nice win...but wtf is up with this defense sh*tting the bed constantly when the game is on the line?

neckdemon

Matt Ryan is pretty good and he was on point pretty much the entire game. We actually did pretty well to slow him down like we did even if it was a torture to watch at times.

I wouldn't say they sh*t the bed like they have previously. The Falcons were rolling at that point and we actually did make the stop,  the refs screwed us over big time. It's not like one of those games where we were lights out for 57 minutes and then get cut apart in a two minute drill to lose.

3-2. For a rebuilding team with literally no weapons on offense to speak of ( although Goodson, Powell and Ivory could be something if they all stay healthy)  Is not a bad thing. We have a young team on defense now and they will get better and gel.  I'm not worried. They looked dominant at times tonight. Mo is a monster and RIchardson is going to be something special as well.

Geno looked good and no turnovers . Not a bad game all in all..... especially when we were supposed to lose this one big time.

Fun game tonight.

can't wait till we get a complete game... defense was bad tonight, offense great.. usually it's the reverse

defense wasn't "bad tonight"..  the falcons had 5 chances at the 4 yd line to end the half and came up empty.  They had a poor 4th quarter..  and a damn solid first half.

Matt Ryan is pretty good and he was on point pretty much the entire game. We actually did pretty well to slow him down like we did even if it was a torture to watch at times.

I wouldn't say they sh*t the bed like they have previously. The Falcons were rolling at that point and we actually did make the stop,  the refs screwed us over big time. It's not like one of those games where we were lights out for 57 minutes and then get cut apart in a two minute drill to lose.

Jets commit lots of penalties but the holding call on 4th down at the end was total BS. gave ATL a whole new set of downs they didn't deserve.

defense wasn't "bad tonight"..  the falcons had 5 chances at the 4 yd line to end the half and came up empty.  They had a poor 4th quarter..  and a damn solid first half.

Agreed.

This is par for the course. Rex's defense has routinely been a 3 quarter defense. There's always 1 quarter that they flake out, always. The times we remember it, it's usually the 4th quarter.

Matty Ice + world class receivers are hard to shut down for 4 quarters.

Give Ryan his due. Gonzo and Jones are beyond superhuman  - you cant protect from them and stop every run play - impossible for any team. We stopped'em twice at them goal line when it mattered  - the refs just sodomized us on the 2nd one.

Give Ryan his due. Gonzo and Jones are beyond superhuman  - you cant protect from them and stop every run play - impossible for any team. We stopped'em twice at them goal line when it mattered  - the refs just sodomized us on the 2nd one.

yeah the refs kinda screwed us there. but the refs also gave us a couple of very questionable offensive PI calls against the falcons

yeah the refs kinda screwed us there. but the refs also gave us a couple of very questionable offensive PI calls against the falcons

We can play this game all night if we want, like the blatant raping of Kerley down field that wasn't called and gave the Falcons the ball back, or the dozen or so no-calls on Falcons' holds.  Things went far more in the Falcons favor than it ever did the Jets.

its perplexing. i just knew the ******* falcons and theat homo matt ryan were gonna take the lead even when they still needed 2 scores.

Honestly, that holding call when the Jets stopped them on 4th and 3 was total bullsh*t. Davis touched him but didnt hold, and the double block on Gonzalez was within 5 yards. The Jets defense did what they had to do on that play. As for the entire 2nd half, I would assume that we're still playing against Matty Ice. We're not going to simply shut him down the entire game at home. 

its perplexing. i just knew the ******* falcons and theat homo matt ryan were gonna take the lead even when they still needed 2 scores.

Well, they did not replay the Davis penalty on 4th down.  i just had a feeling it was coming if the fourth down failed.  We never get calls like that.  And yes, you are right about the D-----Rex came out after the game and started gurgling about his D, but then corrected himself.  Rex---your offense scored with time running out.  Funny how he barely gives Geno credit when he wins, but blubbers when he loses.

We can play this game all night if we want, like the blatant raping of Kerley down field that wasn't called and gave the Falcons the ball back, or the dozen or so no-calls on Falcons' holds.  Things went far more in the Falcons favor than it ever did the Jets.

ur right......there at least 5 times when i was yelling out "holding" and then a flag was never thrown.

Well, they did not replay the Davis penalty on 4th down.  i just had a feeling it was coming if the fourth down failed.  We never get calls like that.  And yes, you are right about the D-----Rex came out after the game and started gurgling about his D, but then corrected himself.  Rex---your offense scored with time running out.  Funny how he barely gives Geno credit when he wins, but blubbers when he loses.

I thought Rex handled the post game interview well.  He kept bringing everything back to the team.  Pretty sure Rex learned his lesson about becoming his young unproven QB's fanboy.  

I thought Rex handled the post game interview well.  He kept bringing everything back to the team.  Pretty sure Rex learned his lesson about becoming his young unproven QB's fanboy.  

That would be good.  It just seems he goes to one extreme or the other---excrpt when he is talking about his precious D.  They do get very soft at the end of games.

That would be good.  It just seems he goes to one extreme or the other---excrpt when he is talking about his precious D.  They do get very soft at the end of games.

We have seen him much worse.  The D has seven or so new starters.  Pretty sure they get better as the year go's on.  Personally I thought I would have already preferred mowing the grass to watching Jets football this season by this point. Pretty happy so far. 

the jets don;t shut down any receivers. well, maybe Buffalo. secondary is below grade

Compared to what secondary? - One with Revis?

Because the rest of the NFL is aweful, the crazy game Denver v Boyz ever pass in the fourth Romo throw went for 80 yards. If we get the O rolling weaponise Geno and this D plays with big leads its going to be fun to watch.

ur right......there at least 5 times when i was yelling out "holding" and then a flag was never thrown.

On the play where Julio Jones made that one-handed catch (goota give him credit, that was pretty sick), there was a blatant hold on Wilk that didn't get called.  I was screaming at the TV before Ryan's pass left his hand.

The refs were terrible last night.

On the play where Julio Jones made that one-handed catch (goota give him credit, that was pretty sick), there was a blatant hold on Wilk that didn't get called.  I was screaming at the TV before Ryan's pass left his hand.

The refs were terrible last night.

Seemed like they held a TON on the TD runs by Jacquizz too.

Archived