Sheldon Richardson demands 100mill For Mo!

Jetsbb

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-wilkerson-deserves-mo-money-sheldon-richardson-article-1.2252659

You thought Revis was bad? Now imagine the pain in the ass Sheldon will be when he is up for an extension. He just recently said he was the best player in the NFL and you just know he will demand to be the most paid player in the NFL. Jets should just resign Snacks knowing keeping Sheldon will be next to impossible. This is what you get for drafting defensive linemen in the first round every year.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-wilkerson-deserves-mo-money-sheldon-richardson-article-1.2252659

You thought Revis was bad? Now imagine the pain in the ass Sheldon will be when he is up for an extension. He just recently said he was the best player in the NFL and you just know he will demand to be the most paid player in the NFL. Jets should just resign Snacks knowing keeping Sheldon will be next to impossible. This is what you get for drafting defensive linemen in the first round every year.

Having more good players than we can keep is just a terrible problem to have. We need to go back to the traditional ways of the Jets, never have any good players, then we can afford to re-sign all of them.

I'm all for every NFL player getting whatever they can...but in a salary capped league, and depending on how the draft plays out etc. and what is available on the open market, sometimes if the player wants some extra $ that doesn't fit into his present teams financial 'plan', they just are going to go somewhere else.  If you're a smart NFL franchise, you get value from a player while you can and then move/retain them if they are an asset to you;  if you're a smart NFL player or their rep, then you get all you can from your present team and recognize when your ends and theirs don't mesh (ala Revis).  We as fans take this much to personally since we connect ourselves at the hip to a team, the players much less so as that may impact their earnings.

The NFL is a business...obviously while Suh was apparently worth $114 mill to the Dolphins, he wasn't to the Lions AT THAT TIME.  It's what it is.

Wilkerson may be worth what he's looking for to another NFL franchise at a different stage of development or cap situation than he is to the NYJ at this juncture...I guess we'll see.

But overpayments are a killer in the NFL, and they aren't always determined by a player's generally accepted worth.  If a team has a plethora of talent at one position, paying market rates for another at that position at the expense of another position is detrimental to producing a total team.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that every NFL player has a different 'worth' to a particular team depending on that team's cap situation and roster situation.  It's life in the present day NFL.

Having more good players than we can keep is just a terrible problem to have. We need to go back to the traditional ways of the Jets, never have any good players, then we can afford to re-sign all of them.

You don't draft a top 15 pick to only get 4 years out of the guy bec you overdrafted the position. You rather 4 years of a great player over 12 years of a very good player in a position of need?

Time for Bowles to tell Sheldon to shut his ******* mouth. Actually, it's already past that time.

Yeah, these friggin' morons are seeing how far they can push the new guys.  I hope they stick a razor sharp machete up their collective asses.  Figuratively speaking, of course.  Well, maybe not.  Sheldon thinks he is sticking it to the man, but the man is going to get his sneakers covered in sh*t shoving them right up Sheldon's ass.  

I've been saying this guy was a loud mouth loser since the last month of 2014. And every time I say anything I get attacked.

Well, has the past 2 weeks opened a few eyes?

He's a COMPLETE Rex Ryan guy. And elite talker, and a mediocre performer. 11.5 sacks in your first 32 games. That's doesn't even make him a top 10 DE in this league, not to mention the best overall player.

I'd seriously trade him tomorrow. I'd also jettison Mr Coples. Mo, Snacks and Williams is an elite front 3. Those other 2 'average' linemen can land us some nice picks.

I think New Orleans and Rex's brother would do anything to land this loud mouth fool. And the saints will be a complete train wreck this year. So I'd take a their 2nd round pick in 2016 (which will be top 10) and a conditional 2017.

Send a message to this team that the Rex era has ended. Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking. You want 100 million, put up two JJ Watt type season and in 2017 you'll get it. Wilkerson had his chance. He didn't earn it. He earned 65-70 million with 40-45 guaranteed.

Give Bowles and Macc time. They will repair the damage that has been done by Tanny, Rex and Idzik. I assure you of one thing. If we go 8-8 there won't be any Gatorade baths on the sideline with our new HC in charge.

Co-sign.

I've been saying this guy was a loud mouth loser since the last month of 2014. And every time I say anything I get attacked.

He's a COMPLETE Rex Ryan guy. And elite talker, and a mediocre performer. 11.5 sacks in your first 32 games. That's doesn't even make him a top 10 DE in this league, not to mention the best overall player.

I'd seriously trade him tomorrow. I'd also jettison Mr Coples. Mo, Snacks and Williams is an elite front 3. Those other 2 'average' linemen can land us some nice picks.

I think New Orleans and Rex's brother would do anything to land this loud mouth fool. And the saints will be a complete train wreck this year. So I'd take a their 2nd round pick in 2016 (which will be top 10) and a conditional 2017.

Send a message to this team that the Rex era has ended. Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking. You want 100 million, put up two JJ Watt type season and in 2017 you'll get it. Wilkerson had his chance. He didn't earn it. He earned 65-70 million with 40-45 guaranteed.

Give Bowles and Macc time. They will repair the damage that has been done by Tanny, Rex and Idzik. I assure you of one thing. If we go 8-8 there won't be any Gatorade baths on the sideline with our new HC in charge.

Strong take, this guy gets it

The Williams pick is looking better and better! Don't back the truck up but you are gonna have to over pay big Mo a bit. It's just the nature of the game. Richardson is gonna be impossible in a couple of years. Although he is a lil bit better than Mo, big Mo is the better teammate and better leader. If you don't get Mo locked up soon you risk losing them both

loudmouth? sure. loser? come on.thats why you get attacked

And elite talker, and a mediocre performer. 11.5 sacks in your first 32 games

you do realize he plays a 3-4 end,right? rushing the passer is not his only gig. I see absolutely nothing mediocre about Sheldon Richardson

I'd also jettison Mr Coples

he plays olb.

Mo, Snacks and Williams is an elite front 3

I tend to agree. however Williams is just a sprout and hasn't proven anything yet

Those other 2 'average' linemen

again, these are where the attacks start. you seem to type so matter of factl like. we all know Richardson has a big mouth. so freakin what. until Richardson becomes a problem with the organization ,and stops doing what he does on the field, I could care less what he says.but yea, Richardson is an average, mediocre loser.nice

Common sense says Maccagnan will have to choose between retaining Sheldon or Mo long-term.  Just can't tie up that much money on the d-line.

Then again, with the cap increasing so much, maybe it IS possible?  I have no idea.

If I had to choose between the two, Sheldon is the choice, hands down.  We already have a beast 5 technique to replace Mo in Leonard Williams.

Gun to my head: Mo walks to another team when he's a free agent in either 2016 or 2017 (depending on if he gets tagged).  Sheldon gets a payday in 2-3 years and is a Jet long-term.

if you think Sheldon Richardson isn't a player worth having, let's just say I'm glad you are not making the decisions.

Also, if you think comments like these justify shipping a player out of town, once again I'm glad you are not the one making the decisions.

Some people just cant handle success and let it go to their head.  They think they can say whatever they want  without any repercussions.  I think he'll ask for 200 million when his contract is up.  He's that delusional. Telling the fans to mind their business isn't going to win him the Mr. Congeniality award either.   I started losing respect for this ahole when he started backing up Geno.       

Some people just cant handle success and let it go to their head.  They think they can say whatever they want  without any repercussions.  I think he'll ask for 200 million when his contract is up.  He's that delusional. Telling the fans to mind their business isn't going to win him the Mr. Congeniality award either.   I started losing respect for this ahole when he started backing up Geno.       

He still has two years (I beleive) under contract with the Jets, so I'm not worried about that just yet. I also wont by in to your delusional theory. He's feeling himself, let him. If he needs to do this to go out and produce on the field, I have no problem with it. If he does not produce on the field, then we will not require his services come time to discuss a new contract. I happen to believe he will produce. Besides, do we not hear things like this throughout the league on a daily basis? 

I also don't understand why you have such an overwhelming hatred for Geno Smith, as per the bolded part of your quote. I respect the fac that you may not like him as a player, but this appears to be almost like a deep personal hatred. He isn't even in the topic being discussed and yet you feel the need to bring him up, why?

You serious with this post? If Sheldon becomes the best defensive player in the NFL by his5thseason, it's impossible to resign him? Why? We can't pay $16mil a year but can pay 12?

I'd love to pay him the highest dollar if he's the best player in the league. Remember when we did that with the best CB possibly ever n ended up with a big hole in the wall secondary as his replacement was Milliner?

The Williams pick is looking better and better! Don't back the truck up but you are gonna have to over pay big Mo a bit. It's just the nature of the game. Richardson is gonna be impossible in a couple of years. Although he is a lil bit better than Mo, big Mo is the better teammate and better leader. If you don't get Mo locked up soon you risk losing them both

Lol there's no way we're losing both. You don't diminish your strength cuz u feel like overpaying g for the secondary.

You're a joker with comments such as he's it a top 10 DE cuz he had 11 sacks in 2 yrs. he's a DE in a 34 D. His job is to engage two blockers n free up the LBs in most cases. He won't put up 20 sacks a year unless we change the scheme.

Archived