Rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets on Sunday

JoJoTownsell1

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am a homer Jets fan. The guy that always thinks we are going 12-4 before the season starts. The guy that defends Geno or Fitz if they are our QB heading into the season. I mock SOJF's that whine about every Jets move. 

But this Sunday, I will be rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets. I am rooting for Fitz to be awful and for Bowles to be forced to explain why he thought Fitz was the right choice over Petty. Would I like to see some of our kids play well? Of course. But sometimes you need to hit rock bottom for the organization to realize the head coach is a moron and move in a new direction. 

I'm at the point I don't give a sh*t either way.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I'm just not one of the guys that buy the "this will hurt his development".  If he can't handle the NFL mentally, he can't handle it, doesn't matter when he plays or how bad the team is that he plays on.  I get it with the 1st year, but 2nd year and beyond its crap imo.   What putting him in against the Pats can do for him, is give him valuable real world experience against one of the best defensive schemers at the pro level.  It will also give him a full 60 minutes of film on himself to break down what he did wrong and associate it back to his real world experience from the game.  It allows him to demonstrate his leadership qualities and get the team behind him and play for him whether they win or lose. We have a ton of young guys hungry to go out there and prove themselves, this is the time to have them build these bonds together.  Playing Fitz does none of this.

For the record, I think Petty is mentally tough and can take losing a few games, maybe even losing some games badly.  I don't think he is made up of the soft sh*t that Cutler for example is made of.  What the kid needs is a vote of confidence and the support around him from the whole organization to say, hey we believe in you, we don't need you to play perfect, go out there and play smart and have fun.  Pretty much we need an organization like the Giants and how they handled Eli when he came in the league.  (not saying Petty would be Eli or even warrants that type of commitment but just look at how Eli played and the Fans treated him the first 2-3 years.  The organization never planted a seed of doubt in his head though and firmly stood by his side.  I just want to see us do that with at least one of these guys.

A million +1's to this. What is going on here is clearly a "cover your own ass" move by Todd Bowltite and can serve no further purpose. I just cannot believe we are such a hot steaming mess yet again.

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I have a memorial to attend for a dear golf friend who passed.   Will have time to see second half perhaps. So....regardless, I'll be participating in an event marking the end of something or someone I admired. 

Sorry about the loss of your buddy.  Only positive on his passing is that he will miss the remainder of our season.  Seriously, RIP to your friend.

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Rooting for the Jets to lose? Please. No way. Never.

Remember the chants for Reggie Bush and all the suck for Luck nonsense? Yeah, both of those scenarios would've worked out great.  I've pretty much lost interest in the season at this juncture, but agreed, I never root for the Jets to lose. I get the logic behind it, but to me that's like spitting on your own floor. The Jets are gonna get shellacked, so anyone who DOES want them to lose is gonna get their wish, anyway.  I guarantee  you that someone on the field is going to start crying from frustration and they won't be wearing a Cheats uniform.

How about this for a scenario that we can ALL get behind?

Fitz gets the start, but sucks so bad we're losing big time early on. So bad that Bowles benches him, and brings in Petty. This has an amazing effect, almost "Miracle in the Meadowlands" scale, and we have an amazing comeback, winning the game (maybe on a pass to an eligible lineman in OT??).

Jets win - check

Pats lose - check

Fitz gets benched (forever) - check

Bowles ... you can either argue he deserves to be fired for starting Fitz, or extended for sparking the win by putting in Petty. Either way, we would need SOMETHING to still argue about, wouldn't we.

Meanwhile, anyone who complains about our worsening draft position gets shouted down / banned. :D 

49 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Remember the chants for Reggie Bush and all the suck for Luck nonsense? Yeah, both of those scenarios would've worked out great.  I've pretty much lost interest in the season at this juncture, but agreed, I never root for the Jets to lose. I get the logic behind it, but to me that's like spitting on your own floor. The Jets are gonna get shellacked, so anyone who DOES want them to lose is gonna get their wish, anyway.  I guarantee  you that someone on the field is going to start crying from frustration and they won't be wearing a Cheats uniform.

Not true. Brady cries and bitches every single game regardless of outcome. 

6 minutes ago, bassmaster2 said:

The only reason to watch the game is the hope the Jets knock Brady out of the game,all real Jet fans hate the Pats

While I never root for injuries against any player, it would make watching this game worth it to rough up TB and watch him beg for flags.  our d line can do it if motivated properly imo.

20 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am a homer Jets fan. The guy that always thinks we are going 12-4 before the season starts. The guy that defends Geno or Fitz if they are our QB heading into the season. I mock SOJF's that whine about every Jets move. 

But this Sunday, I will be rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets. I am rooting for Fitz to be awful and for Bowles to be forced to explain why he thought Fitz was the right choice over Petty. Would I like to see some of our kids play well? Of course. But sometimes you need to hit rock bottom for the organization to realize the head coach is a moron and move in a new direction. 

I totally disagree with this premise and would never root for NEP to beat us ever. Decisions about 2017 will come after the season. Fitz will not be on board next season. They know this already. The FO and CS does not need a slap in the face to understand it. They know what happened two seasons ago and it could happen to them. 

Pats have zero pass rush, Fitz actually plays well vs Pats for some reason (comfort playing AFC East teams?), no Gronk, Branch was suspended (only big run stuffer they have), no Collins who was the only guy that gave us trouble, Brandon owns the Tiny Butler, Forte & Powell will make huge plays in the spread out of the backfield.

The only real issue in this game is can the Jets get off the field on 3rd down? The Pats just don't make a lot of plays DOWN THE FIELD, which makes the field maybe small enough for the Jets to cover every now & again.

Pats offense is a juggernaut, their defense is totally eh, like NIGHT & DAY compared to the Rams, Seattle ect. I actually can see the Jets offense control the clock on Sunday. Pats like making you inch your way down the field & force a mistake or keep you to a FG. If Fitz gets no pass rush he'll find guys open, it's about protecting the ball & converting TDs in the redzone.

Because the Pats pass rush STINKS, this game will be closer than people think. It's one of those games where fans of other teams see the score flash on the board & say "holy sh*t Jets are right there with the Pats".

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

How about this for a scenario that we can ALL get behind?

Fitz gets the start, but sucks so bad we're losing big time early on. So bad that Bowles benches him, and brings in Petty. This has an amazing effect, almost "Miracle in the Meadowlands" scale, and we have an amazing comeback, winning the game (maybe on a pass to an eligible lineman in OT??).

Jets win - check

Pats lose - check

Fitz gets benched (forever) - check

Bowles ... you can either argue he deserves to be fired for starting Fitz, or extended for sparking the win by putting in Petty. Either way, we would need SOMETHING to still argue about, wouldn't we.

Meanwhile, anyone who complains about our worsening draft position gets shouted down / banned. :D 

That works for me. But I don't see Fitz getting benched. Bowles has a man-crush.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I totally disagree with this premise and would never root for NEP to beat us ever. Decisions about 2017 will come after the season. Fitz will not be on board next season. They know this already. The FO and CS does not need a slap in the face to understand it. They know what happened two seasons ago and it could happen to them. 

Right, and you should know that if Fitz plays well on Sunday and we manage to beat the Pats we won't see Petty or Hack the rest of the year. We will watch the future backup QB for some random team. YAY!!!

What other team in the NFL is starting a QB they KNOW will not be with them next year? Maybe the Bears because both of their QBs will be gone next year. Maybe the 49ers who are also going to clean house. Maybe the Cards, but they are still fighting for a playoff spot.

So it's just the Jets who are opting to start a bad QB that is old and gone after the season despite having 2 young QBs who could be getting valuable reps in practice and in game action. 

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Right, and you should know that if Fitz plays well on Sunday and we manage to beat the Pats we won't see Petty or Hack the rest of the year. We will watch the future backup QB for some random team. YAY!!!

What other team in the NFL is starting a QB they KNOW will not be with them next year? Maybe the Bears because both of their QBs will be gone next year. Maybe the 49ers who are also going to clean house. Maybe the Cards, but they are still fighting for a playoff spot.

So it's just the Jets who are opting to start a bad QB that is old and gone after the season despite having 2 young QBs who could be getting valuable reps in practice and in game action. 

I think if we win (which I hope we do) and then beat the Colts they stick with Fitz until he loses You don't want the players to think the org doesn't want to win these games. Many of these guys will be back next season and you want to build a winning philosophy. But I'm pretty sure Petty will end up getting 2-4 starts. 

22 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Thanksgiving "butt fumble" game where the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets. I am hoping for 45-3 or something to that effect. I hope Fitz throws at least three more picks - one pick six - and gets sacked silly. Every good Pats play is a nail in Blowes coffin. And I am hoping for A LOT OF THOSE.

Mall Santa

23 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Thanksgiving "butt fumble" game where the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets. I am hoping for 45-3 or something to that effect. I hope Fitz throws at least three more picks - one pick six - and gets sacked silly. Every good Pats play is a nail in Blowes coffin. And I am hoping for A LOT OF THOSE.

I never ever root for the Jets to lose but this is one time where life lessons need to be taught and learned, our head coach is a moron our starting QB sucks our GM is a clown and the owner needs to be publicly humiliated beyond imaginable with a loss and a stadium full of Patriots fans.  

DAMMIT this organization has tuned me into a bitter person and more importantly a bad fan. 

23 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Best of luck with that.  

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Pats have zero pass rush, Fitz actually plays well vs Pats for some reason (comfort playing AFC East teams?),

Because the Pats pass rush STINKS, this game will be closer than people think. It's one of those games where fans of other teams see the score flash on the board & say "holy sh*t Jets are right there with the Pats".

From an X and O standpoint, this game is a bad mismatch.  Even if we were playing well, we have absolutely no one that can cover Edelman, Gronk or Bennet.  We can take away Chris Hogan/Mitchell (their deep threats) with Revis, but Skrine on Edelman is a bad mismatch, and so is any combination of our safeties/lbers against their TE's.  Lee might, *might* be able to somewhat contain Dion Lewis.  Also their Oline has been playing very well this year, and so while I expect we beat them on the line of scrimmage, it will be hard not to gas once they finally get rolling and our big guys are sucking wind.

Meanwhile the NE secondary is pretty good, particularly their safeties which are amongst the best in the league.  They'll put Butler on Marshall with safety help, and then its all about if Enunwa can generate a 100+ yard game against pretty decent coverage.  Without Collins, we might be able to get Powell/Forte into a mismatch with one of their slower lbers.  That will help. Meanwhile without Branch we might be able to get some running lanes, but they have excellent run support from all three defensive levels and they set the edge well.  Their pass rush is actually underrated, as they get sneaky sacks all the time.  They don't have a dominant pass rusher anymore, so its not in your face, but they routinely generate sacks when you least expect it.

I think we'll be able to keep it close for awhile, but once it breaks NE's way, they're liable to put up a lot of points in a hurry.  It will be a hard day unless everyone gives 100%

Archived