****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

Who will be the inactive players and practice squad call ups?

With a roster of 53 and a game roster of 48, every team has to have 5 inactive players. more if you promote players from the Practice Squad

We know G/C Wes Schweitzer was put on IR and not replaced and we know LB Zaire Barnes is Out with an injury, so we need 3 more inactives.

A guess might be....

1. RB Israel Abanikanda
  2. DE Eric Watts
  3. DE Braiden McGregor

We might keep McGregor and maybe go with Max Mitchell.  That would still leave us with 8 offensive lineman with Newman as the backup at G and C, Fashanu at OT, and Carter Warren at G/T.  We might also make WR Irvin Charles inactive and promote LB Sam Eguaveon from the PS since we might need some depth at LB and Eguaveon can help with special teams

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

But Rodgers taking the jets to the Super Bowl is a great story in the biggest market.  It should at least be even. 

You watch the giants yesterday in those awful unis, looking like jets teams of the past, and you would think the nfl would help the other ny team to have one competitive one.  The giants regime looks lost and may be the first to go.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm trying a new approach.  The hullabaloo around starting game threads at a precise time has yielded nothing but heartache.

The team has been flying under the radar so I thought our first game thread should as well. 

Do not question my methods. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

You're not the boss of me. 

Just sit tight and let me work my magic.  I know what I'm doing. 

Let's face it - you have no plan! 

THE TIME TO PANIC IS NOW, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The revenge tour is about to begin and @Pac was asleep at the wheel.  Another sweet Captain choice there Tom!

I thought you would know by now but your contempt only increases my powers. 

• Haha 3

I feels like this team believes it has a lot to prove. No way they will be overconfident (other than our QB who is famously calm, cool and confident). These players have had their asses handed to them and been embarrassed in so many games over the past 3 seasons. They want to win and they want to win big. If I was tasked with building the psychological model for a great season, it would be a talented team that was snake bitten for several seasons leading to profound disappointment and a level of underachievement that would lead the best players to double down on doing what it takes to win.  Tonight the Jets show the world that they are about to embark on an historic season. We leave Frisco 1-0 to begin the quest for a SB win.

• Post of the Week 4

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Dereliction of duty is not a strategery 

If you want me to make an omelet I have to break a few eggs.  Reliance on karma rituals has resulted in 14 touchdowns total since 2010.

Lets try something different.  Everything is fluid.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm trying a new approach.  The hullabaloo around starting game threads at a precise time has yielded nothing but heartache.

The team has been flying under the radar so I thought our first game thread should as well. 

i agree. i think it stupid to start a game thread the night before a game. 

unfortunately, nothing can stop anyone from starting a game day thread at 3am Saturday night.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pac said:

This right here is the outside the box leadership we so desperately needed at JetNation. Thank you, Captain.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I feels like this team believes it has a lot to prove. No way they will be overconfident (other than our QB who is famously calm, cool and confident). These players have had there asses handed to them and been in embarrassed in so many games over the past 3 seasons. They want to win and they want to win big. If I was tasked with building the psychological model for a great season, it would be a talented team that was snake bitten for several seasons leading to profound disappointment and a level of underachievement that would lead the best players to double down on doing what it takes to win.  Tonight the Jets show the world that they are about to embark on an historic season. We leave Frisco 1-0 to begin the quest for a SB win.

image.jpeg.865be462a446b684b7b0aada66ab8216.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This right here is the outside the box leadership we so desperately needed at JetNation. Thank you, Captain.

Outside the box thinking or an excuse for failing to do his one job?  

Anyone with teenagers can immediately sniff out the difference. 

• Haha 1

Most excited I’ve been for an opening night game since…..well last year…

Not as excited as the peak of last season when Rodgers ran out with the flag on 9/11, more nervous wondering if we FINALLY get what we’ve been excited for since March 2023. 

It isn’t the end of the world if we lose tonight, and we’re aren’t SB bound quite yet if we win, I just want to finally see what this offense looks like with 8 under center 

Tough test tonight, offense may start out sloppy….if we can hang around till the 4th we can get the upset…I expect the D to keep it close most of the night 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Finally, it’s time to see this ‘on paper’ juggernaut in a real live fire game that counts!
If we’re a possible Super Bowl team, and this roster, and Rodger’s, is all they’ve been advertised to be, there is no reason why we should give the 9’ers everything they can handle tonight and then some.
I, for one, am VERY excited to finally see this team play. We should have every reason for optimism tonight. Go Jets!
Yes ... I don't know who you are ... But YES !!!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just hope we get through it healthy. I’ll be having palpitations anytime a defender is close to AR.

My expectations tonight are low. Possibly the toughest opening game we could have had. If we get battered I expect a lot of overreactions but so long as everyone’s healthy I’ll not mind.

I don’t think this team will he hitting it’s stride until mid-season and there’s going to be growing pains between then. A lot of new pieces and a QB who will most likely be rusty is not a recipe for instant results. 27-7 49ers. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

This is exactly what a Russian chatbot Manchurian candidate would say in its defense. 

• Haha 2

I think the Jets will play ok tonight and be competitive. And with Rodgers the team is a major upgrade and the offense should be consistent and effective. They can win tonight but they're the underdog on the road. IMO while Rodgers is better than Purdy he's still good esp with that team and those playmakers. So tonight SF 23 Jets 20.