Earthquake in NJ?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Anyone in the area feel that a few minutes ago?

That was weird. I thought it was something from Earle Navy Base nearby but talked to others not near here and they felt it to.

Mekhi tripped and fell at Shoneys going back for 3rds.

• Haha 2

4.7/4.8 seems like.  

When you have one in a a place that rarely has them, even the smallish ones like this can do real damage and scare the piss out of you.  We had one down here in DC a few years back like that, although I think it wasn't quite a 4.8 here.

Didn't feel anything here in DC/NoVA, for the record.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Did you feel it driving, or do you not really notice it if you're not in a shaking building? 

No I didn't feel it but I was also cranking loverboy at 11 so 

• Haha 1

so the internet told me that the eastern plates are hundreds of millions of years older than the western plates and are super dense which is why the impacts are felt so far away. Pretty wild 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

That was weird. I thought it was something from Earle Navy Base nearby but talked to others not near here and they felt it to.

I thought the same thing. I live between McGuire and Fort Dix and they're always blowing stuff up !!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I am 100% positive this is what you mean:

Sadly no its the 80s band. Turn me loose was in the new gorilla movie and was inspired by lol. 

4 minutes ago, jetfan40yrs said:

Since you're bringing up the subject, here is a reliable word:

Hebrews 12:25-28 "See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven,

whose voice then shook the earth, but now He has promised, saying, 'Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.'

Now this 'Yet once more' indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear."

https://youtu.be/PQVkq0HJGWI?si=sTLmcjAluSl5dNkt

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Nah that was aftershocks from a news report that JD was talking about taking an edge with the 10th pick. 

• Haha 3

Seriously. I lived on the lower east side back in the 80's in a 21 story housing building. One night I felt the building slightly move ever so slightly. Now I was pretty ripped back in those days so I wasnt sure until the next day it was reported NYC experienced an earthquake, be it ever so mild.  But @32EBoozer did feel it. He thought it was an altered state phenomenon. george costanza seinfeld GIF