Please don't sign OBJ; Update 5/3, We Didn't, Signs with Miami

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

For the love of God, he was a bum and over priced that never showed up when they needed him.

We don't need him 

He’s no longer a #1, may not even be a number 2, as a low priced 3, you could do a lot worse. I haven’t seen anything linking him to us but if he came on a cheap deal, I’d much rather have odell running routes vs lazard.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Give me Renfrow on the cheap

I'm with you on this but I did hear on one of the sports radio stations (I think WFAN) that the Jets were linked to OBJ.  The hosts were saying that he had a very good run in the playoffs a few years ago when the Rams won the SB (Though IIRC he got hurt in the SB).  I do kind of remember him playing very well and thinking he was a threat again.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm with you on this but I did hear on one of the sports radio stations (I think WFAN) that the Jets were linked to OBJ.  The hosts were saying that he had a very good run in the playoffs a few years ago when the Rams won the SB (Though IIRC he got hurt in the SB).  I do kind of remember him playing very well and thinking he was a threat again.

I think with OBJ it comes down to price. We wanted to be a Jet last year but chose money instead. Which is fine. I'm not judging anyone trying to get paid.

But I can guarantee with us signing Williams and sitting at 10 that we wont pay big time for another WR. So if OBJ is willing to take a team friendly deal (likely not very incentive based bc he after all would be at best a 4th option in the passing game for us). Than I'm ok with signing him for a slot type role. I wouldn't pay him anything over about 6mill on a 1 year deal. But I'm sure someone will pay him quite a bit more than that. While he didn't put up stats last year. He did stay rather healthy. Which was a huge pro for him.

• Post of the Week 1

Yeah no thanks.  Maybe if we missed out on Williams but not now.  Just go draft a weapon.  I think we have like $9M left and if Clowney signs, we'll probably need to find some cap just to fit our draft class and depth signings(McGovern, vet OT, vet RB).  If we can somehow trade Zach that should be enough to fit all of the above.  

• Upvote 2

Soft pass....vet minimum maybe...but I'd rather not add to the sideshow that we already usually are if we can avoid it. This team does not do well when in the spotlight and we are starting to get lit again with these recent signings. I'd rather fade out of the spotlight, let these guys hunker down and focus on the big picture. OBJ is a walking, talking distraction  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

For the right price on a 1-year deal to be our WR3? Why the hell not?

If he wants 4, 5 million, maybe.

He got 16 from the Ravens, for 35 catches and 565 yards.   Going back to 2020, he barely has a total of 100 receptions, total.  You are paying for the name, not the production.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

If he wants 4, 5 million, maybe.

He got 16 from the Ravens, for 35 catches and 565 yards.   Going back to 2020, he barely has a total of 100 receptions, total.  You are paying for the name, not the production.

Based on what he produced for Baltimore last season, ff he gets paid WR3 or WR4 $ in the $4-5 million range like you said then that's a good output.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I thought Renfrow has had concussion issues?

Grade 1 is considered a mild concussion.  He would be a cheap worthwhile add.

Date League Injury Details
Sep 10, 2016 Non-NFL Hand Wrist Fracture Suffered broken hand against Troy sidelining Renfrow for the next 4 games.
Nov 17, 2018 Non-NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Renfrow hit his head hard after his first reception against Duke sidelining him for the remainder of the game. He returned the following week with no set back.
Nov 24, 2019 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Renfrow was diagnosed with a broken rib after exiting the Week 12 game vs. the Jets. He missed 3 games
Sep 18, 2022 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Renfrow went down in Week 2.
Nov 6, 2022 NFL Abdomen Muscle Strain Grade 2 Renfrow was placed on IR.
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Grade 1 is considered a mild concussion.  He would be a cheap worthwhile add.

Date League Injury Details
Sep 10, 2016 Non-NFL Hand Wrist Fracture Suffered broken hand against Troy sidelining Renfrow for the next 4 games.
Nov 17, 2018 Non-NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Renfrow hit his head hard after his first reception against Duke sidelining him for the remainder of the game. He returned the following week with no set back.
Nov 24, 2019 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Renfrow was diagnosed with a broken rib after exiting the Week 12 game vs. the Jets. He missed 3 games
Sep 18, 2022 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Renfrow went down in Week 2.
Nov 6, 2022 NFL Abdomen Muscle Strain Grade 2 Renfrow was placed on IR.

Good info. Thanks for posting. Not as bad as I had originally thought.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

that was before they forced players to leave and miss games due to concussions.

And now we know that you need to drink more water or else you get diagnosed with a 2 month concussion, at which point you might as well pack your bags for Utah because your season is over.  

Crazy how much the science has advanced. 

• Haha 1

When Garrett Wilson started for the Jets in his rookie year, he reminded me a lot of a young OBJ. Not imposing, but super talented at the point of catch. Both OBJ and GW had 'The Catch Of The Year Award'!

But Garrett has always been so much more mature, humble, and hard working, where OBJ seemed content to live off his talents and party and whine as much as possible.

So anyways, we already have OBJ at his prime, don't need OBJ in decline.

• Upvote 1

• Lith changed the title to Please don't sign OBJ; Update 5/3, We Didn't, Signs with Miami