**** OFFICIAL AROD/DAVANTE BACK TOGETHER -- STEELERS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

With the cap situation next season we’re basically going to be a lesser version of this roster, so 2025 is a miss, 2026 start a rebuild; ….this team is never making the playoffs. 

And the Jets will continue to raise ticket prices 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t think Vrabel would accept this job even if offered

Sell the team, please 

Time for Woody to accept the best he is ever going to do is Rex and give him a lifetime contract

• Haha 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Say what you want about Belicheck but his cocktail napkin resignation foreshadowed the Woody Johnson owned Jets.

Spot on. That’s why Parcells and groh left too. Only morons would accept this job. The list goes on and on since groh

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Basically stopped completing passes with two minutes left in the first half. After that, he was an abomination and the rest of the team just followed suit.

This is right. The defense did their thing and gave the offense chances. Rodgers proceeded to collapse. The defense went down 4 starters and a backup. And the offense responded by setting up a 1 yard TD and a blocked FG. 

Rodgers and Wilson were net negatives.

• Upvote 2

Credit to the Steelers, they really outplayed us.  That first int was a thing of beauty, and the db really suckered AR8 into making the wrong read.  Their special teams..  Another thing of beauty.

End of the day, we had our chances, but the NFL is brutal business and it just got away from us.  We didn’t make good halftime adjustements, got a bunch of stupid penalties again and well thats all she wrote.  

I don’t really agree with some of this boards sentiment, and I think we are a better team than we’ve shown, but right now our window is closing really fast.  We are pretty much at make or break during the next few weeks.  If we break, the consequences will be pretty grim.

The players have basically said “I am not going out there and busting my tail if we have this old spoiled fart running the team.”

The Jets will get better and will win enough games to draft higher than we want to but still not make the playoffs.

How many teams have ever made the playoffs after starting 2-5?

• Upvote 1

Mets and Yankees were relevant later in the year than the Jets. NY Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey are all back.

As a Jet fan, every other team in NY is more worth your time and love right now. This is a fundamentally broken franchise that does nothing for its fans.

Jets go 2-7, it’s time to sell and I mean sell as much as possible for ammo to move up for the QB.  No way this team rattles off 8 out of 9 to get to the playoffs.  Give Ben Johnson what ever he wants, draft your QB of the future, and tell Woody to get out the way.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hael said:

Credit to the Steelers, they really outplayed us.  That first int was a thing of beauty, and the db really suckered AR8 into making the wrong read.  Their special teams..  Another thing of beauty.

End of the day, we had our chances, but the NFL is brutal business and it just got away from us.  We didn’t make good halftime adjustements, got a bunch of stupid penalties again and well thats all she wrote.  

I don’t really agree with some of this boards sentiment, and I think we are a better team than we’ve shown, but right now our window is closing really fast.  We are pretty much at make or break during the next few weeks.  If we break, the consequences will be pretty grim.

The window is closed, and it's being boarded up as we speak. The chances of making the playoffs at 2-5 are miniscule at best.

1 minute ago, DoubleDecker said:

Jets go 2-7, it’s time to sell and I mean sell as much as possible for ammo to move up for the QB.  No way this team rattles off 8 out of 9 to get to the playoffs.  Give Ben Johnson what ever he wants, draft your QB of the future, and tell Woody to get out the way.

Ben Johnson will have his choice of jobs. Ain't no way he's coming to the Jets when the Jets have no quarterback of the future, no cap space and a bunch of has-beens and never-weres on the roster.

Edited - the Jets are currently 2-5, and the trade deadline is Halloween, if I'm not mistaken. If the Jets want to go down the path of selling off players to raise draft picks, they're going to have to get going quick-smart. This isn't the MLB when teams can flog off players for prospects. Woody would have egg on his face for having orchestrated the Davante Adams trade only over the weekend to then reverse course and trade a bunch of players for picks a few days later.

• Upvote 2