•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Russell Wilson is better than Mark Sanchez" - Braylon Edwards

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,517 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

JetNation's favorite receiver hated Mark Sanchez.

http://newyork.cbslo...russell-wilson/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The hits keep coming for Mark Sanchez.

New York’s starting quarterback has been under the microscope since last season’s 8-8 finishand the Jets’ subsequent acquisition of backup Tim Tebow.

The latest knock came from one of Sanchez’s favorite former targets, current Seahawks wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

Edwards was asked to compare Sanchez in his first year to third-round draft pick Russell Wilson, a rookie who was recently named Seattle’s starter.

Yahoo! Sports writer Doug Farrar tweeted on Monday: “Asked Braylon Edwards if he sees similar things in 2012 Wilson to what he saw in 2009 Sanchez: ‘I see better things.’ “

And the Giants thought Eli Manning couldn’t get any respect?
The Jets’ top pick in the 2009 draft, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards, 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his rookie campaign, which ended in an AFC Championship game loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
Edwards, traded from Cleveland to New York early in the ’09 season, had 541 receiving yards in 12 games (11 starts) with the Jets.
It wasn’t until 2010 that the duo really clicked.
The Jets again went to the AFC Championship game — and lost, again — while Sanchez threw for 3,291 yards, 17 TDs and 13 INTs in the regular season. Meanwhile, Edwards recorded 904 receiving yards in his final season with the Jets.
This offseason, Jets were reported to have some interest in Edwards, who ultimately signed with Seattle.
Posted Image

#2 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,179 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ouch!
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#3 Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy

Future Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 971 posts
  • LocationLong Island - Florida

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Was Braylon sober when he was asked?

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,279 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hey, Keller likes him. So, there's that.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,806 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

So what do you expect him to say
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#6 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Enjoy the beautiful weather in Seattle Bray Bray.
Not much to do but drink and drive.

#7 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,814 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

He's right.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#8 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Enjoy your new garage band Braylon.

But I do miss him.

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,279 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Who has more catches this season: Holmes or Braylon?

Edited by T0mShane, 28 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

He's right.

Correctamundo.......
At least he didnt say how bad Sanchez really is and how with a real QB Jets would have had back to back Superbowl wins.
"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#11 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

OMG!!! What a bombshell !!!!!!! What is he supposed to say? That his new QB sucks? This is reatarded.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#12 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

If he is saying that then there must be a lot of truth to it.

A couple of weeks ago as i was channel surfing I saw Braylon on TeeVee. He was on Hard Knocks. He was asked who would he love to play for or something like that and his answer was "Rex Ryan". The look on Jeff Ireland's face was priceless. And Braylon did not get the Dolphins job!

#13 jason423

jason423

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

The better question is who has more drops....

#14 gangreenman

gangreenman

The Gamethread/chat Guy

• Members
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

"Mike Tannenbaum is a bad General Manager" - T0mShane
Posted Image

They asked what I was going to do in the off-season and I was like 'What do you mean, off-season?' Im going to be at the facility...thats my new home." - Mark Sanchez

#15 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

He's right.

yeah is it that outlandish of a statement? It is a bitter statement from a guy who probably wishes he was in NY.

These teams will play each other IN Seattle and that's going to be a very tough game. that stadium is a beast on the road, it's like how Arrowhead used to be when the Chiefs were good. The crowd is basically on top of the players. The Jets only game outside of EST actually. (I have that game chalked up as a loss, truth be told. Good thing I am not on the team)

Edited by bitonti, 28 August 2012 - 07:21 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#16 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,458 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

The better question is who has more drops....

BOOSH!

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#17 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 9,973 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Cole world.

#18 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,814 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Intriguing. I'll go with Holmes. I think Doug Baldwin will become Russell Wilson's favorite target, followed by Sidney Rice and Kellen Winslow, followed by Braylon fighting for balls when Wilson isn't checking down to Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin. Holmes by pure volume should produce despite the heavy run emphasis.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#19 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Zomg you said it Braylon! :clap clap:

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#20 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,362 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

yeah is it that outlandish of a statement? It is a bitter statement from a guy who probably wishes he was in NY.

These teams will play each other IN Seattle and that's going to be a very tough game. that stadium is a beast on the road, it's like how Arrowhead used to be when the Chiefs were good. The crowd is basically on top of the players. The Jets only game outside of EST actually. (I have that game chalked up as a loss, truth be told. Good thing I am not on the team)

BINGO!!!! You're right on target there matt-Braylon has been Jet-bashing since he was let go. WTHBS, does Sanchez suck? This is the year we get to have that one answered

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,279 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Intriguing. I'll go with Holmes. I think Doug Baldwin will become Russell Wilson's favorite target, followed by Sidney Rice and Kellen Winslow, followed by Braylon fighting for balls when Wilson isn't checking down to Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin. Holmes by pure volume should produce despite the heavy run emphasis.

I'm gonna go with Holmes, too, if only because I think he'll show up as the only real target Sanchez has other than Keller. That said, the Holmes storyline could be the most entertaining thing to happen to New York sports since Pascual Perez.

#22 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,227 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Sanchez sucked his rookiw year so you woukd hope you see more from Wilson. Two things about Wilson, though, hes only 5'11" and he'll turn 24 during the season so hes a little bit older rookie.
Posted Image

#23 richarddavis220

richarddavis220

Practice Squad Player

• Facebook \ Twitter
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

JetNation's favorite receiver hated Mark Sanchez.

http://newyork.cbslo...russell-wilson/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The hits keep coming for Mark Sanchez.
New York’s starting quarterback has been under the microscope since last season’s 8-8 finishand the Jets’ subsequent acquisition of backup Tim Tebow.
The latest knock came from one of Sanchez’s favorite former targets, current Seahawks wide receiver Braylon Edwards.
Edwards was asked to compare Sanchez in his first year to third-round draft pick Russell Wilson, a rookie who was recently named Seattle’s starter.
Yahoo! Sports writer Doug Farrar tweeted on Monday: “Asked Braylon Edwards if he sees similar things in 2012 Wilson to what he saw in 2009 Sanchez: ‘I see better things.’ “

And the Giants thought Eli Manning couldn’t get any respect?
The Jets’ top pick in the 2009 draft, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards, 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his rookie campaign, which ended in an AFC Championship game loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
Edwards, traded from Cleveland to New York early in the ’09 season, had 541 receiving yards in 12 games (11 starts) with the Jets.
It wasn’t until 2010 that the duo really clicked.
The Jets again went to the AFC Championship game — and lost, again — while Sanchez threw for 3,291 yards, 17 TDs and 13 INTs in the regular season. Meanwhile, Edwards recorded 904 receiving yards in his final season with the Jets.
This offseason, Jets were reported to have some interest in Edwards, who ultimately signed with Seattle.

didnt edwards have 18 drops one season while in cleveland ,yet he still bashes his old q,bs kinda funny . exsp since the dude had like 200 yds last yr

#24 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Braylon misses NY? Yeah, OK. Like anyone would trade Seattle for NY...y'all cray.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#25 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

didn't he bad mouth the browns ?

whatever
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users