65 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,135 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Anyone see Francesa today? He killed the Jets again, specifically Idzik after the press conference.

#2 ylekram

ylekram

BLUE EYED DEVIL

• Members
  • 2,704 posts
  • Locationhamden,ct.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Anyone see Francesa today? He killed the Jets again, specifically Idzik after the press conference.

and the sky is blue and the grass is green.whats new

#3 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,135 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Here is a link to a few minute version of the video. He was really damn critical. Unfairly so...

http://www.jetnation...cesa-rips-jets/

#4 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,135 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Timeless headline.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#5 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,351 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I never listen to him- he hates the Jets no matter what we would do
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#6 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,337 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I never listen to him either, but it's not because he hates the Jets. It's because he's fat and stupid.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#7 Skeet Ulrich

Skeet Ulrich

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

You don't say?

#8 Green DNA

Green DNA

PSL Hypocrite

• Members
  • 10,492 posts
  • LocationSection 205A

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Francessa = fat douchebag (no offense to the JN mods)

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,431 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

So mad.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,633 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

a sports radio host said something provocative ??

no way !!!!!
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#11 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nothing like having an opinion and absolutely nothing to back it up. The guy has never been a GM before.

#12 Green DNA

Green DNA

PSL Hypocrite

• Members
  • 10,492 posts
  • LocationSection 205A

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

My 2 favorites: "Play like a Jet means play like a loser" and "unlike Idzik, George Young said the right thing when the Giants hired him". Uhhhh, Young was hired in 1979, 34 years ago!

#13 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Mike Francesa has never really seemed to like anything the Jets have done, other than when Bill Parcells was the head coach.  He has been very critical of the organization in the past, and that continued today.  He listened to the John Idzik press conference and was very critical.  Apparently Francesa wanted to hear Idzik say he was going to make big changes.

Despite what Francesa will have you believe Idzik won’t be graded on his introductory press conference.  He will be graded on how he handles the roster, especially how successful his drafts are.  Mike call the Jets a  dysfunctional and bad organization.  He said this was awful and there was nothing to make any Jets fan confident.  The video is embedded below:

Here is the discussion thread on this topic from our New York Jets message board.

#14 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I listened to him for about 3 minutes and never listened to him again. He's nothing more then a shock jock that does sports.

#15 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,635 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I hope he chokes on a pork chop he found in his wife's snatch.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#16 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

So kind of like T0m and about half of the remaining posters here? LOL.

#17 Latinlawyer

Latinlawyer

The JetNation Godfather

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

FATCESSA IS A DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Let me repeat that...FATCESSA IS A DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! If you are a Jet fan and you listen to Fatcessa then you really like self punishment.

LL
Posted Image Fat Head!

#18 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,177 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

The only video clip of him I will ever watch will be the one where he gets a heart attack or stroke right there on the air and finally kicks the bucket. THEN I'll watch.
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#19 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,417 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Douchebagery aside, it's not his fault our collective fan-base has the emotional fortitude of an unmarried woman turning thirty.

#20 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Trash, straight garbage. Doesn't come with much logic in his opinion. But then again I judging by a small sample size in 15 minutes total of listening to him.

#21 Bergen Jet

Bergen Jet

TebowsNation.com

• Members
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Mike thrives on the attention that he gets, particularly when he can prod an entire fan base with his stupidity. He is best ignored.

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,431 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

The Jets fanbase--

Step One: Media Member X says this element of the Jets will disappoint

Step Two: Jets Fans: "Media Member X is an a$$hole and fat and gay and stupid and has an agenda and knows nothing! I'm so glad I don't read/listen to him even though I can quote exactly every syllable they say/write!"

Step Three: Season plays out exactly as Media Member X predicted.

Step Four: Jets Fans "I totally knew that was gonna happen!"

Why don't you Manish/Francesa/Evan Silva deniers use a little elbow grease and specifically disprove what these guys have said instead of just casting general aspersions? You do realize these guys have been right wayyyyyyyyyy more than any of you clowns who predicted that the Jets would be competent in any one area? If Mehta/Silva/Francesa are agenda-driven liars, it'd be pretty easy to prove with the Search feature, no?

Edited by T0mShane, 25 January 2013 - 05:40 AM.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#23 Bergen Jet

Bergen Jet

TebowsNation.com

• Members
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

The Jets fanbase--

Step One: Media Member X says this element of the Jets will disappoint

Step Two: Jets Fans: "Media Member X is an a$$hole and fat and gay and stupid and has an agenda and knows nothing! I'm so glad I don't read/listen to him even though I can quote exactly every syllable they say/write!"

Step Three: Season plays out exactly as Media Member X predicted.

Step Four: Jets Fans "I totally knew that was gonna happen!"

Why don't you Manish/Francesa/Evan Silva deniers use a little elbow grease and specifically disprove what these guys have said instead of just casting general aspersions? You do realize these guys have been right wayyyyyyyyyy more than any of you clowns who predicted that the Jets would be competent in any one area? If Mehta/Silva/Francesa are agenda-driven liars, it'd be pretty easy to prove with the Search feature, no?

Do people really hate Manish or Evan Silva anywhere near the way they hate Francesa? Hating anything anti-Jets is irrational and 100% homer driven, hating Mike Francesa is not.

#24 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,363 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's background noise on a busy workday. Fatcesa said something yeterday so absurd it was hard to even believe, and if any other host had said it they would've sent him for mental evaluation. It was that other new coaches and GMs go into a bad situation and basically go nuts, including one instance where Fatcesa claims a new coach intentionally knocked the hat off the head of the team's best player to "show there's a new sherriff in town" or some nonsense,. You see even here a lot of internet tough guy BS, but this was simply so out there it had to be fleshed out in full or called BS. What coach upon taking a job in 2013 practically physically assaults a player? It's not true. Bobby Knight got fired form Indiana for something like that, the coach at Rutgers BBall coach was suspended for much less of a verbal nastiness in December. to name but 2 examples. Professional athletes are not going to take such nonsense lightly either, whether they contact their union or go Sprewell on the spot. If someone behaved that way to Fatcesa or one of his children he'd be outraged. Fatcesa has this idea that Idzik should as per him go out to Florham Park and start breaking furniture or throwing lockers out windows or cursing people out.It's an insane fake tough guy fantasy. And if Idzik did something that batcrap crazy Fatcesa and the whole media would be calling him a loon. Heck, they already do that with Wrecks Ryan for much less. Idzik may fail, he may succeed, but the idea he has to act like a Gunny Hartman on 4-day vodka/meth bender in order to "change the culture" is so goddamn dumb it's scary he was allowed to say such stupidity without being called out.

Edited by Bugg, 25 January 2013 - 08:28 AM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#25 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Douchebagery aside, it's not his fault our collective fan-base has the emotional fortitude of an unmarried woman turning thirty.

Bwahahahhahahahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users