Christmas Day Game (Wednesday)

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Considering at how good we looked at the first ever Black Friday game I'm sure the league will rush to put us in that slot 

The nation gets so pumped to see the Jets.  Saleh will have perfected his short game by then

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Great another way for millions of people to drown themselves in the entertainment/media industry instead of spending quality, personal time with their friends/families on what a majority of people view as a holy day.  Certainly needed more of that.

What a righteous league the NFL is, promoting gambling on Christmas Day.  #SocietalGoals #ModsBanMe

About 60 percent of the U.S. come from Christian heritage. Less than 40% of them attend church on a regular basis. The VAST majority of Americans see Christmas a day to sleep, give and get presents, eat and maybe go to the movies. Not as a holy day.

14 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Great another way for millions of people to drown themselves in the entertainment/media industry instead of spending quality, personal time with their friends/families on what a majority of people view as a holy day.  Certainly needed more of that.

What a righteous league the NFL is, promoting gambling on Christmas Day.  #SocietalGoals #ModsBanMe

I don’t think the game on in the background will prevent people from going to Mass or spending time with their families. 

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Considering at how good we looked at the first ever Black Friday game I'm sure the league will rush to put us in that slot 

They are waiting for their next buttfumble.  The Jets draw attention, laughs and revenue. Every court needs its jester. 

How will this work for scheduling?  Will the teams be coming off a bye for the Sunday before?  Are they gonna force teams to play two games in 4 days.  Or, if the Wednesday games are part of the week of 12/22 games, you are now going to have teams with 3 days rest playing a fully rested team the following Sunday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

About 60 percent of the U.S. come from Christian heritage. Less than 40% of them attend church on a regular basis. The VAST majority of Americans see Christmas a day to sleep, give and get presents, eat and maybe go to the movies. Not as a holy day.

true that.  it is cultural for many and not religious.  everyone loves the cultural parts of Christmas.  amazingly fun and engaging holiday.  but you can still have it all.  tress, lights, presents, food, family, church, football and the religious component too.  i don't see how watching a game on tv would detract from one's faith.  the good life itself is part of the celebration especially if you contemplate your faith while enjoying. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Jets will be out of contention by then. Non story! 

You are saying this becasue of the horror of a jets game interfering with the Christmas feast.   I'm with you on this one brother.

I refuse to watch 3rd stringer zach wilson come into the game just as I sit down with my mountain of potatoes and gravy and stuffing and turkey.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

As a bizarre side note, I am catholic and after many years of ditching church and not going I have actually started going recently, 3 weeks in a row!

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are saying this becasue of the horror of a jets game interfering with the Christmas feast.   I'm with you on this one brother.

I refuse to watch 3rd stringer zach wilson come into the game just as I sit down with my mountain of potatoes and gravy and stuffing and turkey.

^^ This is what I like to call a kindred soul. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

As a bizarre side note, I am catholic and after many years of ditching church and not going I have actually started going recently, 3 weeks in a row!

12 years of Parochial School whittled me down. Churches are basically for weddings and funerals for me nowadays. Plus, I married a Turkish girl. 😆 

I told my parents my kids were fully educated on Religion. They watched all 3 of the Indiana Jones movies by age 10...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

12 years of Parochial School whittled me down. Churches are basically for weddings and funerals for me nowadays. Plus, I married a Turkish girl. 😆 

I told my parents my kids were fully educated on Religion. They watched all 3 of the Indiana Jones movies by age 10...

Part of going back to church aside from a bit of a spiritual boost perhaps is instilling more discipline in myself.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

^^^^^ definitely not Italian.

• Upvote 1