*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

Just now, Mike135 said:

Agreed.  Seems like a luxury a team like the Jets (with so many holes on the oline) can't afford.  

Jets D is still going to be very good.  

Build a wall in front of Rodgers. 

download.gif.11322ef3c93b8ebb6b4aebdf726c546f.gif

We got the  Saleh and Ulrich masterminds after all!

The same ones belly aching over Huff wanted Jamal Adams never to leave.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t know, 17mil for a guy who doesn’t play every down seems steep 

For a proven elite pass rusher with his win % off the EDGE, I don't think it's steep at all.

Especially with the cap ballooning every year with the Billions in TV / streaming revenue.

Besides it's a "3y deal" which means there's an out after 2y.

The fully gtd number is all that really matters.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

How about Maybin?

Maybin sucked

Ngakoue has averaged around 8-9 sacks a year throughout his career. Yet he’s still been on like 6-7 different teams.

It’s because he can’t set the edge and gets pushed around in the running game.

The same is going to happen to Huff if he’s not allowed to just pin his ears back on every snap and rush the QB.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mike135 said:

Agreed.  Seems like a luxury a team like the Jets (with so many holes on the oline) can't afford.  

Jets D is still going to be very good.  

Build a wall in front of Rodgers. 

download.gif.11322ef3c93b8ebb6b4aebdf726c546f.gif

What wall?????? 

Who is coming here? The coaches don’t even want to be here. Can’t you guys read the room? Only desperate players are coming here

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

I really want to hear the defense of JD's logic here....he lets a young home grown talent walk for nothing.

If you knew you were to cheap to pay him why not deal him last year.

NONE of this makes sense. 

Maybe no one was willing to give up any draft capital 

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We got the  Saleh and Ulrich masterminds after all!

The same ones belly aching over Huff wanted Jamal Adams never to leave.

Yup. Huff was a good Jet but he’s not a part of how I’m going to judge the Jets off-season. They will be more to than fine without him

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Doubt it. McDonald can be a better overall player - guy was picked way higher for a reason - he's not one dimensional and will be able to play more downs. I bet we add a fast guy off the edge that only plays on obvious passing downs in the draft. 

Huff was not really one dimensional last year. He was average against the run which is perfectly fine for an elite pass rusher. The Jets are idiots. Flat out.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I really want to hear the defense of JD's logic here....he lets a young home grown talent walk for nothing.

“wE cAnT aFfOrD hUfF aNd bUiLd tHe OLiNe”

there are literally people here who believe this NONSENSE 🤣😭

Damn we have some amazing fans around here 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a tweet earlier of an Eagles reporter warning of Bryce Huff.

In 2023, 6/10 sacks came against backup OTs and 2/10 came from the QB falling down. Don’t know/care how accurate that is, but I am 100% positive that would’ve been tossed around here often if the Jets gave him 20mil a season 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Yup. Huff was a good Jet but he’s not a part of how I’m going to judge the Jets off-season. They will be more to than fine without him

I admire your confidence.  I think edge production/pass rush is very much TBD, not the sure thing you do.  I have far less faith in our twin #1 picks than most tho, to be fair.

Of course, JD might decide to go three for three and pick another edge with his #1, lol.  Who knows.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The 8 pick just became a nice trade up spot for a qb

You mean the 10th pick? 

Cousins to Atlanta definitely is a win for us. 

Minnesota needs to add a QB - Baker is gone so there isn't a realistic option to be competitive in FA. This benefits the Jets because

1) Minny may trade up to grab JJ McCarthy. Doing so would likely mean trading with Chargers/Giants. Those two teams are possible OT/WR selections who would then be picking after us. 

2) If no one trades out anyone wanting a QB will want to move ahead of the Vikings. We select one spot ahead of them. Broncos, Raiders, Saints, and maybe Seahawks make sense. Those teams pick at 12,13,14, and 16 - so we could still get a top OT and add another pick in rounds 2/3. 

• Post of the Week 3

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He blew it.  It is true that any and every GM can get bit by a FA they paid big money for getting injured or a sure fire draft pick turning out to be a dud, but if this is a clear indictment of JD's poor management.  They lost a talented player and got nothing in return.  ZERO.  This was a mistake that did not have to happen.  

4 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

You mean the 10th pick? 

Cousins to Atlanta definitely is a win for us. 

Minnesota needs to add a QB - Baker is gone so there isn't a realistic option to be competitive in FA. This benefits the Jets because

1) Minny may trade up to grab JJ McCarthy. Doing so would likely mean trading with Chargers/Giants. Those two teams are possible OT/WR selections who would then be picking after us. 

2) If no one trades out anyone wanting a QB will want to move ahead of the Vikings. We select one spot ahead of them. Broncos, Raiders, Saints, and maybe Seahawks make sense. Those teams pick at 12,13,14, and 16 - so we could still get a top OT and add another pick in rounds 2/3. 

It’s amazing how you guys forget to add in the part about the draft being a crapshoot and it’s a 50/50 chance the dude will blow

We shouldn’t be relying on rookies in a all in year with a 40 year old QB on one leg but here we are fans begging for it

🤦‍♂️