Total Solar Eclipse Today

I find it ironic that Buffalo will be totally darkened today...

Is this symbolic of an end for their  Super Bowl hopes OR a rise from the ashes event! LOL

Sabine Stanley, a Bloomberg distinguished professor in Earth and planetary sciences at Johns Hopkins University, is the author of “What’s Hidden Inside Planets?”

I’ve always been amazed that total solar eclipses are possible. The sun, an 870,000-mile-wide ball of gas over 90 million miles away from us gets completely blocked by the moon, a 2,100-mile-wide ball of rock 240,000 miles away. If the sun were a bit bigger or closer, or if the moon were a bit smaller or farther, totality would not occur. There’s no scientific reason for this; it’s a wondrous coincidence.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I hope he knows regular or even polarized sunglasses are not safe to look at the eclipse.

That would be an all time jets thing, QB blinded looking at eclipse.

I feel like Rodgers will be too busy performing some sort of sacrificial ritual during the eclipse to look at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, freestater said:

Starting the second side of Dark Side of the Moon at 2:57. Eclipse should start playing about 36 seconds before totality

Right about then I'll have a cloudy sky in Syracuse. All this Total Solar Eclipse hype, and we're gonna have a cloudy sky. Lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Right about then I'll have a cloudy sky in Syracuse. All this Total Solar Eclipse hype, and we're gonna have a cloudy sky. Lol

Same here in Rochester, though getting totally dark for three and a half minutes in the daytime will be a once in a lifetime thing to remember!.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I hope he knows regular or even polarized sunglasses are not safe to look at the eclipse.

I’d bet every cent I make the rest of my life that Aaron Rodgers 1.) doesn’t believe it’s an eclipse, 2.) does believe it’s a conspiracy to get people to wear these glasses so our government can do ungodly things to them, and 3.) is 100% convinced he knows better than all of us, even if he knows nothing at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

yeah that sucks. my sister and her kids traveled to buffalo to see it. i hope they get a break in the clouds

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

At least he could spend the rest of his days on podcasts, blaming space lasers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

27 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

yeah that sucks. my sister and her kids traveled to buffalo to see it. i hope they get a break in the clouds

IMG_8155.jpeg

• Haha 1

Complete bust here in Rochester.  Cloud cover too intense to see sht. 

Personally don't care but a lot of people drove here from around the country lol.  Heard like 95% of airbnbs were rented. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Pac said:

Personally don't care but a lot of people drove here from around the country lol.  Heard like 95% of airbnbs were rented. 

It's cool. Looks like the Moon from the Lucky Charms cereal when you use the glasses. Not bad. 

• Haha 3

They declared a state of emergency in Niagara Falls I believe, expecting an influx of people

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

They declared a state of emergency in Niagara Falls I believe, expecting an influx of people

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Kinda cool when it got dark as midnight for a couple minutes but sadly didn't see a thing.  Feel bad for the people who vacationed around it. 

• Upvote 1