Robert Saleh = Awful Coach

6 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Joe Douglas = Awful GM, including hiring Robert Saleh

His hands were tied. Only morons will be interested in A job with a clueless meddling owner who hovers over you constantly. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

I have wondered who could you possibly even hire if you were to make an in-season move... (NOT BELICHEAT) could not think of anyone... THAT I think I would not mind. If this continues something must be done to not waste this year with Rodgers. Coaching is and has been holding this team back

Pete Carroll

Runs the same D

Let Rodgers to continue to run the O

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

image.jpeg.a4362ad61bcd2699719fdffb88feac64.jpegMust I spell it out for you..........

Yup.  Different GMs, different coaching staffs, different players, hell different stadium even, same results.  I think he’s a guy who was incredibly lucky to be born into the family he was born into.  Otherwise, I don’t think he has a clue how to run an NFL team.  Record speaks for itself.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Vader said:

He might be a decent coach but he's not an East Coast coach. I'm sick of his woke ass mantras. I want Belly.

What does this even mean? Haha, there’s complaining and then there’s whatever this is… 🤣

4 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

I have wondered who could you possibly even hire if you were to make an in-season move... (NOT BELICHEAT) could not think of anyone... THAT I think I would not mind. If this continues something must be done to not waste this year with Rodgers. Coaching is and has been holding this team back

The year of Rodgers was wasted the very minute they drafted a backup swing tackle over a guy who can score TDs. 

Like, the plan to fix the O was to sign an old WR coming off an injury and bring in 2 old OTs that forces the need to have a 3rd starting caliber OT on the roster.

Dumb as it gets.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

The year of Rodgers was wasted the very minute they drafted a backup swing tackle over a guy who can score TDs. 

Like, the plan to fix the O was to sign an old WR coming off an injury and bring in 2 old OTs that forces the need to have a 3rd starting caliber OT on the roster.

Dumb as it gets.

They didn’t use the draft picks, they didn’t use mike williams.  It was the breece/garret show and the 9ers knew exactly what the jets were doing every play.  The o was as predictable as ever so the change in qbs was mitigated.  The jets could have done this with zach wilson, if this is how they intend to run the offense.  

I haven't even heard any of Saleh's post-game excuses yet.  I can't imagine how empty they're going be.  He has no more leeway after last night's game.  We're a mostly healthy team with AR8 as our QB.  He has run out of excuses.  He needs to produce wins or else GTF out of town.

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

what are you his mom? Haha 

I just think blaming the coach is always the easy answer.  I'm not saying he's been good, just that blaming him feels like excuse making for everyone else.

Talent is far more important and I think last night the Jets were completely outmanned by a team they, seemingly, modeled themselves after.

I don't think it was scheme or play calling.   They just didn't have the players to compete.

• WTF? 1

I just think blaming the coach is always the easy answer.  I'm not saying he's been good, just that blaming him feels like excuse making for everyone else.
Talent is far more important and I think last night the Jets were completely outmanned by a team they, seemingly, modeled themselves after.
I don't think it was scheme or play calling.   They just didn't have the players to compete.
So you're saying the coaches did not game plan to the players strengths ? That's terrible coaching. Or are you saying that the roster is simply bereft of good players ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Douglas stinks too? But, Rob Saleh as of right now is not a very good Head coach and if we judge him only on his defense last night he should  be fired. On to Sunday 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So you're saying the coaches did not game plan to the players strengths ? That's terrible coaching. Or are you saying that the roster is simply bereft of good players ?

The latter.  I believe talent to be the bigger issue.

1 hour ago, Rochester Jets said:

Yup.  Different GMs, different coaching staffs, different players, hell different stadium even, same results.  I think he’s a guy who was incredibly lucky to be born into the family he was born into.  Otherwise, I don’t think he has a clue how to run anything.  Record speaks for itself.

fixed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BP said:

His hands were tied. Only morons will be interested in A job with a clueless meddling owner who hovers over you constantly. 

Sure is convenient that it's never JD's fault that he sucks at pretty much every part of his job outside of the top of one of five drafts.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Sure is convenient that it's never JD's fault that he sucks at pretty much every part of his job outside of the top of one of five drafts.

It’s a shame these games always come around every year. Outside of those it’s been a good time. 

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Have you seen the roster this year? Forget about hiring Saleh and drafting ZW. Look at the roster on paper.

53 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Have you seen the roster this year? Forget about hiring Saleh and drafting ZW. Look at the roster on paper.

That's the same narrative that's been repeated around here for a few years now and still yet to be proven true. The defense is an inarguably worse roster and the offense once again heavily dependent on other teams' past-their-prime castoffs having a sudden career resurgence.

At this point it's all identical to the Maccagnan / Bowles situation in 2018.

• WTF? 1

The latter.  I believe talent to be the bigger issue.
Interesting.. will be fun seeing who is more culpable or responsible for the failure (or success for that matter). JD or Saleh ... It doesn't really matter because if one goes ... They all go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Rex won 8 games with Geno Smith throwing to Clyde Gates and Greg Salas.   If we gave AR8 to Rex he wins 12 games every year, for his bluster Rex was good at Defense and identity.   What is Saleh good at, other than golf and silly sayings?    He's not even a hype man like Herm, he's a poseur trying to imitate a HC.   

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

That's the same narrative that's been repeated around here for a few years now and still yet to be proven true. The defense is an inarguably worse roster and the offense once again heavily dependent on other teams' past-their-prime castoffs having a sudden career resurgence.

At this point it's all identical to the Maccagnan / Bowles situation in 2018.

The roster, especially on offense, matters far less if you don’t use the people you acquire.  Where was mike Williams?  Where was Corley and his yac?  Where were the TEs on quick outs?  They barely used Braylon allen.  So who cares what the roster looks like if you’re only using breece, wilson and Lazard.

17 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Poor Saleh, he is just a fantastic coach who doesn’t have a great d line and a HOF qb.

oh wait…..

I'm not saying Saleh has been good - he hasn't.  But we can't just blame him.  Do you believe a different coach would be winning SB's with this roster.

I think the way this team has been managed by Douglas is the bigger problem.  

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh is good at beating the Patriots in a completely meaningless game and then crowing about how we're "1-0 in 2024".

And now we are 1-1 

this so called coach and this whatever Hackett need to go TODAY

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not saying Saleh has been good - he hasn't.  But we can't just blame him.  Do you believe a different coach would be winning SB's with this roster.

I think the way this team has been managed by Douglas is the bigger problem.  

A different coaching staff probably would have gameplanned better on both sides of the ball.