SALEH FIRED

firing Saleh and keeping Hackett is the dumbest, funniest possible outcome and thus has been fated since the second Rodgers went on that tv show. If Ulbrich is allowed to make changes to the offensive coaching staff, I'll be interested. If not... good riddance but it's all just deck chairs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Holluk said:

Was at the game in London i was shocked at how disinterested Saleh looked on the line 

Saleh's lack of emotion on the sideline has been one my biggest pet peeves with him.

I remembered how fired up he always seemed as a DC with the 49er's and expected the same out of him as our HC.

I believe that when players see their HC fired up, they feed off of that emotion.

That sideline emotion has been non-existent for most of Saleh's tenure here.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:
Just talked to Robert Saleh who said was blindsided by Woody Johnson walking to his office and letting him go. Certainly disappointed he wasn’t going to be given the opportunity to get things going with what he said is a very good roster

Saleh might have been the only person not to see this coming.

For a golfer, he really isn't good at keeping his eye on the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

Through five games, Ulbrich has led a defensive unit that ranks No. 1 in yards/play (4.26) and No. 2 in yards allowed/game (255.8). Despite losing edge Jermaine Johnson to an Achilles injury in Week 2, the Jets have racked up 18 sacks, their most after five games since 2008.

"He is a tough coach who has the respect of the coaches and players on this team," said Ambassador Johnson of Ulbrich. "I believe he along with the coaches on this staff can get the most out of our talented team and attain the goals we established this offseason."

Ulbrich, in his fourth season as defensive coordinator, led his unit to a No. 3 overall (292.3) finish in 2023 and a No. 4 finish in 2022.\

I didnt realize they were performing so well.  With Woody's ties to England, I am not surprised the embarrassment was too much for him.

Great job Woody!  Needed to happen and now let Rodgers and Hackett either make the offense go or they get the rope to hang themselves with and a full clean out at the end of the season...

Definitely no accident that woody used the words “talented team”.   Saleh wasn’t getting anything out the talent that was (still is) here.  He got himself an extra season by scapegoating a young QB but he can’t hide behind that excuse anymore. He can’t win with a HOF QB either. And the best players on both sides of the ball just called him out on lack of accountability the past 2 weeks.

Nice guy but absolutely deserving of the firing 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His D looks not much like a dan quinn D, his D looks like a saleh D, bring 4 very low blitzing.

Quinn is way more versatile...but they all started in the Seattle Cover 3 or Cover 2 press and bail.  That said, he's run more man and heavy blitzes as of late.  Interesting to see how Ulbrich changes if at all w/out Saleh's influence.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:
Just talked to Robert Saleh who said was blindsided by Woody Johnson walking to his office and letting him go. Certainly disappointed he wasn’t going to be given the opportunity to get things going with what he said is a very good roster

If it was a good roster and he wasn’t winning and he was 19-36 then why was he surprised?  He is so clueless.  

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the offense can change even if Hackett stays.  I hope he doesn’t, but game planning, aggressiveness, run/pass distribution and philosophy are all things that can and should be HC and Offensive staff group discussions and decisions.

Despite his mantras, Saleh is one of the most vanilla/conservative coaches we’ve had here.

And when he does get aggressive, it's typically the wrong time or situation, like down 10 in London and not cutting it to a one score game with a FG. Just stupid to not take points like that on the road, especially when the run game wasn't working, and particularly when you trade for Aaron Rodgers. Just defies logic.

Good riddance.

• Upvote 2

I have no idea what has happened to Breece Hall this season but I hope Ulbirch decides to start Allen over him for Buffalo. Ulbirch could use Hall for play-action & short passes where he has been more effective than running the ball right up the middle (like we usually have him do). Hall is currently averaging 3.0 yds per carry compared to Allen's 4.5 yds. Hall is also ranked 34 in rushing . . . and there are only 32 teams!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If it was a good roster and he wasn’t winning and he was 19-36 then why was he surprised?  He is so clueless.  

He didn't know they were allowed to fire you during the nothing part of football.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

first coach ever fired during the season under Woody Johnson's ownership. 

what a glorious day!

coach slogans is canned and rightly so

for all his bs he should have been fired a season ago

how do Jets fans keep saying that he is such a nice guy.......that nice guy was a snake oil salesman who kept your team losing over and over, never had a team prepared, never outsmarted ANY opponent, and even he is fired today, he was already checked out and did not care to win, he is happy now to get paid NOT TO COACH

• Upvote 1