Looking Ahead to the Bengals

Gen X Jet

I think the Jets are going to roll Cinci. Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach and Jets need this one more. As an aside- Bengals have a WR named Marvin Jones :-0

I wouldn't put that cart before the horse. Cro played better today, but AJ Green is better than anything the Pats have at WR. They also have two good tight ends and two solid running backs. Defense is pretty solid too. It'll be a close one though, nobody is rolling anybody.

I think the Jets are going to roll Cinci. Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach and Jets need this one more. As an aside- Bengals have a WR named Marvin Jones :-0

Do yourself a favor take a deep breath, think clearly, and without bias. Ok now accept the reality that the Jets have a better chance at entering the bye week at 4-5 then 5-4. Now that doesn't mean you should be upset either, because like 2009 this team has the potential to peak late in the year, sneak in the playoffs, and make some noise to!

The Jets have a legitimate shot at pulling off what would be considered an upset imo. 

Cincy is a pretty good team.  I'm not crazy about Dalton but they have weapons on offense. 

Their defense schemes well, and they have talent up front.  This game will test our offensive line in a way that today's game didn't.

Still, if Geno can stay away from big mistakes, we have a shot. 

Just like the Atlanta game, I liked how we match up against Cinci better than I do against Pitt, New England and New Orleans.  AJ is a beast, but he is a long strider who's not going to physically beat you up and down the field like a Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson; Cro usually has his best games against guys like AJ. I'll take my chances with the rest of their receivers and Andy Dalton beating me, he's good for a mental f*ck up at least once a game. The only X-factor is Gio Bernard and I'm not sure they're willing to run him 15+ times in order for him to pop one as that's what it seems to take on our defense.  

Now, if they can get Gio in space and figure out ways to utilize Gresham, they'll definitely have something.  But once again, it's going to come down to how we protect the ball; if we're even or plus in the turnover differential, it's definitely a winnable game, but if Geno or whomever coughs it up, it could be ugly as they have a pretty damned stout defense as well, although losing Leon Hall for the season certainly doesn't help.

Just like the Atlanta game, I liked how we match up against Cinci better than I do against Pitt, New England and New Orleans.  AJ is a beast, but he is a long strider who's not going to physically beat you up and down the field like a Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson; Cro usually has his best games against guys like AJ. I'll take my chances with the rest of their receivers and Andy Dalton beating me, he's good for a mental f*ck up at least once a game. The only X-factor is Gio Bernard and I'm not sure they're willing to run him 15+ times in order for him to pop one as that's what it seems to take on our defense.  

Now, if they can get Gio in space and figure out ways to utilize Gresham, they'll definitely have something.  But once again, it's going to come down to how we protect the ball; if we're even or plus in the turnover differential, it's definitely a winnable game, but if Geno or whomever coughs it up, it could be ugly as they have a pretty damned stout defense as well, although losing Leon Hall for the season certainly doesn't help.

Rex and the front 7 mindf*cking Dalton would be a fun sight for sure.  Let's make him cry.

I think Cincy is getting way too much love simply for having AJ. Yeah, AJ might be a beast, but he's not the entire team. They are a very inconsistent team, kinda like the Jets. So it just depends which team shows up on both ends. I'll take my chances on the Jets.

I see us getting all the praise and love this week and people even making "We will throttle Cincy" threads.  We will talk about our chances for the playoffs and how Geno and Mo deserve the rookie of the year honors.  Then next weak Cincy will kick our asses and we will talk about replacing Geno and Rex.  Then we will come out and surprise everyone and beat the Saints.  Then we will spend the bye week talking about the playoffs and talk about Geno and Mo making rookie players of the year.   Not too damn shabby for a team picked dead last at the start of the year. NOT TOO SHABBY 

Here's how it works...

If I take off from work to watch a game, they lose (see first Pats game).

If for some reason I can't watch, they win.

I had a party yesterday at 2, game was on in the background. Win.

Next week I have a party at 5, game will certainly be on in the background. Win.

Place your bets accordingly.

the 2009 bengals were getting their egos stroked all season. I knew they were frauds. made a lot of money in back to back weeks when the jets played the bengals. the 2013 bengals are a lot better, but I am still not convinced the bengals are any where near an elite team. I think the jets match up quite well with the bengals. I think cro matches up well with aj green. hopefully, the jets can continue to stuff the run. that's kinda 2 3rds of the offense right there. their defense is pretty good. if they get after the redhead, this could be a close game. this is a very winnable game for the jets, however, being on the road and coming off an emotional win against the pats, this is where the jets tend to come out flat. jets lose by 10. spectacular play by the bengals does not win this game. the jets beat the jets next week

Here's how it works...

Next week I have a party at 5, game will certainly be on in the background. Win.

from here on out, you are only allowed to dvr the games and read the papers, capeiche?

They obviously match up pretty well with the Pats. 

Its all about match ups. The Jets match up very well against cincy and have a very good shot at putting their foot on the throat. Our DL is better, which says alot because theirs is very good too. They wont run on us, so we have that. I feel this game will come down to Coaching more then anything. We cant play like we did against Pitt. Have to let Geno play...maybe put a few roll outs and designed QB draws to keep the beastly LB core of Cincy honest. We have missed many Geno to Hill TDs this past few weeks. I think this week we get at least one. maybe two.

Jets Win

31-17

Here's how it works...

If I am understanding you correctly on behalf of all Jets fans I ask you to do the following:

Never take off from work to watch another Jets game

Please take or find any reason you can NOT to watch a another Jets game.

Please remember that the listening is good for the soul and that the Radio is your friend.... 

Lol, ease the reigns back a bit. Dline isn't better than Bengals. Cro can't cover AJ Green for long. Their tightends will find space. Gio is better out of the backfield. Who said their offense is 2/3rds running? You've got that at least backwards, their O Coord. is from the Arena leagues he's all about the pass, plus they run a West Coastesque offense that takes shots. Jets won't be able to run on them, and even with Leon Hall gone they still have a deep secondary.   So many people drinking the Kool Aid.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Geno Smith kinda looks like a retarded duck?

geno-smith.jpg3795_howard-the-duck-1352657605.jpg

Archived