Chargers Very Happy Cromartie Gone

flgreen

Chargers very happy Cromartie is gone

Jets BlogPOST STAFF REPORT

Last Updated: 8:49 PM, August 20, 2010

Posted: 8:34 PM, August 20, 2010

Comments: 0 | More Print

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie has more children than he has friends remaining in the Chargers secondary.

“We all know there were guys in the locker room who didn't like him,” Chargers cornerback Quentin Jammer told the San Diego Union Tribune. “He didn't like them. We don't have to deal with that now."

Cromartie was traded to the Jets in March and seems to have been accepted by his new teammates. His old teammates certainly are enjoying life without him.

“Me and Cro had conflicts,” Chargers safety Eric Weddle said. “That’s just the way it is.”

The report says, "The bad vibe that spilled out from the defensive backs’ corner of the locker room affected much more than even just the defense. More than a few offensive players talked about the peaceful and productive offseason and how the team didn’t have to worry any more about the secondary’s 'drama.' ”

“It’s refreshing,” Weddle said. “I can’t tell you how nice it is to come to work every day and not have that in the room and just knowing everyone is on the same page, everyone is behind each other.”

Jammer’s theory is that Cromartie "lashed out' to attempt to force a trade, according to the report.

Cromartie on this week's episode of "Hard Knocks" seemed to struggle remembering the names and ages of his eight children, then said the HBO program restaged the interview, asking him to take his time.

Earlier this month, some Chargers said they were glad running back LaDainian Tomlinson left the team. He also landed with the Jets, who defeated the Chargers in last season's AFC playoffs.

"I don’t know how everyone feels or if they felt it," quarterback Philip Rivers said at the start of training camp. "Maybe it was a little bit of a relief. Maybe it’s a feeling of, ‘I can do a little more without wondering what he thinks.’"

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/chargers_very_happy_cromartie_is_jvSpo8MTwHHfL3tCZhArfO?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0xCQVN77E

the chargers sound like a bunch of high shool girls

That is the best description I have heard of them yet.

Their fans are probably worse. Reading their forums last year was insane.

One girl said (and the rest of the forum agreed) that "Revis can't be that good because the receiver knows where he is going and the CB doesn't. There's no way Revis can cover Jackson."

I wasn't shocked that i read it but utterly stunned that multiple people agreed.

Merriman tried to get off of the Chargers but failed, gave up, and signed an extension. V-Jack has more determination than him, and the Chargers gave up and told him to go talk to Seattle.

After V-Jack leaves, expect an article about how much the Chargers players hated him.

It's funny, Rivers and Merriman do the most talking. LT generally dealt with other people in a classy way, and Cro at least didn't run to the media to bitch about his teammates and cause drama. But Merriman and Rivers cause drama on a daily basis. But those two are also the only two that they probably won't get rid of, as both are hyped up losers with no leadership ability that nobody else really wants.

About the only thing Rivers can do is beat up on the Raiders 2x, Broncos 2x and Chiefs 2x every year (for a total of 6 games!!!) and pad his stats, then choke in the playoffs. I wonder how many other QBs would have Rivers' stats with that schedule. Rivers proponents always claim he is a top QB, but I don't see how people can have him in the top 5 even. Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Schaub, Brady and Romo are the consensus top QBs. I don't know anybody that would, even in fantasy purposes, draft Rivers before either of those 6, the only possible exception being Romo. That's still outside the top 5 however. Once you add leadership skills into the equation, Rivers drops even further.

This turned into a Rivers rant lol, which I don't feel like erasing even if it's a little off topic. I don't like that guy much.

Philip Rivers is a punk beach

Yeah - I was looking for the pic I made of Flippy taking it in the dookey for the play-off game last year. Then I remembered PhotoBucket deleted it. No sense of humor.

I can't stand that emotionally crippled pos.

A ringless 7-year vet with an ego the size of San Diego County was worried about what LT thought?

What a joke of an excuse.

Plays like a choke-artist, sounds like one too.

t's amusing we have drooling retards here that would want Rivers on the current Jets -- Johnnycakes Hector, Midget Love IQ 20, and brainless Drano -- to name a few.

I wonder if there's an Arizona Cardinals board somewhere with a thread in talking about how they fleeced the Jets in getting the great Kerry Rhodes.

LOL http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=50331

yeah it's almost as if any player that becomes a jet has never sucked or been a bad teammate.......Cromartie can't tackle for sh*t and looks to be just like Rhodes at the cornerback position.

I wonder if there's an Arizona Cardinals board somewhere with a thread in talking about how they fleeced the Jets in getting the great Kerry Rhodes.

Maybe, but I already saw more in one preseason game from Cromartie than I did in two years from Kerry Rhodes.

Hope we play them for the AFC Championship and LT and Cro stick it up their asses.

Those pansies wont be sniffing anything near the Championship game with us...

Millionaire "Men" talking crap behind other mens backs...Nice..

What will they say about Vincent Jackson when he gets his trade, they wont even have a time by then..

To be fair, the chargers spent more time with cro and Lt than we have. Maybe they have a little better perspective? It would explain why they were so willng to let them go in the first place. I think this team is the perfect landing spot for wayward players, though, as we have a strong coach and excellent leadership. Still, Cro's immaturity showed up a bit in hard knocks. Like he doesn't know how to handle coaching/criticism.

Maybe, but I already saw more in one preseason game from Cromartie than I did in two years from Kerry Rhodes.

Word. Hopefully it turns out like the Kris Jenkins deal. Similar circumstances--thrown off his old team with whispers of an attitude problem. Now Jenkins might be one of the Jets' top three players. It'd be a steal if Cromartie can get it (and keep it) together.

I'm not a fan of the Chargers or their players. I know Cro wasn't the best player in their defense but they weren't saying anything when he was producing. The way Rivers and Gates talked about LT when he was gone was just dirty. To me, I can never see that team winning anything besides their weak division. They get all the talent in the world, they win 12-14 games in the reg. season and somehow, someway, they end up choking like the pussies they are.

Archived