Is it time for a logo & uniform change?

CobraVerde

No.  No black uniforms.  They look like costumes for little kids or XFL uniforms for people not good enough to play in the NFL so they have to dress up the team to make up for it.

Our uniforms are great.  The only thing I don't like is when they go all green.  Green tops go with white pants.  While the green pants look better with the white jersey, I like all-white better than that anyway.  So in other words, no green pants at any time.

White jersey white pants.

Green jersey white pants.

No need for silly costumes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. No black uniforms. They look like costumes for little kids or XFL uniforms for people not good enough to play in the NFL so they have to dress up the team to make up for it.

Our uniforms are great. The only thing I don't like is when they go all green. Green tops go with white pants. While the green pants look better with the white jersey, I like all-white better than that anyway. So in other words, no green pants at any time.

White jersey white pants.

Green jersey white pants.

No need for silly costumes.

No white after Labor Day though?

• 8 months later...

look guys...i'm a lifelong jets fan and I have to say our uniforms and helmet could use a reboot.  but changing our colors?  we are green and white dammit!  no black and no silver or gray...green and white like God intended...but yes 100% agree with the need for a new look...ESPECIALLY the helmet.  I mean, what once resembled a football is now just a friggin' oval!  my personal fav is the hunter green helmet with the sleek jets name with the "j" turning into an abstracted plane.  we need to bring the green helmet back.  I think that in itself would change our look dramatically.  as for the uniform...I don't know, maybe some more green lines in the whites?  maybe some different lines in the greens?  the uniforms don't bother me as much as that white helmet!  woody please hear my call!!!

Personally I don't give a rats ass what the uniforms look like as long as it's white/ green. Guess I never noticed. To be honest though sometimes I don't even look at what I got on, so I guess I'm not a fashionista. Sure do like that old school white with green markings. Shows the stains, grass, dirt, blood. Etc. hope we don't go clowning up the uniforms like a bunch teams did.

Oh yeah, let's let Nike ruin us and make us look like an Arena League team like they've done with Jacksonville & Tampa Bay. Or the now Miami Flying Penis'.

Can't wait to see what Denver looks like in 2015 since they're Nike's newest big project.

The love these uniforms get astounds me. The taste these days is awful.

It's bad enough we're now the Army Green Jets (nothing against our armed services). Let's just stay where we are - or take a step back to the old days. Nike couldn't screw those up. Maybe.

Just a wild guess, but any Jets fan that grew up during the late 70's up until the 90's will prefer the unis they wore during those days. Me included. 

Many of those against the old unis say it's because the Jets sucked during that time. Newsflash! The Jets have sucked for 3 out of 4 years they've been around.

I wasn't thrilled when Parcells had the Jets go back to the unis of the Superbowl days.

It's what you were used to seeing.  I can see why everyone is against change.

The least the Jets could do is wear those unis as a throwback once in a while. 

I'd much prefer that than the hideous Titans unis.

Oh yeah, let's let Nike ruin us and make us look like an Arena League team like they've done with Jacksonville & Tampa Bay. Or the now Miami Flying Penis'.

Can't wait to see what Denver looks like in 2015 since they're Nike's newest big project.

The love these uniforms get astounds me. The taste these days is awful.

This

Just a wild guess, but any Jets fan that grew up during the late 70's up until the 90's will prefer the unis they wore during those days. Me included. 

Many of those against the old unis say it's because the Jets sucked during that time. Newsflash! The Jets have sucked for 3 out of 4 years they've been around.

I wasn't thrilled when Parcells had the Jets go back to the unis of the Superbowl days.

Those uniforms were hideous, made worse when Coslet added the black. Yuck.

IIRC, one of the big reasons to change the uniforms back then was to help Richard Todd find his own receivers. At the time, every team in the division (then including the Colts) had white helmets, so the hope was the green would stand out more clearly. I don't think it helped.

One of the best things Parcells did here was change the uniforms back to a modern version of their championship gear. We may be a losing circus of a franchise, but we have some of the classiest uniforms in the league. They should be left alone.

I really like (LOVE!) the all whites, but white/green and especially all green could use a serious upgrade. Don't necessarily have to go black or silver but they just look bad, especially with the multiple shades of green..

New Nike material is lighter but they're more limited with colors. Its why the Bucs just threw swooshes onto their old uniforms

Go back to the Jets unis of the 80s and 90s, but no uniforms have any effect on how the team plays.  That's just silly.

I could see doing that on a throwback Sunday, but not as a new uniform. Really, some of these 'new' uniforms are UGLY as hell. The Bucs look ridiculous as does the two-tone helmet of the Jags, who used to have one of the BEST uniforms. I am not about change for the sake of change and there is no reason to change. Only the Dolphins look at least as good as they did, the rest are awful. Look at the Vikings, they went from decent middle of the road uniforms to something unrecognizable. Losing teams do this to give the fans something to take their mind of the fact their team sucks.

Those uniforms were hideous, made worse when Coslet added the black. Yuck.

IIRC, one of the big reasons to change the uniforms back then was to help Richard Todd find his own receivers. At the time, every team in the division (then including the Colts) had white helmets, so the hope was the green would stand out more clearly. I don't think it helped.

One of the best things Parcells did here was change the uniforms back to a modern version of their championship gear. We may be a losing circus of a franchise, but we have some of the classiest uniforms in the league. They should be left alone.

What got me in the Coslet era was the green pants - HATED IT. Also the black facemask was unnecessary addition. The white was much better.

Please, no horrible uniform changes like what happened to the jags, the Jets basic style is fine, what needs to be changed are Nike's horrendous additions. The nike collar looks stupid, the sleeves keep removing more and more of the secondary color (white on home jerseys, green away) remember when the entire sleeve was white or green and not just the visible outer part of the sleeve (to be fair reebok had something similar but not to this level)? And also, the worst part of the new jersey is the patch on the stomach that is a different color green than the rest of the uniform, what were these designers thinking!?

Leave the uniforms the way they are, if anything simply add an occasional alternate that is not the ugly titans uniform.

Why don't we wait three or four years and let Idzik build the team.  Then if we win a Super Bowl, we

can put this matter on the top of the pile.

I'd agree with you, but The Broncos and Bucs won superbowls after changing their uniforms... 

The Jets decision makers seem not to care what we think anyways..

Ditch the green pants. Other than that, their uniforms are fine.

Well said.

Just say no to pickle pants.

I wish we went white-on-white more often, like 7 of 8 road games (Miami we wear green) and the first 2 or 3 home games, not just the first one.

Well said.

Just say no to pickle pants.

I wish we went white-on-white more often, like 7 of 8 road games (Miami we wear green) and the first 2 or 3 home games, not just the first one.

Our white-on-whites look great. Just stick with them, and the green jersey on white pants, with the occasional 80's style throwbacks thrown in every once in a while.

Jets-Nike-Uni.jpg

its a bit futuristic for me but an alternate in this direction would be kinda bad ass

I do like this remake but this one is really more of the Jets new style look....

Ive seen many different styles of possible new NY Jet uniforms but this one I believe is the best that has good compliments of green & white colors plus it shows total respect to the traditional logo we wear! Goooooo JETS!!! ::GoJets:

Speak for yourself. I grew up during the late 70s and 80s and I love our current unis and can't stand the old green helmets - most boring unis in the league at the time. 

The ONLY good thing Parcells did for the Jets as an organization was bring back the classic Jets look. 

Archived