NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,379 topics in this forum

• 125 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 32 replies
  1. Jets Sign 2 And Cut 2

• 4 replies
  2. hey mangidiot.......

• 20 replies
    • 8 replies
  3. Beanie Wells

• 19 replies
  4. Monday Player Interviews

• 0 replies
  5. Mike Nugent is the man!!! 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 20 replies
  6. Went To Hofstra Today 1 2 3

• 104 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 25 replies
  7. fire mangina

• 6 replies
  8. Goal line RB. 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 9 replies
  9. Anyone still happy...

• 31 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
  10. Resident Dolphin fans

• 0 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  11. Friday Player Interviews

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • What about all the years they took non QBs in the first round and they didn't win with Rodgers? Again, your position is entirely make believe scenarios in your head of what could have happened. Saying they were a player away is nonsense. What matters is today and what actually happened. The Packers are in a great position because they took Love. Saying that's a bad pick is one of the worst takes I think I've seen on this board, ever.
    • I'm not disputing how poorly Zach played and the flaws he has.  Zach might have been able to learn and develop those things if he had not been thrown to the wolves his rookie season, had competent coaching, an offense that was conducive to his skill set, and a veteran QB to mentor him.  He was started immediately with the Jets knowing he had footwork issues, and hadn't developed that poise in the pocket yet.  You're wrong in your statement that Zach can't see the field.  He can very well at times.  He's inconsistent at it.  He was obviously having to think too much even this last year.  Players can't play their best, their fastest, and their natural ability can't shine through when they're having to think too much.  In the offense he played in at BYU, he wasn't really a pocket QB.  He was a bit of a gunslinger.  The Jets tried to make him into a pocket QB and game manager, the total opposite of how he had played at BYU and opposite of his skillset, natural talent, and approach to playing QB.  Saleh hired his best friend's little brother who had never called plays, developed a QB, or been an OC before when he knew the Jets were drafting a QB.  That was totally foolish.  They jerked Zach around with style of play, benching him, then having him play again.  All of that goes on Saleh. Regardless, Zach is gone, and Saleh not once in his career as a HC has he outcoached the opposing HC.  Saleh is too rigid, too conservative, and doesn't put players in the best situation to succeed.  Sauce is a perfect example.  Here's a guy that excels in man coverage, and Saleh has forced him to play strictly zone for the last 2 years.  Sauce is so good that he still made All Pro both seasons, but the opposing teams' top WR was still able to rack up yardage and TDs, and that cost the Jets games, where if Sauce had taken the top WR one-on-one, things could have been very different. Saleh has not been involved in managing the overall team's play, supervised the play calling and game planning and it shows.  The Jets abandon things when they're working, and they often try to go against what the other team's strongest points are rather than taking what the other team gives them.  That's all on Saleh.  The bottom line rests with him.
    • Apparently he should have said "I see myself as the backup to the 2025 or 2026 1st rounder" I think he's going to surprise a lot of Jet fans.  Dude is a football player, through and through.  He's also a leader, and he's insanely talented(not just running the ball).  Oh, and the "weak arm" sh*t is kind of news to me.  He might not have a Josh Allen arm, but he certainly throws well enough to make a living as long as he's accurate and able to read a defense.  
  • Available Subscriptions