Cimini comments on Becton

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Just heard Cimini on my drive home saying that he knows of three teams are are in on Becton.

I'm not wishing ill of the guy, but damn is it gonna' suck if he gets back to 100% and plays the way he did (or better) as a rookie.

Dude....let me help you out. Becton sucks dirty ass

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tooooon said:

It would suck if my ex wife lost 100 lbs and got a job and started banging my best friend.  I’m not all that worried though.

Haha! I HAVE  no  friends, so the joke would be on HER!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Yes, we all remember everyone talking about how decent he was as he launched defenders all over the field. 

LOL

Yes I remember homers ignoring his bad play and hyper focusing on a few highlights because the fanbase convinced themselves Joe Douglas was the best GM in the league and an o line guru.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

YES!    James Farrior.  I was thinking in the last 20 years BUT i think OP was about who we released, not who left us.  

Well in fairness you usually release players when their play drops off or they aren’t that good to start.  😎

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

We always worry about an underperforming player leaving the Jets and becoming a star - and it almost never happens. 

Demarco Davis, Danny Woodhead,  John Abraham,  Hugh Douglas,  Arthur maulet, Santana Moss, Leonard Williams,  Blake Cashman, Frankie Luvu, Jason Ferguson,  James farrier, Darrelle Revis, folorenzo fatukasi, George fant, Joe Flacco....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m playing pretty well, but the top of my bag is sooo different from this time last year. 3W and 3H are both gone, I went 4W, 7W then 4&5H. (I’m even considering a 6H… it’s just a question of finding one that gaps well between the 5H and 7i.

I’m a little jealous looking at that sim. I’ve been considering one but I only have to  go about a quarter mile to get to our practice area and range. That said, when my grandson is the same age as yours? I’ll probably be back on the Island and have him hitting balls on mine too. It’s so cool you’re getting to do it now!

I’m I’m leaning your way.  I’ve used a 4W for years and added a 7W at the end of 2023.  I switch a 3H in and out depending on the course, have a 4H and am thinking about going 5H.  

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m I’m leaning your way.  I’ve used a 4W for years and added a 7W at the end of 2023.  I switch a 3H in and out depending on the course, have a 4H and am thinking about going 5H.  

The 7W is taking a little getting used to. I’m not getting a consistent number with it yet, and when I hit it too high it’s bunching up with my 4H (I think that’s shaft related I should’ve gone heavier with the 7 instead of matching the 4W shaft) but it’s so freaking easy to elevate.  I’d reached a point where the 3H wasn’t carrying enough to cover the water or waste areas down here. It became a one trick pony club only good on wide open long par 4’s or par 5 second shots where I could hit a low screamer that runs out forever. 🙄

Definitely look into the 5H. I got mine about a year ago and it’s already my favorite club. It’s point and shoot off the turf, a cheat club off tight lies around the green, and great out of FW bunkers. (this is coming from someone who liked his 5i until the day my friend had me try his 5H on the range one morning.)

The 6H might end up being a bridge too far, but the 5H is so magical, I’m thinking about maybe pushing the envelope here?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Woodhead 

I’m an idiot, and I make about 20 mistakes a day here, but I’ll always own up to them. Not with this one though. It was either spell check or I’m going senile, because I know his name. 😂
The kid was my favorite player on Hard Knocks, and I followed him through his entire career. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I’m an idiot, and I make about 20 mistakes a day here, but I’ll always own up to them. This one was either spell check or I’m going senile because I know his name. 😂
The kid was my favorite player on Hard Knocks, and I followed him through his entire career. 

I was a huge Woodhead fan. I was so pissed the Jets let the Patriots sign him off our practice squad. He never should have been demoted to the Practice Squad, but Rex screwed up and NE got him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was a huge Woodhead fan. I was so pissed the Jets let the Patriots sign him off our practice squad. He never should have been demoted to the Practice Squad, but Rex screwed up and NE got him.

Yep. He lit it up in TC and preseason that summer, I think they just didn’t believe what their eyes were seeing.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean yeah but a lot of guys are in it for the sport too. They want to be the best, compete for championships and all that goes with it.

I don't think that stuff is very important to Becton. Could be wrong obviously I don't know him. Just the impression I get.

Think the “tell” was right after he got paid in his rookie season he bought that huge piece of bling that spelled “Big Ticket”.  Think it cost a few hundred thou.  Only in it for the money, which can be understandable but I wish the Jets had better scouts.  Then again I’ve wished that for more years than I can count to.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Just heard Cimini on my drive home saying that he knows of three teams are are in on Becton.

I'm not wishing ill of the guy, but damn is it gonna' suck if he gets back to 100% and plays the way he did (or better) as a rookie.

It’s Las Vegas, they are known for their amazing buffets.  Go ahead and sign him.

When your cities’ buffets go out of business, we will finally get justice for the Heidi game.

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

his Rookie season was way way over blown. Besides all we can go on is what he did last year and he was terrible , he can not in any way deal with speed rushers which is what he will be facing 80% of the time and that just does not work . How long before he gains back 40 pounds and starts ripping carteledge to shreds ? he lost that weight for one reason to get a contract and he will sh*t the bed in a big sh*t kinda way once he gets any money im 100% sure of that.

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

his Rookie season was way way over blown. Besides all we can go on is what he did last year and he was terrible , he can not in any way deal with speed rushers which is what he will be facing 80% of the time and that just does not work . How long before he gains back 40 pounds and starts ripping carteledge to shreds ? he lost that weight for one reason to get a contract and he will sh*t the bed in a nig sh*t kinda way once he gets any money im 100% sure of that.

Edit

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Think the “tell” was right after he got paid in his rookie season he bought that huge piece of bling that spelled “Big Ticket”.  Think it cost a few hundred thou.  Only in it for the money, which can be understandable but I wish the Jets had better scouts.  Then again I’ve wished that for more years than I can count to.

Getting flagged for pot at the combine was a telltale sign of immaturity and stupidity 

Hard to win with dumb players 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

We always worry about an underperforming player leaving the Jets and becoming a star - and it almost never happens. 

Actually, i think with O lineman there is a pretty consistent recent track record of guys leaving the Jets and performing better for their new team.

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

It’s Las Vegas, they are known for their amazing buffets.  Go ahead and sign him.

When your cities’ buffets go out of business, we will finally get justice for the Heidi game.

I could see the Raiders offering him one year deal.    Why with Eluemunor gone you need a swing tackle .    ( even though Thayer Munford could be that guy) .     The other right tackle competing with Munford - Dj Fluker , and 6’9 340 udfa Dalton Wagner( Raiders hid him on ir last year) are strictly Rts or guard.       The Raiders are drafting a couple Rt at some point in the draft( good chance might be at thirteen)  to compete with those .      Competition is never a bad thing , and not like you’re counting on him to be starter. 

The Jet ex offense lineman I could see more than Becton is Laken Tomlinson -  he played his best playing  next to top Lt .  Kolton Miller is such a Lt,  something he didn’t have with the Jets. 

6 hours ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Becton has consistently proven that he's a mental midget inside the body of a giant. He will never be anything better than a mediocre player

Olineman with his size and power are hard to find and the jets drafted him. Its not crazy to want him back. It doesn't mean we aren't drafting an ot 

Douglas is really a nutless pushover if he brings Becton back.

The dude straight up blamed you and your front office and coaching staff for his last knee injury, he’s essentially missed two full seasons out of a 4 year career, and when he finally stayed relatively healthy last year he ended up leading the league in penalties and sacks allowed…

You’re going to bring him back WHY, exactly? Because he was a Top 12 pick once upon a time? Whoopty sh*t.

And don’t give me this “what other options are there?” nonsense.

There are OT’s on the street who maybe aren’t household names but they’ll provide more of an anchor than his fatass will.

Hell, the Jets just drafted Warren in the 4th round last year and he showed some solid signs at both LT and RT. I’d roll with him over bringing back Becton all day.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Sauce did the same thing....they all do

lol so did Woody

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2cMIMuw8c3Lu4pVUaz6V

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The 7W is taking a little getting used to. I’m not getting a consistent number with it yet, and when I hit it too high it’s bunching up with my 4H (I think that’s shaft related I should’ve gone heavier with the 7 instead of matching the 4W shaft) but it’s so freaking easy to elevate.  I’d reached a point where the 3H wasn’t carrying enough to cover the water or waste areas down here. It became a one trick pony club only good on wide open long par 4’s or par 5 second shots where I could hit a low screamer that runs out forever. 🙄

Definitely look into the 5H. I got mine about a year ago and it’s already my favorite club. It’s point and shoot off the turf, a cheat club off tight lies around the green, and great out of FW bunkers. (this is coming from someone who liked his 5i until the day my friend had me try his 5H on the range one morning.)

The 6H might end up being a bridge too far, but the 5H is so magical, I’m thinking about maybe pushing the envelope here?

That’s exactly what I’m seeing with my 7W.  My height and distances are all over the place, I can’t seem to dial it in.  
I will try the 5H though.  I assume that easy as the 4H is to hit that it will just be more of the same with the 5.  

• Upvote 1

He didn't play for two years.

It's unsurprising that he struggled after that much time off.  I'm on the record many times that I would've picked up his fifth year option. 

I won't be shocked if he plays pretty well this year. 

• Upvote 3