Pick 171: Jets select FSU QB Jordan Travis

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I don’t know… he backpedals and gets jittery feet when things breakdown.  
Can get away with it in college, not in the NFL.

That's why he's a 5th round QB.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a longer term for your investment. Especially with them sitting a couple years. I’m all for the pick. It’s just what college football and especially these classes that had the Covid year in there eligibility. That these guys are older. Especially at QB with transferring and all.

I like the pick. But obviously I’d like it more if he was 21-22 and he’d be starting perhaps at 23-24. Not 26-27

Zach lasted 3 years, Darnold 3 years, Geno 4 years, they were all drafted at 22 years or younger. Maybe youth and inexperience isn’t what it’s all cracked up to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I would’ve preferred Pratt or rattler, but I’m glad they got themselves a quarterback project

I said before the draft that I wanted Pratt or Travis in the midrounds 

I didn’t have a big preference. Would have been fine either way. They picked one, so I’m happy 

• Upvote 1

Let me ask you ladies something. This guy got his leg broken correct that is his injury a broken leg so am I correct to assume that it’s going to heal like any other broken bone and pretty much be as good as it was before? Am I correct to assume that a broken leg is 100 times better Than a blown out knee or Achilles or something like that 

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

PFF rated him 9th said he's a fan favorite a good player with great intangibles without a strong arm. https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-position-rankings-quarterbacks

Will be a fun player to watch in preseason. Doesn't have the idle size or arm strength but a great decision maker and one of the best running QBs in the draft. His ability to create on blown blocking assignments is top notch.

Had he played vs Florida, Louisville and the FBS playoffs, his stock would be through the roofs. Unfortunately thing went the other way. 

So, I am confused. Are we down on this guy because he is injured and might not play this year or because he isn’t any good? Everything I watched, seemed to make him a top 50 pick, if he wasn’t injured and his injury is not something career threatening.  

And wouldn’t the fact that he doesn’t play, be a good thing for the Jets? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a longer term for your investment. Especially with them sitting a couple years. I’m all for the pick. It’s just what college football and especially these classes that had the Covid year in there eligibility. That these guys are older. Especially at QB with transferring and all.

I like the pick. But obviously I’d like it more if he was 21-22 and he’d be starting perhaps at 23-24. Not 26-27

Maybe for position players but at QB, I think it’s opposite.  If he plays on a second contract with them, they’ve already won with the pick.

Love this pick!

As an FSU fan I can tell  you this kid would have been a 1st rd qb as well if he didnt get injured.  Noles were cheated as an undefeated team that didnt get a shot in the playoffs... Didnt they start the playoffs because TCU was going undefeated in back to back seasons and couldnt get a shot at a chip?  Now the noles do it against better comp and they get shut out.  The reason the committee gave for leaving FSU out was because they said the noles were a different team without Treavor.  Treavor responded that he wished he got injured earlier in the season so his teammates wouldnt have been left out because of him.

So if I’m seeing this correctly, the New York Jets, our favorite professional football team, draft a low round QB with potential and will give him time to develop? And some are still unhappy about this? Is this not something that we have wanted for a really long time, or have I just been gaslit for the last decade?

But in all seriousness, this guy getting hurt was the entire reason FSU was not selected for the CFB playoffs. That’s really all I needed to know to believe he has potential

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Ehhhh

captain Morgan came from FIU

this guy was the leader of an undefeated FSU team like 5 months ago before he got hurt.

I’m not sure this comparison is even remotely reasonable  

It isn't but could consider the source.

12 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Let me ask you ladies something. This guy got his leg broken correct that is his injury a broken leg so am I correct to assume that it’s going to heal like any other broken bone and pretty much be as good as it was before? Am I correct to assume that a broken leg is 100 times better Than a blown out knee or Achilles or something like that 

Yep.pretty much. 

- Teddy Bridgewater 

Love this pick because Travis is a true blue gamer.  Dudes development has been incredible too.  Like, he sucked and just got better and better and better.  He's a huge project simply because Norvell's offense is hard to translate but he is the perfect type of late round development talent the Jets should be taking on the reg.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Love this pick because Travis is a true blue gamer.  Dudes development has been incredible too.  Like, he sucked and just got better and better and better.  He's a huge project simply because Norvell's offense is hard to translate but he is the perfect type of late round development talent the Jets should be taking on the reg.

Gives us a good reason to watch some pre season football. Someone already said he will be fun to watch. I’m in. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Gives us a good reason to watch some pre season football. Someone already said he will be fun to watch. I’m in. 

I dont think he's going to be ready for preseason.  lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1