Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

Matt39

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/02/16/jets-player-former-pitt-star-darrelle-revis-hurt-in-south-side-fight/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — New York Jets cornerback and former Pitt star Darrelle Revis has been injured after getting into an altercation on the South Side and police say charges against him are pending.

The 31-year-old NFL star’s lawyer told KDKA-TV he was assaulted by a group of five people when he came home to visit family and friends this weekend.

STATEMENT BY BLAINE JONES LAW, Representing Darrelle Revis: 

Mr. Revis came home to Pittsburgh this past weekend to visit family and friends. During that time Mr. Revis went by a location in the Southside that he is in the process of developing. Mr. Revis was physically assaulted while at that location by a group of at least 5 people. Mr. Revis feared for his safety and retreated from the aggressors. Mr. Revis was not arrested after this incident. Mr. Revis sought medical attention as a result of the aforementioned attack.

Pittsburgh police say the incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. Monday near the intersection of South 23rd and East Carson Street.

Investigators say a 22-year-old male from Kittanning was walking along E. Carson Street when he spotted a male who resembled NFL star Darrelle Revis. He asked if the man was Darrell Revis and he confirmed that he was.

That person then began following him and recording him.

Police say Revis allegedly snatched the cellphone away and attempted to delete the video. Another 21-year-old male from Ross Township attempted to help the 22-year-old get the cellphone back.

That is when Revis allegedly tossed the phone into the street.

The three men began arguing and a fourth man come to assist Revis.

Both the 22-year-old and the 21-year-old state they were punched then remember waking up to talk to police. Sources say the injured men were taken to the hospital, one with broken bones around his eye.

Officers have reportedly obtained video from a cell phone belonging to one of the victims and confirmed the man involved was Darrelle Revis

Charges pending against Revis include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

22 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

What the hell is going down on the Southside at this time? I'll be going there tonight and Saturday night but it's no where for a prominent person to go to although that area is as commercial as you'll find out there. Too many bars and dance clubs so the possibility of running into a drink or someone trying to finesse you from a lawsuit are sky high.

This, plus, what I he doing in a bad neighborhood at 2:30am wearing nice clothes? May as well wear a sign that says "Rob Me"...

17 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I guess his wrist is all healed up.

There is no way this is a good ending for the Jets akin to the IK situation. One of the few possibilities of playing well next year was a rebound from Revis to at least an average corner/safety.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If Revis gets charged, contract probably becomes voided

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive met Revis numerous times he has always been cordial and talkative.

Many fans just strive on the misfortunes of others. 

I met him the night before the AFC Championship Game in Indianapolis.  Back when he was a player, not a quitter.

And now, apparently, he's a criminal.  And going to jail.

Police say he is being charged with robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.  That sounds like he's creating misfortune for others.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I met him the night before the AFC Championship Game in Indianapolis.  Back when he was a player, not a quitter.

SAR I

He told me he hates sell out fans who sell season tickets to opposing teams fans. 

There are 3 sides to every story right now everything is media speculation hard pressed for you to be the judge and jury. 

joewilly12 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Police say he is being charged with robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.  That sounds like he's creating misfortune for others.

SAR I

Not the first time he's created misfortune for others.

He did that to us for 17 straight weeks last year.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP THE HATE 

One of the best players in NY Jets history. 

Thank you!!!

I didn't even reply to that posters foolishness!!

Why would you hope that another man go to jail when you don't even know all of the facts?

This has nothing to do with being a fan and everything to do with human decency. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He told me he hates sell out fans who sell season tickets to opposing teams fans. 

There are 3 sides to every story right now everything is media speculation hard pressed for you to be the judge and jury. 

joewilly12

"Darrelle The Pittsburgh Terrorist" is going to be the "Geno The Glassjawed Cheapskate" story all winter long. 

Pace yourself.  No need to play the ticket sellout card.  We're just getting started.  Wait until you've made enough bad arguments to paint yourself into a corner again.  Just like the 1977 Jets article backfire, classic.

SAR I

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

This has nothing to do with being a fan and everything to do with human decency. 

What is decent about a man with a net worth of $30 million dollars 1) refusing to make tackles on the football field and 2) picking a fight with a fan on a city street?

When an ex-Jet gets killed by a distracted driver or a road rager with a gun, we immediately are outraged and get angry at the perp, right?  Per the police who have charged Darrelle Revis with robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault, he's the perp.  Yes, let's be decent here.  Let's not pretend that Darelle Revis is some wronged good guy here.  All evidence to the contrary.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Darrelle The Pittsburgh Terrorist" is going to be the "Geno The Glassjawed Cheapskate" story all winter long. 

Pace yourself.  No need to play the ticket sellout card.  We're just getting started.  Wait until you've made enough bad arguments to paint yourself into a corner again.  Just like the 1977 Jets article backfire, classic.

SAR I

This is classic SAR I at its best, early stages of dementia.

I had no agenda when I posted that article from the Daily News only you would see it that way. 

joewilly12 

Archived