Sanchez done in Denver?

AFJF

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Jets ruined him. He took us to two straight AFC championships. I have no idea how the Hall of Fame committee is going to look upon it, but I hope they take these things into consideration. He deserves at least that much. White pants. GQ.

The Jets gave him every chance in the world to succeed. 62 starts. Nobody ruined him he's not a baby. He's the one who turns the ball over not the coaches. But he'll get a job, if not Denver another team but not us!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If I mention PSLs do you think we can get a response from SAR I on this thread?

"PSLs are bad"

In August 2011 no one was complaining about Mark Sanchez. He looked to be, by all accounts, a poised young 24-year-old ready to take the next step and become a franchise quarterback. What the Jets did to him, specifically Rex Ryan, is well documented and no need to repeat here.   Whether compromised by poor weapons, a lack of confidence, or a shoulder wound, Mark Sanchez is clearly done.

What is unfortunate is what might have been had he been supported properly and treated as he should have been after much playoff success, 5 epic last minute comebacks, and that 18-4 stretch which was the best in franchise history.  

PSL's are investment gold. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I admit Sanchez has had a better career than Fitz.  You can figure out the rest.

Neither of their careers are over, however, one of them is the starting QB for a damn talented football team... while the other had the starting job and lost it (to a nobody) before taking a single regular season snap. So, one could argue Sanchez's career is a lot closer to over.

Either way, who gives a ****?

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Neither of their careers are over, however, one of them is the starting QB for a damn talented football team... while the other had the starting job and lost it (to a nobody) before taking a single regular season snap. So, one could argue Sanchez's career is a lot closer to over.

Either way, who gives a ****?

Stop it...you're failing to see what's really going on and you're being manipulated by the media.  With all the information out there, how can you possibly believe Sanchez may not be the starter?

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Dallas, a probably playoff team, is going to start Dak.

Denver, the defending Super Bowl team, is going to start a no-name dude from Northwestern.

But our Jets are too weak-willed to cut bait on Geno Smith and go with Petty as our #2.

Not our starter.  Our #2.

Same ol' Jets.

Well thats what you get when you hire a string of conservative defensive minded head coaches.

I like Mac a lot, far far from sold on Bowles.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

In August 2011 no one was complaining about Mark Sanchez.

Yes, we were.  He was literally carried to those two AFCCG's and it was rather obvious.

The playoffs, he was much better, odd as that is.  Regular season though, he was almost uniformly atrocious.

He looked to be, by all accounts, a poised young 24-year-old ready to take the next step and become a franchise quarterback.

:lol:

What is unfortunate is what might have been had he been supported properly and treated as he should have been after much playoff success, 5 epic last minute comebacks, and that 18-4 stretch which was the best in franchise history.  

He might have been as big a deal as Matt Leinart.  We could only dream.

Hate to burst your bubble mate, but Sanchez was well over-drafted for his experience/production/talent, and it showed.  His first two years, carried by his supporting cast.  Next years, bombed because he never got any better than he was on day 1.  Same bad plays, bad turnovers and poor performance.

Reminds me of Geno, tbqh.  Geno today looks exactly like Geno the first week of his first year.  No better, no worse.

These guys are not franchise QB's and never woulda been, never coulda been and never will be.  They're also rans, over-drafted, and under performing.  Hack is in that mold too, frankly, no chance he was worth a 2nd round pick in the state he is.  Lets hope he works out better than Sanchez (a well documented bust now) and Geno (a bust to everyone but a handful of Jets Fans).

We never draft the legit guys, either we're not in position to do it, lack the sack to pay the price, or think our lolSanchez is already an answer.  Same ol' Jets. 

My opinion on Sanchez was solidified when he signed with the Eagles. He did so almost immediately after being released. He didn't even try to test the market, and as bad as he was there is always a market for a young former first rounder. It was like he wanted to be a backup. Truth be told, I just don't think Mark wants to be a football player, at least for certain he doesn't want to put the work in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he loses a job to a 6th round obscure QB from Northwestern he has hit bottom for sure. But in the NFL any QB with two arms gets another shot- so Mark will live on if let go

I don't know man, this is brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, slats said:

I don't think Geno wants to be on the Jets, either. He doesn't hang with the other QBs, or really much with any of his teammates. He got his jaw broken in that locker room, and no one came to his defense. Contrary to popular belief, he's not stupid. He recognizes where he stands there. He needs a fresh start, and the Jets would be better served carrying a couple QBs under contract into 2017. 

Except if Geno (or any QB) wants to start, the ideal place to be is behind Fitzpatrick who failed to hold the starting job for the five other teams he played for. 

In before someone suggests we should look at Sanchez for the Jets if Denver Cuts him, because "Fitz is sh*t".

Bet Elway is wishing he would have bucked up for Fitz right about now, tbh.

Dallas, a probably playoff team, is going to start Dak.

Denver, the defending Super Bowl team, is going to start a no-name dude from Northwestern.

But our Jets are too weak-willed to cut bait on Geno Smith and go with Petty as our #2.

Not our starter.  Our #2.

Same ol' Jets.

Prescott certainly has shown more this preseason than Petty this or last year. I didn't see Petty vs. Washington, but 2 fumbles can't be good. And his play vs. the Giants was not exactly a resume builder. Have not seen Siemenenenenen play but obviously he impressed them enough to get the nod, something Petty has not yet done, and Geno has done once, but kind of by default, not spectacularly or even convincingly.

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Made more money, made the playoffs, won playoff games, made the NFL's final 4 twice in a row helping his team win in the process.

If you don't think that's a better career than 1 season with more than 7 wins then "ahahahah" indeed.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Made more money, made the playoffs, won playoff games, made the NFL's final 4 twice in a row helping his team win in the process.

If you don't think that's a better career than 1 season with more than 7 wins then "ahahahah" indeed.

"helping" his team win. That's like crediting the Cavs title to Matthew Delavedova. Except the Cavs, you know, won something.

41 minutes ago, Pac said:

NFL's final four?  Not even a thing. 

8 hours ago, isired said:

SAR loved Leinart; he was SAR's Patrick Ramsey.

Ah.  I'm rarely right when it comes to QBs but I had Leinart pegged as a bust and was very happy we avoided that train-wreck.  I distinctly remember Gary Myers giving the Jets a lot of flak for not picking Leinart.  He excoriated the Jets for that and I made sure to remind him of it in comments to his article for years after. :)

Sanchez isn't going anywhere. in fact, he's going to do well in Denver for the same reasons he did well with the Jets in years 1 and 2: he doesn't have to do anything. Denver's got a great defense and OL, like the Jets had in those years. Peyton Manning didn't have to do much last year, did he? In the playoffs, his defense scored most of the team's points and forced turnovers that were converted into FGs. It would be the same thing for Sanchez. All he has to do is not screw up. 

19 hours ago, CaliforniaJet said:

We are cutting a QB, Jets are not going with 4 QBs into the season. My guess is Geno will be the cut, they still have time. 

There's still a week left before someone knocks Geno out and he's put on PUP list (putz unable to perform list). If he gets through the week then see if we can get something- anything (7th round pick in 21018). If no buyers, Cut, slice, dice, purée his azz out of here. 

21 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Sanchez isn't going anywhere. in fact, he's going to do well in Denver for the same reasons he did well with the Jets in years 1 and 2: he doesn't have to do anything. Denver's got a great defense and OL, like the Jets had in those years. Peyton Manning didn't have to do much last year, did he? In the playoffs, his defense scored most of the team's points and forced turnovers that were converted into FGs. It would be the same thing for Sanchez. All he has to do is not screw up. 

1.  The Broncos need a game manager, not a gunslinger turnover machine who doesn't throw TD's.  While Tannenbaum/Rex were too late in figuring this out, John Elway will not be.  The offense did "just enough" with Peyton because at the very least, Peyton knows how to run an offense effectively and deceive defenses, even with his arm strength completely gone.  Sanchez has no capability of running an effective offense.  When it comes to pre-snap decisions, Peyton was a supercomputer, while Sanchez is a Commodore C64. 

2.  The Broncos now consider Siemian and Sanchez to be about even.  If not, they view Siemian as better.  This is where finances come into play.  Siemian is cheap.  And by cutting Sanchez, they save $3.5M.  This is no small thing for a team that has very limited cap space. 

3.  He WILL screw up.  Elway knows this.  By now, in Year 7 of his career, EVERYONE knows this. 

I was somewhat surprised by the way the Broncos handled the Qb position this off season.  Hard to say given that they did not really pursue some other vet Qb perhaps even by trade, but at the time I didn't think they were really thinking Sanchez would be their starter.

Then it looked like he would be.  But now it's back to the original view.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I was somewhat surprised by the way the Broncos handled the Qb position this off season.  Hard to say given that they did not really pursue some other vet Qb perhaps even by trade, but at the time I didn't think they were really thinking Sanchez would be their starter.

Then it looked like he would be.  But now it's back to the original view.

If only a conquering hero, savvy vet QB were available for them to pursue.  They looked at the Vet QB's available and saw a steaming pile of horsesh-t.

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

If only a conquering hero, savvy vet QB were available for them to pursue.  They looked at the Vet QB's available and saw a steaming pile of horsesh-t.

1.  They needed 2 QB's.  So even when they'd paid Sanchez $4M, they were offering Fitz $7M.  They viewed Sanchez as a backup.

2.  They drafted a QB in the first round.  It made perfect sense that they only needed a "hold the fort" guy.  Very different situation from us, who drafted 2 project QB's.

3.  Having said that, Sanchez couldn't even "hold the fort".  Fitzpatrick is an unquestioned starter this year.  Yet you view Sanchez as the equal or better QB.  Fitz has been a starter in this league for the better part of a decade and is coming off a season where he threw for 4,000+ yards, 31 TD's and was a top 5 reason we won 10 games.  Multiple franchises now view Sanchez as a clipboard carrier, and not even a good one considering he might be unemployed tomorrow.  Pretty significant difference there.

On Boomer and Carton this morning, Cowher, after a pause did not think the Jets would make the playoffs this year. Defense could be dominant, but the schedule is too hard, and if you think about it the AFC looks pretty tough-KC, NE, Steeler, Broncos,Ravens, Houston will be better, Raiders could be better, Jax improving, Titans potentially.  That being said, there are surprises in the Playoffs every year.

But in any event, the Jets need to continue to build to compete.  4 QBs seem luxurious given the potential at WR.

It will be the OL that is the ultimate reason the Jets stumble this year.

Archived