Chiefs player commits suicide.

CM28

Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher dead in apparent murder-suicide

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 1, 2012, 11:47 AM EST

AP

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and a woman believed to be his girlfriend are dead, after Belcher apparently shot and killed her, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot and killed himself.

A statement released by the Chiefs said only, “We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.” But PFT has confirmed with multiple sources that it was, in fact, Belcher who was involved in the incident.

The Kansas City Star reports that Belcher shot his girlfriend at around 8 a.m. on Saturday at a home in Kansas City and then left the scene and committed suicide at the team’s facility at Arrowhead a short time later.

Players on the Chiefs are gathering at Arrowhead Stadium today and being told of the situation. The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Arrowhead Stadium. The Panthers’ team flight has not yet left for Kansas City, and the NFL has not yet said whether the game will go on as scheduled.

The 25-year-old Belcher entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Maine and quickly made an impact, becoming a starter during his rookie season. Belcher’s off-field life had remained relatively quiet, and the news of this morning is stunning to the NFL world.

http://profootballta...murder-suicide/

Don't really feel sorry for people that pussy out and commit suicide and kill their girlfriend. There's enough help out there for someone with that kind if money and access to doctors.

And before you bleeding heart posters say he had problems, to bad a lot of people do and he had a way to fix them.

Don't really feel sorry for people that pussy out and commit suicide and kill their girlfriend. There's enough help out there for someone with that kind if money and access to doctors.

And before you bleeding heart posters say he had problems, to bad a lot of people do and he had a way to fix them.

Agree 100%... this coward just made a 2 1/2 month old baby parentless.

I found a friend of mine who committed suicide.. I had a former boss that did it, hell I know of several..It is the most selfish act one can do. Part of immersing yourself in your chosen field during adolescent years is a cost in social skills later.

My buddy was a hell of a combat pilot, but he couldn't handle the love thing at all..fourth wife cost him his life.

Selfish act.

I dont see how they can play that game tomorrow. I understand trying to keep things normal in the wake of a tragedy, but the have to cancel the game.

Tragedy is an understatement. I'd say that a player shooting himself in front of his head coach and GM the day before a home game is probably reason to cancel it. Not to mention that there's a 3-year-old walking around parentless right now.

Just heard the KC officer state that Belcher was in his car the Chiefs complex parking lot with a gun to his head, 2 coaches were talking him down and when the police pulled up he pulled the trigger. Heard Crennel and Paoli were involved so they could have been right at the car when it happened. That would put a damper on playing football tomorrow.

I dont see how they can play that game tomorrow. I understand trying to keep things normal in the wake of a tragedy, but the have to cancel the game.

Why?

While I think there would be good reasons to postpone a game, like 9-11 or a natural disaster, the death of one player, whether by accident or suicide is not one of them.

Why?

While I think there would be good reasons to postpone a game, like 9-11 or a natural disaster, the death of one player, whether by accident or suicide is not one of them.

For the sake of the other players on the team. If it was me and I worked with someone as close as NFL players work with each other, I wouldn't be able to go to work the next day. And I wouldn't want to be expected to

For the sake of the other players on the team. If it was me and I worked with someone as close as NFL players work with each other, I wouldn't be able to go to work the next day. And I wouldn't want to be expected to

a few years ago a co-worker fell down an elevator shaft and died on the job. we all took the rest of the day off and went home. we went to work the next day and attended his wake a few days later.

The problem with this theory is you're expecting a rational decision (seeking help) from someone who completed an act that necessitates an irrational mind (at least by our standards).

Most patients on a psychiatric inpatient unit are not there through their own volition. Most don't believe they are sick at all. They are there because someone else (family, friends, the police) noticed they were sick and brought them there.

Dismissing suicide as resultant of just "life problems" is just a way to create a villain in a circumstance that no one posting about it even comes close to understanding.

I don't care about the pending argument about suicide here to be honest, only that none of us likely understand what it would take for someone to reach that point. That said, he committed homicide first and I've got nothing good to say about any of this.

Prayers to those that survive them both, in particular the child.

The decision to play is up to the people who are directly affected by this and especially the people who witnessed the suicide.

This isnt a 9 to 5 paper pushing job. This is a physical sport where if someone is off their game they could get someone or themselves seriously hurt.

The Chiefs have been off their game all year.

Just a warning to everyone.

Multiple jokes have already been deleted from this thread. Regardless of how you feel about the man who committed suicide, there is a woman dead and a baby now without a mother or father. Please have some respect for them.

Jokes will not be tolerated.

Just a warning to everyone.

Multiple jokes have already been deleted from this thread. Regardless of how you feel about the man who committed suicide, there is a woman dead and a baby now without a mother or father. Please have some respect for them.

Jokes will not be tolerated.

I have no thoughts on the suicide, it's very unfortunate some seem to think its funny to make jokes when a mother of a 3 month old was murdered, and by the father none the less, and that 3 month old is now parent less, and is now forced to grow up without parents, that's the only story here in my mind, it's horrible to make this about Belcher because he played pro football, peoples thoughts, and prayers should be with all the people who were close to these people, and the people who were put in the unfortunate situation of witnessing what went down!

I have other thoughts on Belcher, and what he did, but those I will not get into on here, a discussion about that could get unpleasant with some people if they have differing opinions, and probably shouldn't be discussed on the forum IMO.

supposedly it had nothing to do with football. He was getting into arguments with his girlfriend and i guess snapped and shot her. The reason he went to the practice facility is because he felt like it was a home for him. He thanked the coaches for everything they did for him and he shot himself.

atleast thats what early reports say before people try to spin it about concussions

Archived