**** OFFICIAL AROD/DAVANTE BACK TOGETHER -- STEELERS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

3 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Jets go 2-7, it’s time to sell and I mean sell as much as possible for ammo to move up for the QB.  No way this team rattles off 8 out of 9 to get to the playoffs.  Give Ben Johnson what ever he wants, draft your QB of the future, and tell Woody to get out the way.

Cam Ward would heal us

1 minute ago, Hael said:

Credit to the Steelers, they really outplayed us.  That first int was a thing of beauty, and the db really suckered AR8 into making the wrong read.  Their special teams..  Another thing of beauty.

End of the day, we had our chances, but the NFL is brutal business and it just got away from us.  We didn’t make good halftime adjustements, got a bunch of stupid penalties again and well thats all she wrote.  

I don’t really agree with some of this boards sentiment, and I think we are a better team than we’ve shown, but right now our window is closing really fast.  We are pretty much at make or break during the next few weeks.  If we break, the consequences will be pretty grim.

Part of me appreciates your reasoned take, but this season is over.  They’re 2-5.  That means no playoffs. This rest of the season is absolutely pointless. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Jets go 2-7, it’s time to sell and I mean sell as much as possible for ammo to move up for the QB.  No way this team rattles off 8 out of 9 to get to the playoffs.  Give Ben Johnson what ever he wants, draft your QB of the future, and tell Woody to get out the way.

What Ben Johnson wants is to NOT coach the Jets . 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Ben Johnson will have his choice of jobs. Ain't no way he's coming to the Jets when the Jets have no quarterback of the future, no cap space and a bunch of has-beens and never-weres on the roster.

Edited - the Jets are currently 2-5, and the trade deadline is Halloween, if I'm not mistaken. If the Jets want to go down the path of selling off players to raise draft picks, they're going to have to get going quick-smart. This isn't the MLB when teams can flog off players for prospects. Woody would have egg on his face for having orchestrated the Davante Adams trade only over the weekend to then reverse course and trade a bunch of players for picks a few days later.

Assuming the Jets are as bad as they have been showing, the next coach will have enough ammo given the sell off and the high 1st rounder to move up for their guy.  Agreed on Johnson, but I think you have to give him the bag and the control. You have to try… the rest I stand on. 

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Nathanial Hackett, President of Football Operations,  NYJ

Why not?  At least make it a Total comedy for the long suffering fans.

Let’s bring his father back too

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

At least we can look at the Mets with pride.  The Jets are putrid.  Period.

Yup. The Mets have a good owner, president of operations and manager plus a great farm. The Jets have a future of more disappointment and losing ahead of them. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Allowing 37 points to this stillers team is a criminal offense. What a pathetic performance put on again in front of a national audience. Can't wait to go back to being embarrassed at 1pm next year.

I'm still trying to figure out how they turned a 15-6 lead with under 2 minutes to play in the first half AND the ball into a 37-15 disaster. 

• Haha 2

It’s very hard not to say after this performance that after over 50 years being a fan of the Jets that I’m over it.  The disappointment has risen to a crisis level.  I don’t know if I can take any more of this.  The level of chronic incompetence in this organization is frightening to behold.

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Understood. Just returning the favor of what they call myself and others. But I'll stop.

Thank you. I know I missed stuff I'm sure so thanks for being cool about it.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Texans on Halloween? What could go wrong?

It’s exactly the win that would get everyone super excited and happy. The delusion that will come with that win will only make the 3 game losing streak after that so much more tragic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

It’s exactly the win that would get everyone super excited and happy. The delusion that will come with that win will only make the 3 game losing streak after that so much more tragic.

..and the added bonus that it would help the Bills. So yea, perfect win!