Theoretical scenario: would you trade a 1st & 4th rounder (both for next year) to the Vikings for Sam Bradford?

TuscanyTile2

Sam Bradford is fool's gold, he's going to get hurt again eventually 

the reason why the Vikings made this desperation deal is because they are opening a new stadium. Not that different than when the jets went all in for Sanchez to sell PSL's. You can't open a new stadium to fans with bags on their heads. 

Remember the NFL isn't about winning it's about entertaining. It's not like winning gets you a bigger chunk of the multi-billion dollar tv revenues. 31 teams are going to lose every year the question is, did the fans have a decent ride? If so they will be back. 

I think that Bradford (not because of just two games either) is better than Teddy and Fitz. But obviously you'd  have to see how Bradford does the rest of the year and Fitz too. I'm not counting Fitz out despite his worst game ever following a great game. Of course you'd have to pay Bradford franchise Qb money. But a 1st and a 4th is a good deal for a franchise Qb and these guys are usually not available. So right now hard to say but I think the Vikings made a smart transaction and at least tried to save a season. 

Not a chance i would make that trade. Bradford is injury prone and expensive. What happens if he gets busted up and we end up with a top 10 pick in the draft, instead of potentially getting our franchise QB or a top notch CB prospect and a fourth rounder to boot now we are stuck with Bradford.

Right now the Bradford deal looks like a great transaction for both franchises and everyone is happy. That is right now. The Vikings because Bradford has picked up their system fast looks good and they've won 2 games out of 2 with him. And Philly because it gave Wentz a chance to play and so far he looks ready to be a franchise Qb now. And they're winning games that no one thought they'd win. So the perfect trade so far. 

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Sam Bradford is fool's gold, he's going to get hurt again eventually 

the reason why the Vikings made this desperation deal is because they are opening a new stadium. Not that different than when the jets went all in for Sanchez to sell PSL's. You can't open a new stadium to fans with bags on their heads. 

Remember the NFL isn't about winning it's about entertaining. It's not like winning gets you a bigger chunk of the multi-billion dollar tv revenues. 31 teams are going to lose every year the question is, did the fans have a decent ride? If so they will be back. 

Winning makes you a sh*t ton of money. 

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you were Macc and Vikes offered Sam Bradford for a 1st & 4th rounder, would you make the deal?

You know that headache feeling you get behind your eye when you eat really cold ice cream?  Yeah, so that just happened.....

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Since you're making predictions, will they lose for the 5th time?

They'll probably win it. It's looking like the Vikings are hitting on all cylinders on defense and their offense is respectable enough to cap games. I dont like Sam Bradford, but Sam Bradford never really had targets in St. Louis and most of the time he was injured. He went to Philly, a team that had the most overrated coach I've ever seen in Chip Kelly and outside of Jordan Matthews he had no targets and Chip couldnt figure out the type of running back he needed to compliment his offense. 

Sam finds himself in Minnesota that has a respectable offensive line, running backs that can hold the Fort while Peterson gets healthy and Stephon Diggs is an up can coming beast of a WR coming out of Maryland. And outside of Denver, what defense can even be considered elite now if its not Minnesota? Also, Mike Zimmer is a pretty good coach. 

Sam Bradford has a serious opportunity to win a superbowl. Its crazy but as a complete unit the best team in football are the Minnesota Vikings imo. 

If the Vikings are in the SB no one should be surprised. 

Archived