We’re still making the playoffs

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

If they do make the playoffs and somehow someway I think they do, then it is likely they retain ulbrich and staff especially if they win a playoff game

not sure how to feel about that

After the longest playoff drought in sports, I wouldn’t worry about what happens if we go on a miracle run and get into the dance. Quite honestly if Ulbrich settles down and turns this ship around, he will deserve to be named permanent HC. What would be more Jetsy is he does just that and says “thanks but no thanks” to Woody’s offer.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, if we DO make the playoffs we’ll have to go 8-2 or 7-3 the rest of the way to do so.  So by default that would probably be considered “red hot”.  

Not necessarily. Its like calling Phyllis Diller red hot because she's a female.  We have an upcoming schedule as soft as Mr. Softy Ice cream. I for one, believe they can go 8-2 0r 7-3 but even if they get in the playoffs, it would be a beat down.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The schedule is favorable, the talent is there. 

Just one game at a time. Go beat the Pats and then worry about next week. Get some confidence and build from there.

I know it’s clicheish but that is the way I’m gonna look at it. 

Hopefully the players do the same

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

The schedule is favorable, the talent is there. 

Just one game at a time. Go beat the Pats and then worry about next week. Get some confidence and build from there.

I know it’s clicheish but that is the way I’m gonna look at it. 

Hopefully the players do the same

Agreed, there is a path in the next 5 games  that will either make December interesting or a closed book for good.

Buffalo’s next 5 games - @SEA, Vs MIA, @IND, Vs KC, Vs SF. Objectively I Think they’ll be 7-5 after that.  

Now let’s look at the Jets — @NE, Vs Hou, @Ari, Vs IND, Vs SEA. It’s impossible to have any faith in them, but if they clean this crap up finally you could see 4-1 and getting back to 6-6 overall. Again, they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt, but a very real path exists. 

9 hours ago, jgb said:

After the longest playoff drought in sports, I wouldn’t worry about what happens if we go on a miracle run and get into the dance. Quite honestly if Ulbrich settles down and turns this ship around, he will deserve to be named permanent HC. What would be more Jetsy is he does just that and says “thanks but no thanks” to Woody’s offer.

this is probably more likely than not. also not totally bc of this but he is one of Saleh's boys and Saleh was done dirty. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Hey sometimes to break a curse you need a miracle. Look at the 04 Boston Red Sox or 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers. One year it’ll happen for our Jets why not this year 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, faba said:

The Jets never give you any reason to be optimistic but the schedule on paper is not that threatening

It’s Mr. Wipple Charmin soft.  Next 5 games NE, Vs Hou, @Ari, Vs IND, Vs SEA

They need to win 4 out of 5 to get to 6-6. 
then there’s 5 games left Fins Jags Rams Bills Find and they’d need to go 4-1 to get to 10-7. Not impossible.

13 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

It’s Mr. Wipple Charmin soft.  Next 5 games NE, Vs Hou, @Ari, Vs IND, Vs SEA

They need to win 4 out of 5 to get to 6-6. 
then there’s 5 games left Fins Jags Rams Bills Find and they’d need to go 4-1 to get to 10-7. Not impossible.

Cards just gutted out a tough win against the Chargers.  Kyler will run wild on this soft D.

On 10/21/2024 at 7:02 PM, Rhg1084 said:

If you’re jumping ship say so now! Don’t want no fake fans here cheering when we are in the playoffs. This team is too talented to not put it together and the AFC currently stinks.

The defense was awful, but guess what? We’re getting back DJ Reed, MC2, and Hasson Reddick. Those 3 guys will do wonders for this defense. And offensively we got way too much fire power. Rodgers is going to come alive these last 10 games. 10-7 with a wild card birth and going into playoffs red hot!

This post is part of the problem. Delusional content creators and non objective fans that drive a hyperbolic narrative that goes nowhere. Individuals do have a responsibility over their own conclusions and ideas, but society has shown exactly how easily people can be manipulated when they are bombarded with crazy ideas.

5 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Agreed, there is a path in the next 5 games  that will either make December interesting or a closed book for good.

Buffalo’s next 5 games - @SEA, Vs MIA, @IND, Vs KC, Vs SF. Objectively I Think they’ll be 7-5 after that.  

Now let’s look at the Jets — @NE, Vs Hou, @Ari, Vs IND, Vs SEA. It’s impossible to have any faith in them, but if they clean this crap up finally you could see 4-1 and getting back to 6-6 overall. Again, they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt, but a very real path exists. 

I seriously doubt we win the division but we can get a wildcard at 10-7.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Big L said:

Jets would need to go 7-3 minimum, already lost tiebreakers to Denver and Pitt.  Jets haven’t gone 7-3 in ANY ten game stretch since 2010.  

playoffs ain’t happening.

The schedule is a Goddamned joke rest of the way.  I would agree with you but holy cow this is a cupcake buffet

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Hey sometimes to break a curse you need a miracle. Look at the 04 Boston Red Sox or 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers. One year it’ll happen for our Jets why not this year 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why not this year? Because we are already in a 2-5 hole.

13 hours ago, Biggs said:

The mid 70's would have broken 90% of the "real" fans on this site.  That was some serious bad times for Jets fans.

What’s ironic is the “real” fans who are aggressively optimistic are always the ones that break spectacularly and without warning. At some point their heads just explode when they can no longer reconcile reality with the lies they must tell themselves to maintain that optimism in the face of so much contrary evidence.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

What’s ironic is the “real” fans who are aggressively optimistic are always the ones that break spectacularly and without warning. At some point their heads just explode when they can no longer reconcile reality with the lies they tell themselves.

Thoughts and prayers go out to @QB1 / @Nico ; @Hal N of Provo; @Jetsfan_always; @Facts; and @JETS SB

Wherever they are.

• Sympathy 1