Jeff Ulbrich confirmed new HC

Just now, BreeceHallofFame said:

He fires Hackett or hired a new OC after the season. Ulbrich is a GREAT get as HC 

I think Hackett would've been fired before Saleh if we were firing both.
Don't have the balls to fire Rodgers' boy. Saleh wasn't Rodgers boy

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Hackett would've been fired before Saleh if we were firing both.
Don't have the balls to fire Rodgers' boy. Saleh wasn't Rodgers boy

Rodgers may be gone after this yr, as well as Joe Douglas. Rodgers staying or leaving may not be up to him if he doesn’t start playing better. 

• Upvote 2

This is the right call.  Ulbrich was pegged as a future HC at some point so might as well see what he can do.  Just from watching HK it seems like even the offensive guys like him.  If this is enough to change the culture and spark something with this team, it's still early enough where they can actually salvage the season. 

• Upvote 3

History says an interim coach may give a motivation bump for a game or two where the team may win, but doesn't lasts all season.

I hope with the talent on this team, this is different.

Edit:  But something had to be done, cause this team is playing way below their talent level.

• Upvote 1

I hope this helps player discipline. But to be frank, I'm not optimistic this will actually do anything to turn the team around.

The loss last week was squarely on Rodgers poor play. The week before was arguably on him and Hackett (as play calling, which they both control, was the issue aside discipline). Sure, a few individuals like Lazard have been an issue, but by and large this offense doesn't look fixable and our DC isn't fixing that with a promotion...

If anything, I'm disappointed that this will probably mean we don't keep Ulbrich when Rodgers inevitably fails this team and we have to enter a rebuild. I was hoping it would be only a partial (offensive) rebuild...

Not surprising, Ulrich seemed the most likely candidate unless they wanted to be able to stick with him focusing solely on the defensive side, in which case you could have made an argument for someone like Boyer.

Of course, going with another defensive HC doesn't give JD any excuses if the offense continues to be a total failure on his watch, considering this decision was once again his.

Another positive spin to this is that Woody isn't cheaping out this season.  There was a lot of rumors going around that Woody didn't really want to spend money and that could cost us someone like Davantae Adams and even the whole Reddick saga.  But to fire a coach mid season and eat that salary proves he's all in.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Hackett keeps OC title and bring in someone else as quality control or "consultant" to call the plays and tweak the Offense to be more creative.

Is Gase still working with Oakland?  He sucks, but he was pretty ******* good at scripting the start of games.  Probably just got out from under his contract though.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well when JD is fired I will say that. Only half of the job is done. He’s needed through the trade deadline then they can dump him. 

Here is the thing. This team has a ton of talent and that is why we are all so angry at this point. Remember where the roster was before JD?

• Post of the Week 1