Please Pray for my Father

lawngnome o-line

He's good and will be in the hospital for probably 3-5 days, but everything seems to be ok.

He's getting placed in the CCU for monitoring, but there doesn't appear to be any major long term damage to his heart.

On a seperate note, the entire city of Seattle has 21 snow plows. On the weather channel they said the city will be crippled by this blizzard with winds which has winds that are stronger than hurricane force winds.

Just alot of fun over here.

More good news. Amen to that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's good and will be in the hospital for probably 3-5 days, but everything seems to be ok.

He's getting placed in the CCU for monitoring, but there doesn't appear to be any major long term damage to his heart.

On a seperate note, the entire city of Seattle has 21 snow plows. On the weather channel they said the city will be crippled by this blizzard with winds which has winds that are stronger than hurricane force winds.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad things seem to be looking better. This is probably my biggest fear living over here. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to my folks while I'm over here. I feel helpless now and they are doing fine.

Glad to hear things are stable right now. Have you heard his voice yet?

I'm going to call my dad and tell him I love him first thing tomorrow.

as a getting older father you guys are killing me this morning and last night between this thread and sirlancemehl's on the Jets side of the board...make that call Eric

as a getting older father you guys are killing me this morning and last night between this thread and sirlancemehl's on the Jets side of the board...make that call Eric

I just did. I told him this story. This is the first time I've really gotten involved in one of these threads and it's because I met Brian just 3 (4?) weeks ago at the Denver game, and again at the Buffalo game. Definitely feel for him.

Anyway, Brian, my father told me, when his mother was dying in FL, that he just went to the airport and went to every airline looking for any flight into the Ft. Lauderdale area. He explained the situation and eventually, someone got him on.

With 3 major airports here, if you still are looking to get home, just get to the airport. Someone will get you on a flight.

Great news Brian. We're hoping that he continues to improve at a rapid rate.

Great, Great news. As hard as it may be try and relax for the rest of today as things sound so much better than last night.

Many of you know that I was planning on going to the Jets game tomorrow in Seattle. I'm currently sitting in a hotel room and asking for help.

My father went into cardiac arrest a few hours ago and is currently in critical condition. He was lost for a few minutes but they got him back but he's barely holding on. He's getting sent into ICU for hours of work, and we don't know what's going to happen.

There is no way I can get home because the blizzard here, and all flights out are delayed for now, and in a few hours the airport will probably just shut down.

A few people on the board have met him through the tailgates so you know him personally. The rest of you probably do not.

Either way if you could all say a prayer for my dad, Jerry Clark, I would appreciate everything. Being 3000 miles away makes me feel helpless, but it can't be compared to anything he's going through.

Thank you

Brian

Will do, and God bless. And Godspeed home.

My dad is sitting up, and if everything works out he'll be home on Christmas. Right now everything looks good.

He watched the game yesterday, which he said, might as well have given him another heart attack. If that says anything he's back to normal, and understands how the Jets continuall treat us.

Good to see everything is getting better.

But how could you let him actually watch the Jets game yesterday!!?? [-X

My dad is sitting up, and if everything works out he'll be home on Christmas. Right now everything looks good.

He watched the game yesterday, which he said, might as well have given him another heart attack. If that says anything he's back to normal, and understands how the Jets continuall treat us.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. The power of prayer is amazing...

God bless and God speed.

Glad to hear everything appears to be on the right track. Having spent a past Christmas in the hospital with a family member in serious condition, I hope that he is able to be at home.

I am concerned, however, that a hospital would be so careless as to allow ICU patients to engage in such stressful activities. I'm only half-kidding, as I remember reading that Testaverde's father could only watch the games after the fact, when he knew the outcome, because he had a heart condition and couldn't handle the stress.

jets fan til the end. awsome!

go jets :rl:

Glad to hear everything's going to be ok. My Mom went through the same thing a few years ago, she's fine now. Those stents are amazing things.

Archived