KEEP SIGNING NO NAMES!

johnnyjet

I love this move of signing playerswe don't know and one journeyman mentor, just increases the SUCK FOR SAM IN 17 chances.  I have a feeling Bowles is a dead man walking and macagggggs gets extended.  By game 3 Jetlife stadium will be half empty.  

The only way this gets messed up is if the Jets waste a pick on a QB this year.  This is NOT the year to pick a qb.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It Would be hilarious if Darnold decides to stay in college and not declare. It will teach teams not to "suck" for anyone. Then again this is a jets team that would probably want to nosedive 2 consecutive seasons for this dude.

If the jets are trying to suck for him, then their draft picks better be the offensive line this year. 

If Sam doesn't come out I would be completely happy with Rosen. How many years are there 2 potential blue chip qb prospects available? You have to hope atleast 1 of the 2 will be available for us next year, or even better Hack turns into a legit Qb and we are one year ahead in the rebuild.

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It Would be hilarious if Darnold decides to stay in college and not declare. It will teach teams not to "suck" for anyone. Then again this is a jets team that would probably want to nosedive 2 consecutive seasons for this dude.

If the jets are trying to suck for him, then their draft picks better be the offensive line this year. 

Then we taken Rosen and move forward

People were saying the same things about Geno, about Cook from Michigan state last year, about Watson this year, nobody was saying anything about Dak.  Darnold might stay or he might implode, who knows. You draft a QB in the first if you think he's got the ability to be the guy and do so until you're right. 

We've been looking for a QB forever & at the same time ignoring the position.If Macc thinks Trubisky can be a QB in this league give it a go. Nothing else matters & any Jet fan commenting on QBs like their Nostradomus makes me laugh. Show me the posts where you were jonesing for Carr or Dak in past drafts. We need a f*cking QB, so if we take one THIS YEAR and blow, and take another one like Darnold next year we go into 2018 with Trubisky-Darnold-Hackenberg! Best thing that could ever happen to us & greatly enhances our chances for a franchise QB. Talk about competition! This is all about 2019 and beyond or what I like to call after Bellibrady.

Don't people say *every year* that "this QB class is bad, but NEXT year there are all these studs coming out!"  Last year everyone was excited about Watson - and now we're possibly going to get a chance to draft him, and people will say we're reaching.

9 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Don't people say *every year* that "this QB class is bad, but NEXT year there are all these studs coming out!"  Last year everyone was excited about Watson - and now we're possibly going to get a chance to draft him, and people will say we're reaching.

Memory loss

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

We've been looking for a QB forever & at the same time ignoring the position.If Macc thinks Trubisky can be a QB in this league give it a go. Nothing else matters & any Jet fan commenting on QBs like their Nostradomus makes me laugh. Show me the posts where you were jonesing for Carr or Dak in past drafts. We need a f*cking QB, so if we take one THIS YEAR and blow, and take another one like Darnold next year we go into 2018 with Trubisky-Darnold-Hackenberg! Best thing that could ever happen to us & greatly enhances our chances for a franchise QB. Talk about competition! This is all about 2019 and beyond or what I like to call after Bellibrady.

i don't know if tey've been ignoring the position at least since they picked sanchez.  they used 2 second round pics on geno and the hack and the 4th round pick for petty all in the last 8 years.  they've just been unlucky in their choices or the timing was bad.  imagine if sanchez didn't get hurt in the snoopy bowl? geno would never have stated and shown some hope.  but they need a qb and if it's not hack then they have to use high picks to get one.

as for darnold, i just say they need to use caution.  usc does not have a very good track record when it comes to putting out qb's.  remember when leinart was the best?  he stayed in college after his junior year when he would've been the top pick in the draft.  nothing wrong with that except he chose an la party life over the nfl. 

11 minutes ago, thshadow said:

It's amazing, this time last year I was worried Fitz would kill our chances at Watson.  Now it looks like we have a shot at Watson and we're going to Jets it all up and not take a QB.

Watch Darnold stay in school anyway.

3 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

I love this move of signing playerswe don't know and one journeyman mentor, just increases the SUCK FOR SAM IN 17 chances.  I have a feeling Bowles is a dead man walking and macagggggs gets extended.  By game 3 Jetlife stadium will be half empty.  

The only way this gets messed up is if the Jets waste a pick on a QB this year.  This is NOT the year to pick a qb.  

It is brilliant to sign people to new, lucrative contract with the intended purpose of being the worst team in the league. Heaven knows tanking couldn't be accomplished without signing or re-signing these players in the first place.

So I agree with you: Maccagnan is clearly doing this because it's his goal to tank. That's why (before rescinding it) his most recent notable move was to put $11m/yr minimum ($12m+/yr maximum) on the table for Hightower; tried to extend Marshall; tried to extend Clady at starter money; re-signed Ijalana at $5.5m per; guaranteed $12m to Beachum at $8m per; extended Winters at $7.5m per; signed McCown for $6m; signed Claiborne to a show-me contract at $5m; Josh Martin at $4m; plus whatever other signing(s) come up going forward.

It's because he is not only trying to tank, but he's trying to spend another $50m to further this purpose. Other people may think he believes this will help build a winner. We won't be fooled, though, you and I. We know what he's really doing.

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

People were saying the same things about Geno, about Cook from Michigan state last year, about Watson this year, nobody was saying anything about Dak.  Darnold might stay or he might implode, who knows. You draft a QB in the first if you think he's got the ability to be the guy and do so until you're right. 

Ummm I never wanted anything to do with any of those QB's ever including when everyone else was saying can't wait for them to be the next big QB the year before their draft eligibility.  Oh, and I did nothing but pound the table for Dak like I'm pounding the table for either Mahomes, or Darnold.  So retract your Nobody.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Sift through the draft thread, I so wanted Dak!

4 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Tanking is very risky (especially when you consider the Jets always find a way to win meaningless games at the end of the season).

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Agreed. If we're truly in "re-build" mode, then why aren't more people talking about us drafting a LT? Not sure how many 1st round caliber Tackles are out there, but building the O-line is the proper way to go about it.

8 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Agreed. If we're truly in "re-build" mode, then why aren't more people talking about us drafting a LT? Not sure how many 1st round caliber Tackles are out there, but building the O-line is the proper way to go about it.

there are no OT prospects worth the 6 pick this year. Bolles is 25 and Ramzyck has hip injury stuff still not working out. 

There are decent G prospects but that doesn't help this team too much 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Words hurt sometimes

45 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

There are some solid Tackles and guards this season. Even a few guards that have been stated to have the ability to convert over to Center as well. 

If the Jets traded down from the #6 pick into the late teens and picked up another 2nd or 3rd rounder and just went out and picked up nothing but fatties with all their 3 round picks, I wouldnt mind. 

All of the sexy picks wont matter if our new RB has no Oline to block and our QB is injured and on IR because we have revolving doors as linemen. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Ummm I never wanted anything to do with any of those QB's ever including when everyone else was saying can't wait for them to be the next big QB the year before their draft eligibility.  Oh, and I did nothing but pound the table for Dak like I'm pounding the table for either Mahomes, or Darnold.  So retract your Nobody.

Unless you were "pounding the table" for Dak as a top three pick, this is all lip-service, er finger-service. Either you feel a QB is a franchise guy and you draft him in the first, or you are throwing pasta against the wall and "drafting a developmental guy in the mid-round." Because if you knew Dak was going to be Dak, there's no way you let him get passed whatever your first pick is.  And if you wanted him with our first pick, bravo. But contextually, I thought it was pretty clear the point I was making was pretty hyperbolic. 

25 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Unless you were "pounding the table" for Dak as a top three pick, this is all lip-service, er finger-service. Either you feel a QB is a franchise guy and you draft him in the first, or you are throwing pasta against the wall and "drafting a developmental guy in the mid-round." Because if you knew Dak was going to be Dak, there's no way you let him get passed whatever your first pick is.  And if you wanted him with our first pick, bravo. But contextually, I thought it was pretty clear the point I was making was pretty hyperbolic. 

Such a great point. No way in hell was he saying draft him in the 1st OR 2nd round, so just like everyone who does mocks he got lucky say the name Dak Prescott. Its like Russell Wilson, if it leaked that Bradway was ALL OVER Wilson & we picked him in the 1st round (20/20 being what it is it would have been the Jets best draft pick since Namath), Jet fans would have LOST THEIR SH*T though Roger Goodell came to the podium in the 1st round & said "With the 16th pick in the 2012 draft the NY Jets select Russell Wilson Quarterback Wisconsin" LOL! I could just hear the boos & shaking heads, laughing.

That's why I don't give a sh*t anymore! Pick a freaking QB in round 1 & 2 for god sakes! Its not even WORTH watching anymore unless we find even a COMPETENT QB, the guy doesn't have to be a freaking superstar, just somebody who can take a snap, throw in the rain, run a bit & protect the stupid ball.

7 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Bowles should not be a dead man walking if the GM is intentionally picking personnel that will keep the Jets from playing competitive football.  

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Such a great point. No way in hell was he saying draft him in the 1st OR 2nd round, so just like everyone who does mocks he got lucky say the name Dak Prescott. Its like Russell Wilson, if it leaked that Bradway was ALL OVER Wilson & we picked him in the 1st round (20/20 being what it is it would have been the Jets best draft pick since Namath), Jet fans would have LOST THEIR SH*T though Roger Goodell came to the podium in the 1st round & said "With the 16th pick in the 2012 draft the NY Jets select Russell Wilson Quarterback Wisconsin" LOL! I could just hear the boos & shaking heads, laughing.

That's why I don't give a sh*t anymore! Pick a freaking QB in round 1 & 2 for god sakes! Its not even WORTH watching anymore unless we find even a COMPETENT QB, the guy doesn't have to be a freaking superstar, just somebody who can take a snap, throw in the rain, run a bit & protect the stupid ball.

2nd round is where I said draft him.

And also thought he wouldn't get past the Broncos in the 1st before he got a DUI for being tired that he was later found not guilty of, and still to this day believe he goes 1st round last year without that incident.

9 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

This is just retarded, I'm sorry.

This is a mulitmillion dollar business. You can't just say "Hey we're gonna suck this year, so we (hopefully) get this kid in college who's going to save our franchise, okay?" You can call it a rebuilding year or whatever, you can focus your  resources down the road, but you still have to field an at least competitive NFL team out there.

McCown isn't part of "Sucking for Sam" - he's a solid, affordable warm body that will hopefully keep us in a few games as we bridge towards the future. No one in good conscience can ever be part of an effort to make their team suck.

You may be right that there are no top-10 QBs this year, but I am fine with them taking yet another. Dak was taken in the 4th round last year. Who knows.

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So you'd rather bring in journeyman QBs for the next decade?

You suck for Sam and settle for Rosen or an elite left tackle or pass rusher.

Even if our pick ends up being a bust it was still the right move to tank this year. We weren't going anywhere anyway. Only those people stuck with season tickets wanted this team team to spend money on high priced free agents this year to put a meaningless yet competitive product on the field.

Archived