Lewis Cine Backs out of Deal With Jets, now Headed to Bills

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What I read was that he’d be on the PS with the thought he’d be elevated once he learned the playbook. 

So what you’re saying is this is possibly  another one of those situations that seems to only happen to the Jets.

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

so now in the 1st Buffalo game Coddrington will have a walk off kickoff return then in the 2nd Cine a walk off pick 6

Jets kick cover team is near the best in the NFL 

Rodgers really isn’t known for pick 6’s

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

Didn't we release someone though in order to make room for him?  That's kinda messed up.

Not that I know of. He never actually flew in to sign, so there was no need to cut anyone to open up a spot.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Who cares? Dude is a bust. 

Exactly and before everyone goes crazy here (SOJ), lets put things in perspective. He is a PRACTICE SQUAD at best S #5 for the Jets. He might actually get on the field with the Bills, since their starting safeties are in disarray. Who gives a ****. He is terrible. At least watch the guy play, before you start jumping off bridges. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't we release someone though in order to make room for him?  That's kinda messed up.
He was only due to join our practice squad, not the 53.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

A+ thread. He went from an amazing low risk / high reward get of premium talent to a bum who can barely walk in less than 3 pages.

Haha. To be fair, how a guy looks coming out of college (at which time I really liked him) and how he transitioned to the NFL can be very different things. The Jets have a little luck with rehab projects on defense too (such as takk mckinley hopefully). 

Personally, this is a bitter pill for me to swallow, especially with it being buffalo. Hate those goddamn bastards. I was excited about Cine and now I guess I'll have to root against him ... I don't hope he gets hurt though, I just hope he plays like total trash.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL 😂

Did he feel like he was going to "throw up" before boarding a plane for NY?

Who's his agent, Anthony Barr's?  Kirk Cousins'?

What is it with Minnesota players wanting nothing to do with the Jets...

From what little I know about Minneapolis in general, I want nothing to do with anything from there...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

What a bitch

Don't worry he sucks this guy will never see an active roster unless the entire Bills defensive back field gets hurt and in that case its good for us since this guy plays like a total puss now

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m curious to see how our New @JetNation Captain @Pac is going to handle the 1st crisis of the season! Last year it caused @Joe W. Namath to resign in disgrace like he was an Ivy League School President.

Kamala Harris Do Something About It GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

Pac - you're off to a rough start.  I've gotta be honest that I'm starting to get a little bit worried here.  You haven't  even given a press conference or jogged up any stadium stairs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Makes sense for him if he’ll be on there 53.
It's still only a PS spot with Buffalo - at least initially - though I guess he has a better chance to be elevated weekly / permanently so went for the better option.

Can't really blame the guy for it, given his career is pretty much on the line at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk