Pick 171: Jets select FSU QB Jordan Travis

27 minutes ago, fltflo said:

As a Canes fans who hates FSU, our biggest in state rival,and by association Jordan Travis, all I have to say is YES!!!!!
This kid is a Winner and there will be many teams who will hate themselves for passing on him.
He is smart can read defenses, make all the throws, is very mobile. An another thing that you won’t see on tape, like Brady he hates to lose and his force of will is tremendous.
Many may question this pick today, but in two years maybe sooner, he may be the steal of this whole draft.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As a FSU fan I couldn’t have said it better myself - he’s a stud and he’ll get to develop the right way behind one of the GOATS & another solid vet 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, fltflo said:

As a Canes fans who hates FSU, our biggest in state rival,and by association Jordan Travis, all I have to say is YES!!!!!
This kid is a Winner and there will be many teams who will hate themselves for passing on him.
He is smart can read defenses, make all the throws, is very mobile. An another thing that you won’t see on tape, like Brady he hates to lose and his force of will is tremendous.
Many may question this pick today, but in two years maybe sooner, he may be the steal of this whole draft.

Could not have said it better! I've been hoping like hell that the Jets would take him. 

As a die hard FSU fan and an alumni, I can fully agree to everyhting you posted! Guy is so talented and his development in his college career was insane. If not for the injury, he would have went in the late 1st early 2nd. I am so pumped to have this guy! 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Jordan-Travis.jpg

Looking to add a developmental quarterback to their QB room, the Jets have selected Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis.  They landed the signal caller with the 171st pick in a trade up with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Should be a top @nyjets target as a developmental QB. pic.twitter.com/bbKwTiOKzN

— Glenn Naughton (@JNRadio_Glenn) April 19, 2024

Travis is a great runner from under center and does a fantastic job of protecting the football.  Over his past two seasons at Florida State he tossed 44 touchdown passes to just 7 interceptions while completing 64% of his passes.

A late-season ankle injury impacted the quarterback’s draft status and likely dropped in a couple of rounds which the Jets will hope pays off in the future.

With two veteran quarterbacks to learn from in Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor, this could be the first time in years that Gang Green takes the time needed to develop a young quarterback.

The post Jets Snag Potential Future QB in Jordan Travis With Pick 171 appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

Diehard hurricanes fan here as well and I couldn’t agree more. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Why, I would rather have an older QB than a younger one. He has experience.

It’s a longer term for your investment. Especially with them sitting a couple years. I’m all for the pick. It’s just what college football and especially these classes that had the Covid year in there eligibility. That these guys are older. Especially at QB with transferring and all.

I like the pick. But obviously I’d like it more if he was 21-22 and he’d be starting perhaps at 23-24. Not 26-27

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

You guys are so dramatic. A 5th round flyer on a developmental QB for a team that hasn’t drafted a legit franchise QB in forever is a “nightmare” - lol. 

this is why I hate you all so so much 

Exactly 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

The entire QB room is coming off injuries.  We might get the full season playing all three of them combined.  

The Travis pick is a lottery ticket for the future. It has no bearing on this year. It’s the 5th round. You take the guy you like best for the longterm, not the guy who is healthiest right now. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You guys are so dramatic. A 5th round flyer on a developmental QB for a team that hasn’t drafted a legit franchise QB in forever is a “nightmare” - lol. 

this is why I hate you all so so much 

Never take sides against the family

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Could not have said it better! I've been hoping like hell that the Jets would take him. 

As a die hard FSU fan and an alumni, I can fully agree to everyhting you posted! Guy is so talented and his development in his college career was insane. If not for the injury, he would have went in the late 1st early 2nd. I am so pumped to have this guy! 

🙌 

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

JT was 5th in the Heisman Trophy voting after missing the end of the season. Jets got a guy with Day 1 talent and ability in the 5th Round, and there is ZERO pressure for him to get onto the field for at least 1 if not 2 years. He can sit behind 8 and Tyrod for this year, go to #2 next year, and take over in 26 on a team that will be far more set than any young QB has been handed since Sanchez. 

This is the way. 

I’m a huge Jordan Travis fan and very excited that we drafted him. But, Day 1 talent is a bit of a stretch.

Without the injury Travis probably would have went in the 3rd round...2nd highest.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m a huge Jordan Travis fan and very excited that we drafted him. But, Day 1 talent is a bit of a stretch.

Without the injury Travis probably would have went in the 3rd round...2nd highest.

Bo Nix just got drafted in the top 15. Dude is Chad Henne.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Hard to say that after the way this draft unfolded.

Weren't there at least 2 (if not 3) QBs who, after the bowl games were over, were projected as 2nd-3rd round picks and still went in the top 12 overall? Even as recently as a month ago Penix was still projected as a 2nd rounder with some chance of making it to our pick in round 3. Anyway he was more or less a consensus day 2 pick. He went 8th in the country.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Travis pick is a lottery ticket for the future. It has no bearing on this year. It’s the 5th round. You take the guy you like best for the longterm, not the guy who is healthiest right now. 

It’s pretty much what we complain they don’t do, take flyers on qbs rather than draft them 2nd overall. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hard to say that after the way this draft unfolded.

Weren't there at least 2 (if not 3) QBs who, after the bowl games were over, were projected as 2nd-3rd round picks and still went in the top 12 overall? Even as recently as a month ago Penix was still projected as a 2nd rounder with some chance of making it to our pick in round 3. Anyway he was more or less a consensus day 2 pick. He went 8th in the country.

Truth bombs here. I’m basing it off my assumption. 

Jordan doesn’t have the arm talent of the QBs who went in the 1st round this year though. I wouldn’t say he has a weak arm but not a strong one.

I do think arm strength is overrated in comparison to accuracy, anticipation, pocket awareness, and leadership…which my man Jordan has in spades.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Truth bombs here. I’m basing it off my assumption. 

Jordan doesn’t have the arm talent of the QBs who went in the 1st round this year though. I wouldn’t say he has a weak arm but not a strong one.

I do think arm strength is overrated in comparison to accuracy, anticipation, pocket awareness, and leadership…which my man Jordan has in spades.

Just give me a qb who doesn’t do stupid things and can complete an 8 yard slant.