If You Could Move Anywhere In The US, Where Would You Go?

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say that you could move whereever you wanted. No constraints such as a job, child custody or anything else. Where would you go?

LEAVE - Southeast Michigan (The Armpit of the Midwest)

ARRIVE: 20 Acres in Northern Wisconsin

If it's the US I would say Ypislanti/Ann Arbor. I'm not kidding either.

I have traveled all around the US and that part of the Country is great.

Several options:

I spent a year in Portland Oregon in the early '90s. It was great..until I went to Seattle. That's better. In fact my wife's cousin is a county cop outside Portland. Loves it.

Traverse city - If you could afford to LIVE there, on or near a lake, why wouldn't you?

Northern Wisconsin: It's pretty up there. Really neat rocky bluffs with an interesting geological history. Pretty bleak jobwise outside Green Bay tho. I think you could get almost the same thing and have a job in Traverse City.

Avoid:

Florida- It's a renamed, prettied-up swamp. People aren't supposed to live there. Yes, I'm big fat a hypocrite and vacationing there next week...but I stand by my opinion. :P

New Orleans- See Florida, minus the vacation

Ann Arbor, MI

I miss my homestate, even though I remeber nothing of it.:P

I have no interest moving out West, nor do I have any interest moving to the South. Why? I love the cold and could not last without winter / snow, as much as a pain in the ass the snow may be from time to time.

I also wouldn't mind moving back down to my old town about 45 minutes away from where I am now so I could be back with all of my friends and it would be easier on weekends with my gas mileage seeing as they rarely come up here since I'm living in the middle of nowhere now and there is nothing to do up here.

If it weren't for NYC ****ing up the whole place with watershed regulations and all the second homeowners from metro NYC ****ing things up in general, I'd be as happy as a pig in **** right where I am.

Maybe a bit further north.

I like Connecticut. Maybe a bit farther up north of where I am in CT would be nice - but I like it here. I have run down the states and I can't think of another I would rather be in.

Texas - I would wind up on death row for telling someone off.

Florida - You are either bling or white trash.

Cali - too much gang violence and language I can't understand and have no desire to.

Arizona - Not a desert person.

Las Vegas - Ditto.

The South - School systems suck and everything is too slow.

Michigan - I've heard it was cool here. I will need to visit to verify for myself.

Nice places to visit perhaps as I have not seen most of them - but couldn't live there full time.

am I missing someone?

You can live in the town dear, I'll be in our mansion on the bay sipping mint julips!! :wine:

x1pEyY-Iqya-ydP7kfDvOdbs8AOCdN2lbpUtzyKapLDaFeSWbC80j3SmSHyCMPeAvw8p0fu7XGaa3Wm2fNm_twzOoJqFpYftM2jqtFeRxUzf8g

The homes down there are pretty cool. A really beautiful area, Charleston. If you ever get a chance, check out Sullivan Island - just outside of Charleston. I love it there.

lotta ann arbor votes on here but don't you guys know i don't live there anymore??

YPSI WHO-AHHHHHS!!

live anywhere? in my parents house. no job. no responsibility. no worries. good food.

seriously though i've always been happy wherever i was-- philly is perfect. big, not too big. affordable real estate. if you can read and you bathe you're automatically in the elite class. will probably move back to NC, eventually.

Archived