*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

......the most vocal......

A very smart and correct point.  Loud tends to win, in real life, an on forums.

I am sure the vast majority of site visitors are cautiously optimistic that this time Rodgers won't get hurt, and we'll win 10 games and make the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, that, and 8 years since our last winning season, and no playoffs since 2010. 

Over that time we've drafted five bust QB's, Sanchez, Geno, Hackenberg, Darnold & Wilson. 

Offenses ranked 28, 29, 28, 11 (Fitzy), 30, 24, 23, 31, 32, 28, 29 & 29 since 2011.

And Rodgers played 4 plays last year after a near-Ironman career prior to that.

What warrants there being more positivity than negativity given this long record of failure?  I'd say nothing at this time.

The best cure to negativity is success.  Show us, don't tell us.  Positive words are cheap and easy, results are harder.

I think a slim majority here might have supported firing the GM and Coach after 2023, aye.

I think only a small minority think we're doomed till Woody sells.  He isn't selling, so it is what it is.

Agree with most everything in this post except the last point. I think if you ran a poll here a substantial majority would absolutely think we’re doomed until Woody sells.

• Upvote 3

Nothing blows my kilt up about it.
I expected a playoff season last year.  We had Aaron Rodgers after all.
I expect one this year now, the talent is good enough, mostly, and should get better if our GM pulls his head out of his ass.
But this franchise finds a way to change offseason "expects playoffs" into horrible failure every year, for decades now, so we'll see.
I just won't stomach the bitchy "Jets Fans suck they complain too much" posters here for expressing anything critical.  This isn't a fanclub, it's a forum.

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much but just as they are free to complain about what they perceive to be overly negative comments, you are free to complain about them as well.

Just now, choon328 said:

Top Guard

Good Center (Push out Tippman)

Veteran LT

Mid Level WR

That's my prediction

Cushenberry is available.  If we sign him then Tippmann can play OG.  I don't see why that would be an issue for this team.  Between those 2 and AVT, we'd have the entire IOL taken care of.  Then draft and sign 2 more OTs.  Or maybe give Carter Warren the RT job?

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Cushenberry is available.  If we sign him then Tippmann can play OG.  I don't see why that would be an issue for this team.  Between those 2 and AVT, we'd have the entire IOL taken care of.  Then draft and sign 2 more OTs.  Or maybe give Carter Warren the RT job?

I think the LT will be Bakhtiari, he's Rodgers best friend. AVT will play RT.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I think the LT will be Bakhtiari, he's Rodgers best friend. AVT will play RT.

AVT should not play T, he will get hurt.  He does not need to play T to make money.  

The 2024 Ts could be Bakhtiari, Warren, Mitchell, draft pick, other misc guys.  No Turner.