparison IMO

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Huff is in his prime at age 25 and just notched double-digit sacks despite the Jets never playing with a lead (ZW, Timmy Boyle, etc.)

Something Carl Lawson has never done.

Huff has never been injured either.  He plays every game.

Amazing how dumb JD is, lets wait for him to get back from his 3rd trip to dunking donuts today and maybe he can sign sh*t IOL for 15m/year

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Letting a young, upper-tier pass rusher walk is JD's worst move to date. This one will look very bad in future years.
Yes. Definitely worse than drafting Zach Wilson

Do you even think before you post?

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Jermaine Johnson is better. The mistake the Jets made was not moving him at the deadline. Huff is a good player but the Jets must be giving 51 million dollars to OL and receiver. They shouldn’t spend a dollar on the defense. It’s top 5 with or without Huff

lol not even close

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Our best passrusher who plays 35% of the snaps and prior to last year, had never had more than 5 sacks in a season.

He’s basically Yannick Ngakoue, and that dude has bounced around from team to team.

I would’ve liked to keep him, but not at nearly $20 million a year while severely handicapping our ability to fix the OL and add another receiver.

It’s hard to justify paying him that money here, when the offense can’t score any points.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Just now, BigRy56 said:

1- Huff is average against the run which is fine

2- JJ is not a better rusher than huff

3- we only didn’t resign Huff because like with Wilson, THESE CLOWNS NEED TO JUSTIFY THAT DUMB AF PICK FROM LAST YEAR

STOP WITH THE LIES AND GASLIGHTING THIS IS BAD AND JD SCREWED UP PERIOD!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

JJ is not better and has never been better at pass rushing than Huff.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Doubt it. McDonald can be a better overall player - guy was picked way higher for a reason - he's not one dimensional and will be able to play more downs. I bet we add a fast guy off the edge that only plays on obvious passing downs as another undrafted free agent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s hard to justify paying him that money here, when the offense can’t score any points.  

especially when we already have a young ascending Edge player in JJ and a guy you drafted in the first last year that profiles skill set wise the same as huff.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1