*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

This should be a template for CJ Mosley. Get his number down to a reasonable level this year and give him some guarantees. CJ is a few years younger than DD so maybe a 2-3 year extension at $10-$11mm AAV with this season and next season's salary mostly guaranteed with a 2027 non guaranteed balloon payment we can get out of... 

Something like: 

2024 - $7mm (guaranteed)

2025 - $9mm (guaranteed)

2026 - $14-16mm - $0-$5mm in guarantees

Would save us $10mm on cap this year and avoid his 2025 and 2026 dead money hits. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Columbia Jet Fan said:

This should be a template for CJ Mosley. Get his number down to a reasonable level this year and give him some guarantees. CJ is a few years younger than DD so maybe a 2-3 year extension at $10-$11mm AAV with this season and next season's salary mostly guaranteed with a 2027 non guaranteed balloon payment we can get out of... 

Something like: 

2024 - $7mm (guaranteed)

2025 - $9mm (guaranteed)

2026 - $14-16mm - $0-$5mm in guarantees

Would save us $10mm on cap this year and avoid his 2025 and 2026 dead money hits. 

Or, just cut him post June 1 and save 17 million. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Jets sending out an offer to top priority players.

players: great offer, see if any of the other 31 teams will match.

Jets sending out an offer to top priority players.

players: “You get rid of Keith Carter yet?”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't save it till June 1st, literally the worst option if your trying to get cap relief to bring in FA's

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I forgot his cap hit was $21mm this year. I thought it was $17mm. If we extended him for next year we'd be saving $14mm this year. I'd rather keep Mosley than have an additional $3mm of cap space this year and avoid $6mm in dead cap next year (in my made up structure we'd be paying him $9mm - so another $3mm of savings). 

As much as I don't love CJ (or specifically his contract) I don't think you can replace him for $3mm and I'd rather not create more holes in a win now window. 

4 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I forgot his cap hit was $21mm this year. I thought it was $17mm. If we extended him for next year we'd be saving $14mm this year. I'd rather keep Mosley than have an additional $3mm of cap space this year and avoid $6mm in dead cap next year (in my made up structure we'd be paying him $9mm - so another $3mm of savings). 

As much as I don't love CJ (or specifically his contract) I don't think you can replace him for $3mm and I'd rather not create more holes in a win now window. 

I just don’t think a slow, old, middling linebacker is worth putting more money and years into. He’s vastly overrated by this fan base and I’m tired of watching him tackle 7 yard down field. But whatever makes the money work best, I guess. 

• Sympathy 1

I’ve got the following in my feed:

- Pittman new contract, stays in Indy

- Deandre Swift to the Bears

- Tony Pollard to the Titans

- Kendrick Bourne back to the scumbag cheaters

- Dion Dawkins back to Bills, also is a doosh

As long as he's cheap and not the only LT we sign or draft then I'm more than fine with this.
This x100. If he gives us a discount to play with Rodgers I think it's a gamble worth taking. This article details why he has had all the knee problems since the original injury:

https://www.packers.com/news/david-bakhtiari-addresses-season-ending-knee-injury-his-future

Use a mid round pick to draft a backup or rely on Warren. If his knee issue are truly fixed then for the right price this is a gamble I would make.
  • Upvote 1