**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

All in all, I did like the game plans, especially on offense.  There was creativity, but there was a serious lack of execution.

Obviously the Hail Mary is a fluke play.

The holding call on Allen's TD.

The Breece Hall long run that should be a house call 10 out of 10 times.

Rodgers seemed to be accurate, but I felt he missed some reads.  Namely Breece Hall standing all alone while he did complete a pass to Lazard for a first down. (No one around Hall)

I felt there was some disconnect with Rodgers on more than one play.

However, the offensive play calling was much better.

Jmo

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t link to the video, but it’s Rex on the Manningcast warning the Jets that Allen was 100% going to run it for a solid two solid minutes before Allen runs it to end the game. 

IMG_5683.jpeg

Anyone whos watched a bills game knew that was coming.  Rex is no svengali.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

That's what I mean.

You have to wonder if this is not what part of the problem is with certain markets.  Rabid fan base.  Relentless media pressure.  Constant losing, circus-like environment.  BAD coaching.  You can bring in all the best talent you can find, but if they can't gel and can't win, this is the result you get. 

We keep installing DCs with no head coaching experience and then kneecap them by not allowing them to build the culture they want.

Something that I feel has gone unsaid here - Tyron Smith has been so horrible. We might need to play Fashanu.

I think he's allowed 5-6 sacks already? As well as a number of penalties, among the most on the team. Including the hold (dumb as the call was) that ruined the game winning TD today. I wasn't counting on him playing poorly but he seems one of many veteran signings that isn't pulling their weight this year... He needs to be held accountable and possibly benched as bad as anyone

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Refs sucked but we beat ourselves tonight regardless. 

I don't care if there's 30mph wind gusts, true NFL kickers don't miss from 30-40 yards out. 

Refs ruined the game, both sides got it bad. That’s what I was getting at.

The jets jetted. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you really think that a running Rodgers is the difference in this game? How does a running Rodgers make players hold on to balls that hit their chest and hands?

Pure pocket passers don't really work in today's game any longer unless they can make up for it by being awesome in other ways.  Rodgers is supposed to make up for that by having superior timing and accuracy with his receivers.  At 40 and clearly not on the same page with his receivers....still, in Week 6....his skillset isn't enough.

• Upvote 1

Just now, batman10023 said:

What did he do wrong?   I thought he called a pretty good game for his first one

He didn’t do anything wrong. His decision to take the timeouts while the Bills were in the red zone allowed for the Hail Mary to happen. Saleh wouldn’t have done that.

I’m not critiquing this game, I’m just saying that getting this team ready for every situation is the attention to detail that Saleh lacked. Ulbrich has to avoid those pitfalls and show he can win in those small margins. The only negative example I have in this game is getting dumbass Clemons off the field on a third down where Allen might run the ball. 

5 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

He under threw that on purpose, it was going to open space.

It shows once again he and Williams are not on the same page. Williams twisted himself into a pretzel trying to figure out how to go after that ball, allowing the defender to go right past him.

Stop, you're screwing with his narrative. Don't worry though, he's going to be a big Premier League fan now. It'll take him 10 yrs to understand the offsides rule but he's going to try really hard to learn. Just like American football. 

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rodgers is washed up he’s part of the problem

I’ve been killing him but I thought he played well tonight.  Hall not finishing the run for a TD and the LT played like their heads were up their asses.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Something that I feel has gone unsaid here - Tyron Smith has been so horrible. We might need to play Fashanu.

I think he's allowed 5-6 sacks already? As well as a number of penalties, among the most on the team. Including the hold (dumb as the call was) that ruined the game winning TD today. I wasn't counting on him playing poorly but he seems one of many veteran signings that isn't pulling their weight this year... He needs to be held accountable and possibly benched as bad as anyone

He’s washed up that’s why Dallas let him go. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Beat on a simple assignment football play.  That’s as Jets as it gets.  

I said I’d come back when Saleh got fired but unfortunately I’m done for good on this board after tonight.  Just not a fun use of time anymore interacting about the Woody Johnson Jets.

Lots of good people here, too many to name.   Godspeed folks.

image.gif.6edd02bba14ee6e87c007fb3cc3b03ab.gif

7 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

It's all the same people minus Saleh.

A lot of the time a coaching change provides an instant spark. Do you really think additional time is going to heal the issues that've been present with this whole staff all along? Saleh wasn't the only coach... These are still his people, and this is still the same ownership that's been a cultural disaster all along

The issues are cultural, so yes. The right leader will change the culture, but it doesn’t happen instantly.

Ulbrich’s post-game presser was important, he used the phrases, “not good enough” over and over. Step 1 is acknowledging that instead of giving everyone excuses. I’m optimistic, a little. Do I think we make a run? Probably not, but it’ll be nice to see if we can function like a professional sports organization for a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

You mean JD's utterly baffling crusade to keep getting tackles who are old, injured and retiring isn't working.. yet again?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I said f**k off.

I'm sorry you're upset. Your mommy will tuck you in soon buddy. Go get a warm bottle of milk, put your depends on and cuddle up with your teddy bear. It'll be alright.