Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

They cut Fitz because he had a broken leg and they wanted to go younger at the position.  And we'd literally sh*t ourselves if we ever had a QB with a 6-TD game. 

Matt Flynn had a 6 TD game.  Pretty sure AJ Feeley did too.  An anomoly is one thing, Fitz has a track record of suckiness everywhere he went.  Hell his own GM was outed publicly on a phone call thinking he was talking to another GM about how "you need a QB to win in the NFL" when Fitz was his new recently way overpaid QB.  Fitz sucks.  He always has and it's been years.  Fitz does not make this team better than Geno.  If you believe that you've been living in a dream world. 

• Upvote 1

No, he has not.  The Titans were f*ckin terrible.  The Bills outside of some nice moments were terrible too.  You underestimate just how lucky our QB's have been to put in the situations they are.  While teams around the NFL routinely allow 20+ points a game and it becomes a normal reality, with QB's setting records left and right, our defenses have at least kept teams in check, if not been straight up dominant.  Just because our D's in '13 and 14 weren't on the level of '09 and '10 doesn't mean they were bad defenses.  The Titans were among the worst in the NFL and the Bills weren't far off until Schwartz came along.

had a chance in Houston last year and w/ Buffalo.  failed each time.

They cut Fitz because he had a broken leg and they wanted to go younger at the position. And we'd literally sh*t ourselves if we ever had a QB with a 6-TD game.

I was at my nephews christening when Favre did it against the Cards.

Try explaining that one to the family.

• Upvote 1

I don't really understand what you aren't grasping here. Geno was outplaying Fitzpatrick in camp. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. 

the reps weren't split evenly they stacked the competition for Geno, just like last year and the year before. In a real, 50/50 split, where each plays with the 1's, fitz beats geno every time. 

Geno is the hopeful choice. You start this guy because you hope he turns into something. I'm done hoping. 30+ games I've seen enough. 

His own teammate just punched him in the jaw, and it seems his teammates didn't defend him until the punch was thrown. He misses meetings and pouts on the sidelines. He turns the ball over like its his job. The jury has come back and agrees with me that a good backup QB is the better choice for this team, this year. In 2016 we reevaluate our QB situation.

Stop speculating u weren't there . Don't pretend to know what happen so u can use it to judge his character

He could have easily named Fitz the starter or at the least gave an open competition.  Fitz is healthy enough to compete.  So why is Geno the starter?  BUF canned Manuel when their only other options are Cassell and Tyrod something or other.  They have zero allegiances to Geno, and clearly neither does the fanbase. They didn't name Geno the starter because they felt they had no choice or because they felt cornered into it, they did so because they felt he was the best QB on the team.  And they said so repeatedly.  So if you think that Geno being hurt is a blessing because now suddenly we have a good QB, then you seriously have to question the intelligence of our front office, because they didn't agree with you at all. 

Naming Fitz the starter before he ever threw a pass would have put pressure on Ryan and demotivated Geno, not a good move a GM or HC would make.

You stick by the incumbent, you let camp and a few preseason games happen, then you make a decision.  For all we know, Ryan was moving up the depth chart and Geno down it.  What you read in the press and what you hear in quotes are often just ways to make a shaky QB feel some love and give him the best opportunity to resurrect his career.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I wonder if there an issue between the offense and the defense over something like this.  It will interesting to see what comes out over the next few days.  Thank God they finally get to line up against an opposing team on Thursday. 

They cut Fitz because he had a broken leg and they wanted to go younger at the position.  And we'd literally sh*t ourselves if we ever had a QB with a 6-TD game. 

we had one in 2008 and that QB cost us a division title.

Houston was 6-6 w/ Fitz, 3-1 w/ other QBs

What the f*ck is a dickpod lmao? Is that what they call the aids in your retirement center? Remember gramps, they're just trying to help you.

Dickpod is your new screenname.   Now go away and get yourself a dicktionary so you can understand the true nature of your miserable being.

I like wins over fantasy #s.

you do? because geno gave us a whopping 3 last year.

anyway i just saw that your post stating that if we had mark sanchez we'd be superbowl bound. lol. you are delusional and any opinion you have on qb's from here on forward should be auto-deleted

They cut him for Bryan Hoyer and Ryan Mallett.  He broke a bone in his leg, he's already ready to go now.  It's not like they thought his injury was long term.  Hell they didn't even keep him around to mentor their scrap heap of kids they're rolling out. 

Naming Fitz the starter before he ever threw a pass would have put pressure on Ryan and demotivated Geno, not a good move a GM or HC would make.

You stick by the incumbent, you let camp and a few preseason games happen, then you make a decision. For all we know, Ryan was moving up the depth chart and Geno down it. What you read in the press and what you hear in quotes are often just ways to make a shaky QB feel some love and give him the best opportunity to resurrect his career.

SAR I

Yes so Bowles said he is night and day in training camp compared to mini Camp. Sound like he was moving down alright

I'm thinking Tyler Thigpen.  Thigpen has familiarity with Chan Gailey when Chan was the Chiefs' OC in 2008.  Thigpen had 18 TD's and 12 INT's that year in Chan's system.  It was his last season as a starting QB.  He was also a backup for the Bills under Gailey in 2011 and 12.  Not to mention, he also was on the Dolphins in 2010, when Todd Bowles was the secondary coach and just 1 year away from being named the Miami interim HC.

He's terrible but at this late stage, you at least need someone who wouldn't need a lot of time to get up to speed.

I thought the Jets would bring Thigpen in this off-season but wondered if they didn't because he had an arrest late in the season...DUI?

Somebody make a call to Tampa! 

Greatness works in mysterious ways! 

Seriously though, IK just threw his career away and our season could be in the crapper. I dont believe in Fitz at all. 

LOL...one of the first thoughts I had when the news broke.

you do? because geno gave us a whopping 3 last year.

anyway i just saw that your post stating that if we had mark sanchez we'd be superbowl bound. lol. you are delusional and any opinion you have on qb's from here on forward should be auto-deleted

Geno sucked last year as did the entire team but 2 years ago he started 8 wins, the most for Fitz in his career has been 6.

Somebody make a call to Tampa!

Greatness works in mysterious ways!

Seriously though, IK just threw his career away and our season could be in the crapper. I dont believe in Fitz at all.

Agreed lost a good potential pass rusher and ur starting QB.. Both guys where having good camps from the reports

They cut him for Bryan Hoyer and Ryan Mallett. He broke a bone in his leg, he's already ready to go now. It's not like they thought his injury was long term. Hell they didn't even keep him around to mentor their scrap heap of kids they're rolling out.

In fairness, they'd rightfully be called out as dicks if they kept him around to mentor kids just to cut him and have very slim pickings looking for a job this time of year.

I also think Geno was named the starter because of a combo of him being the starter last year and Fitz not physically ready in the spring. Call it politics and circumstance.

So what is GM Villian offering for MG??

LOL...one of the first thoughts I had when the news broke.

This is some serious bullsh*t though. All I did was go to the gym. I get back home 2 hours later and my Football enjoyment for the season is already down the toiletbowl. 

I should have never left the damn house.