Reddick Hires Drew Rosenhaus

https://nypost.com/2024/10/14/sports/jets-haason-reddick-hires-drew-rosenhaus-in-quest-for-payday/

Haason Reddick is turning to the NFL’s most prolific agent to try to get his payday from the Jets.

After being dumped by CAA amid his extended contract holdout, Reddick has hired Drew Rosenhaus as his new representative, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Ryan Matha, who works for Rosenhaus’ agency, will also represent the 30-year-old pass rusher.

Haason Reddick has been a Jets holdout all season. Haason Reddick has been a Jets holdout all season.USA TODAY Sports Drew Rosenhaus is Haason Reddick's new agent. Drew Rosenhaus is Haason Reddick’s new agent.Jasen Vinlove-Imagn Images

“We look forward to working with the Jets to get this resolved as soon as possible,” Rosenhaus told Schefter. “Haason would like to be a New York Jet for years to come and our goal is to make that happen.”

Rosenhaus and Matha will attend the Jets’ “Monday Night Football” clash against the Bills.

The Jets acquired Reddick from the Eagles during the offseason but the two sides have not been able to reach a contract agreement, and Reddick requested a trade in August.

He was due to make $14.25 million in the final year of his contract this season but has cost himself $9 million between fines for missing training camp and mandatory minicamp, along with missed game checks.

• Haha 2

You can tell this isn’t going anywhere by him saying for years to come. Which I think we have 0 interest in. Probably up his 14mill he was set to make (which is obviously less now). And that was it. But fully guaranteeing it.

But now his new agent can at least just straight up tell him. That’s the best you’re gonna get after missing this much time.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Might be something of an impasse, as the Jets are only really interested in having him for the remainder of the season. 

JD wants him to show up.  That's all, just show up.  If he can't do that, it will be difficult to make a deal.  I'm sure JD will offer Rosenhous the same deal that he agreed to with Reddick's last representative, but other than that, I don't see it happening.

Isn’t Drew the one who dropped AB after he went completely off the rails?

🤷‍♂️😅

How are they gonna commit future guarantees to HR and keep GW, JJ, Sauce, AVT, etc?

Do they let Breece walk?

I would actually extend Breece right now if I could on a “buy the dip” type of scenario rather than waiting for him to set the world on fire 🔥 with better line play and ending up having to pay much more.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

Drew is going to start blackmailing the Jets with the old "I'll tell all my clients to avoid coming to the Jets" which they already know 

It won't work this time.  The two sides are too dug in for that ploy to be effective.  Reddick needs to listen to Rosenhaus.  He will tell Reddick to show up, and Rosenhaus should get the best deal he could for the remainder of this year. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

It won't work this time.  The two sides are too dug in for that ploy to be effective.  Reddick needs to listen to Rosenhaus.  He will tell Reddick to show up, and Rosenhaus should get the best deal he could for the remainder of this year. 

If I'm the Jets FO, I wouldn't consider any other deal except he comes in and plays on his current contract.

Any other way this plays out, it sets a bad precedent going forward.  For both the Jets and the league.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Might be something of an impasse, as the Jets are only really interested in having him for the remainder of the season. 

Everyone is treating reddick like a jerk (and he certainly is) but the bottom line here is that the Jets are asking this player to risk his health without any long term money 

And That's fine if you're no one... Like the chazz surrats of the league. Reddick is a ten snack guy worth apparently a third Rd pick on the free market, he has the right to want longer term money 

So did Huff really 

The problem here is that the Jets traded for this dude and then made it into some labor vs capital thing as woody is want to do 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Any other way this plays out, it sets a bad precedent going forward.  For both the Jets and the league.

It's also a bad precident for ten sack a year pass rushers to get rolled by a clown like Joe Douglas 

If Reddick can change the Jets chances in anyway that player by definition should have a multi year deal 

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

DJR is literally PFF’s #1 graded cover corner right now and the Jets have left him twisting in the wind in his walk year.

If it makes you feel any better Joe Douglas will be fired before the team has to make a decision on dj Reed 

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Everyone is treating reddick like a jerk (and he certainly is) but the bottom line here is that the Jets are asking this player to risk his health without any long term money 

I think everyone understands this.

But the tactic that always made sense for Reddick was a “hold in” where he’s there but not risking injury by practicing.

Douglas has maintained he was willing to play ball with Reddick and his agent but that Reddick had to physically show up to the facility as an act of good faith first.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D effectively resigned once Rodgers went over his head and had Saleh fired.

He is just a figurehead at this point until he leaves in January.

So the real question is, who is negotiating w/ Rosenhaus at this point?

If the Jets win the division, Douglas will receive an extension and a reprieve on whiffing on Saleh.

Even if they back in with a wild card berth, I think Woody offers to keep him around.

It’s even possible Douglas finds a better offer somewhere else and bolts.

He can point to the talent and try to sell it to other owners that ultimately it was the head coach who failed the organization.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So what?

Welcome to the NFL.

Players do this every day and Reddick isn't any kind of special case, or exception.

Why you seem to think he is, is an absolute mystery.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, peebag said:

If I'm the Jets FO, I wouldn't consider any other deal except he comes in and plays on his current contract.

The Jets and the league are protected by the salary cap.  Overpaying a player has no impact on the team or the league when it comes to revenue.  It's just rearanging the chairs.  

• WTF? 1

This may be the ladder that Reddick needs to climb down from his previous stance. He can realise he over-played his hand, accept a compromise deal, and make it look like the previous agent was at least partly to blame. Get this season finished then look for a new team next year.

17 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If the Jets win the division, Douglas will receive an extension and a reprieve on whiffing on Saleh.

Even if they back in with a wild card berth, I think Woody offers to keep him around.

He can point to the talent and try to sell it to other owners that ultimately it was the head coach who failed the organization.

I think Joe will go sign with a team whose owner isn’t an impulsive, incompetent fool.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, peebag said:

lol...this keeps getting better and better

Rosenhaus is probably the only agent who would take him on.

One thing for certain, Rosenhaus loves talking through the media, so we'll be hearing a lot more about this now, whether we want to or not.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe D is done w/ the Jets.  Hes not even the acting GM anymore.  He will officially leave right after the season.

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Reddick is a ten snack guy worth apparently a third Rd pick on the free market, he has the right to want longer term money 

He was traded for a third rounder two years out, or the equivalent of a fifth round pick. He has the right to want whatever the **** he wants, but the Jets also have the right not to give it to him. Reddick chose not to deal in reality. If he had showed up and balled out, there’s probably a decent possibility that the Jets would’ve considered extending him. Now he’s just created a pool of bad blood, apparently having turned down a generous one year deal. Why would you want to guarantee this player any money in the future? He’s already clearly demonstrated that he feels no obligation to abide by the terms of his contract. 

Reddick’s best move was always to show up, play well, and score in free agency next year. Maybe hold in to squeeze some extra money out of them, money they were willing to give. Now he’s lost money he’ll never get back, and there are probably a number of teams that will not even consider him after this. 

• Upvote 2
  • En Fuego 2

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

You're not wrong....

If jd is involved I feel better because he will stick to his offer

if woody goes rogue which is very possible - then open season

woody might be feeling his onions a bit and want to show he is going to right this

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

So what?

Welcome to the NFL.

Players do this every day and Reddick isn't any kind of special case, or exception.

Why you seem to think he is, is an absolute mystery.

because Reddick was worth a draft pick in a trade (most players aren't) he's a special case in that he gets at least a 2 year deal or something 

to ask this guy to play out his deal or just take a 1 year deal is kind of an insult 

and yes i know Reddick is not a nice human being. I didn't trade for him. The Jets did

not unlike how Joe Douglas drafted Elijah Moore and everyone was surprised when he showed up and was a complete POS