Fill in the blank: “I knew the Jets were gonna lose today when ______”

These 2 plays in combination:

1) Quincy getting “tackled” on the INT return by Sam freaking Darnold instead of what looked like a relatively easy fumble 6

2) Van Ginkel pick 6

Jet fan fatalism sets in

14 pt swing

Game over

Too much of a hole to dig out of…

p.s. when was the last time the Jets scored a defensive TD?  Bryce Hall fumble 6 in Denver?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, I knew you were old, but gott dayum!

If you could go back in time to the origins of life on Earth and stop it from happening, would you do it to prevent Woody Johnson from ever being born?

It’s basically the Jets version of the „if you have a Time Machine would you go back to kill Hitler” thought experiment.

• Haha 3

It’s not always accurate obviously but I’m a big believer in the first 3 plays showing you if the team has juice and is ready. Special teams are tasked with setting the tone. The kickoff return was mid with low energy. Basically 1 play. 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s not always accurate obviously but I’m a big believer in the first 3 plays showing you if the team has juice and is ready. Special teams are tasked with setting the tone. The kickoff return was mid with low energy. Basically 1 play. 

Saleh’s Jets have juice… that inch of mystery liquid at the bottom of a multiplex trash can.

• Haha 4

When the oline was outmatched during the first few pass attempts of the game. They're not a very good unit right now and it's hurting everything on offense. 

Oline was outmatched in San Francisco, and against the titans and broncos at home. This team could easily be 1-4.

16 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

I know i'm definitely biased, but tell me how if those were pis, how Gilmore on Williams was not? Am I missing something?

Don’t drive yourself crazy thinking about this. We got the softest penalties on us and that one they don’t call lol

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Don’t drive yourself crazy thinking about this. We got the softest penalties on us and that one they don’t call lol

Maybe one day at a press conference, Saleh can go through each penalty and show the contrast in calls, if the coaches deemed it that egregious.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I honestly didn't.  I thought Rodgers might pull it out at the end.

Fool me one thousand eight hundred and forty-two times, shame on me....

I did, too :(

However, I knew hope was lost when, the last drive, Rodgers overthrew Wilson streaking down the right sideline on the broken play. That was THE chance. I knew we weren't scoring after that. 

That play would be my serious answer to this question. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I thought that was the right call.  I liked being aggressive there.

i would have took the FG.

but the real problem is if your going to go for it dont call a run play. which BTW hasnt worked for us all year. let Rodgers do one of those quick 5 yd passes.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

These 2 plays in combination:

1) Quincy getting “tackled” on the INT return by Sam freaking Darnold instead of what looked like a relatively easy fumble 6

2) Van Ginkel pick 6

Jet fan fatalism sets in

14 pt swing

Game over

Too much of a hole to dig out of…

p.s. when was the last time the Jets scored a defensive TD?  Bryce Hall fumble 6 in Denver?

When Hackett showed up