Hughes “ownership sets the budget” on potential Adams deal

• Matt39 changed the title to Hughes “ownership sets the budget” do not expect an Adams to Jets deal

Connor is not saying what the title suggests though. 

Key point in here is that the Raiders do not want to take on any of the money left on Adams’ contract. Jets had a tighter budget this offseason — understandable. You don’t want someone to spend recklessly, then next regime saddle with those deals. Very curious how this plays out.

He is definitely drawing a box around the facts of the spending this year and how they handled it. Seems he's not expecting the purse to open, but doesn't know. 

I think Aaron Rodgers pay cut has to be a big part of the internal discussion if it's a money issue.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He is definitely drawing a box around the facts of the spending this year and how they handled it. Seems he's not expecting the purse to open, but doesn't know. 

I think Aaron Rodgers pay cut has to be a big part of the internal discussion if it's a money issue.

He kind of seems to be setting the stage for the letdown, but will change the title. 

• Matt39 changed the title to Hughes “ownership sets the budget” on potential Adams deal
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Does it matter? The Jets can have prime Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson and this coaching staff will still be ******* clueless. 

I am 100% positive had we drafted Mahomes instead of Jamal Adams that year, he would be on a different team by now. 

This coaching staff is inept. They’re awful teachers. They do NOT coach. There’s zero leadership. 

Blame the coaches all you want, that’s exactly what Woody wants.  Why? Because Saleh will be fired and replaced with another inept clown who will be fired 3 years after that meanwhile you are still buying PSL’s and $19 beers at MetLife

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Another packers castoff and a WR in his 30s who has been pouting and borderline malcontent in his current team is definitely the thing that will turn around this teams fortunes.

We should definitely give up more assets on this failing arod experience.

Fun fact, the Raiders offense gets more yards per game than the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

If the Jets have any serious interest in Adams, NOW is the time to get him.  Don't wait 5 more weeks when the season likely could be totally in the toilet.

Bingo…if the trade happened today he would barely play any snaps against Buffalo as is.

Get him in asap or risk throwing away the season

• Upvote 1

• Davante Adams has a $17.3mm salary.  About $5mm has already been spent.  He basically costs the Jets $1mm per game.  His salary next year is like $35mm, which the Jets are not paying.  So unless he agrees to restructure, he is a 12 game rental (as of today)  
  • Hassan Reddick costs a bit less per game, call it $840K/game.   I do believe that the Jets could unload Reddick and bring in Adams for a bit more money.  Key is to wait until the Eagles can't earn a second round draft pick.  The Jets lose their comp pick they would have gotten if Reddick signs somewhere else.  
  • AR8 basically plays next year for a $35mm option bonus, which would be spread over 5 seasons (VOID Years).  The ultimate in credit card cap management.   If the Jets cut him next season pre-June 1, they eat his already paid signing bonus, a $49mm cap hit.  So basically AR8 would have to agree to play next year for much less than $35mm.  
  • If Woody is thinking that JD and Saleh are cooked and they are looking ahead to the future (which he should be), he stops the bleeding, does not give up $ or draft picks for Adams, saves the money on Reddick, and basically let's him play a few games so he can get a comp pick.
  • What Jets management does here is really a reflection of how they are viewing this entire team, coaches and players.  From where I sit, it does not look good.  
  • Upvote 1

I want no part of this fossil. My plan which I posted was to draft Brian Thomas.

BT is the leading rookie receiver in  NFL, 6th over all. He is averaging 18 yds a catch.

A much better player than Garrett Wilson who averages 8.8 and has more than his

share of the drops.  Thomas is 6'3'' 210, ran a 4.33 , vertical jumprd 38 1/2'' runs

great routes. Adams, Harrison, Neighbors and Odunze can kiss his beautiful black a**

JD straight up said he was on a budget earlier in the year, I think during free agency.

You think JD and Saleh weren't inclined to just give Reddick what he wanted ?

This is why "fire everyone" won't fix anything

I don't think you could get the coach from Western Connecticut State to come here next year.

This place has become the Siberia of the football world

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Another packers castoff and a WR in his 30s who has been pouting and borderline malcontent in his current team is definitely the thing that will turn around this teams fortunes.

We should definitely give up more assets on this failing arod experience.

Fun fact, the Raiders offense gets more yards per game than the Jets.

Im A Celeb GIF by RuthieHenshall

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rodgers certainly has earned the pay cut.  

• Haha 3

a budget has already been set by the salary cap rules.  is there any reason why woody wouldn't want to spend to the limit?  they are required to spend to the lower limit.  but the big question is would adams make a whole lot of sense considering the oline can't run or pass block?  for adams to be successful rodgers needs more than 2.5 seconds to make a throw and he's barely getting that.

20 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

I want no part of this fossil. My plan which I posted was to draft Brian Thomas.

BT is the leading rookie receiver in  NFL, 6th over all. He is averaging 18 yds a catch.

A much better player than Garrett Wilson who averages 8.8 and has more than his

share of the drops.  Thomas is 6'3'' 210, ran a 4.33 , vertical jumprd 38 1/2'' runs

great routes. Adams, Harrison, Neighbors and Odunze can kiss his beautiful black a**

So 5 games into his career, Brian Thomas is already better than G Wilson?? 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just add a little extra draft capital to get the Raiders to eat some of the money.  Simple....

Well that all depends on what the Jets require to do this deal. If the Raiders dont want to spend the money we give them much less in draft capital and if they want draft capital then they gonna have to spend more money. They can't have both and no one will give them both.  GM's can get creative here and I'm sure Joe knows exatly what has to get done in our favor. Bottom line is we get Adams. Williams and Wilson  once they get on the same page with Rodgers will be lethal. Adams will step right in and play since he is so familiar with Rodgers and he can be the go to guy while the other 2 figure it out. It seems Wilson with 13 catches yesterday is heading in the right direction Lazard is still dropping balls and in its simplest form just cant make a tough catch. Williams is a guy IMO Rodgers needs to adjust too **** this back shoulder sh*t that happened near the endzone and start hitting him at the high point he's 6=5 for christs sake that one was on Rodgers and he knows it and admitted as such so at least we know hes not dilusional

5 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

So 5 games into his career, Brian Thomas is already better than G Wilson?? 

Yes, absolutely! There was a early this season post on his drop rate. I didn't

want to respond to it, but on a high  number  of balls Wilson goes

up makes a great effort going after the ball but does not come down with it.

Thomas's LSU receiver coach said  BT is so smart you tell him once, he does it

right the next time and you never have to tell him again.  Steve Smith

called the 4.33, 38 1/2'' Brian Thomas a great route runner

5 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Yes, absolutely! There was a early this season post on his drop rate. I didn't

want to respond to it, but on a high  number  of balls Wilson goes

up makes a great effort going after the ball but does not come down with it.

Thomas's LSU receiver coach said  BT is so smart you tell him once, he does it

right the next time and you never have to tell him again.  Steve Smith

called the 4.33, 38 1/2'' Brian Thomas a great route runner

I was a big Thomas fan in the draft.  If we traded down into 15-20 area I was hoping for him.  He’s had a tremendous start to his career but Wilson still gets the nod for me based on longevity.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans - JD you suck!! Get Adams!!

When the Jets get Adams and it doesnt help - Fire Joe D.  Why did he sign this bum?

Jet fans............................

Haven’t you figured it out yet?

EVERY move the Jets make is the WRONG move.  This has been going on for 4 DECADES practically straight now, with tiny respites in between.

They really should try a “George Costanza Opposite” strategy, but the minute they try that it will Reverse on them.

Adams at WR will barely move the needle, not that they’ll do anything incredible with their draft capital anyway if they gave some up.

Almost time to roll this franchise up, move it to Canada and salt the earth in NJ where they try to play.