Antonio Allen can play fantastic (merged)

Matt39

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ek5Zyzn3Avw

My god.  He was beaten for a touchdown and missed a tackle on the same play?  We should cut him.

Oh, wait, I found a video of him intercepting a pass against Rivers.  Clearly, he is a Hall of Famer

I'm so conflicted now.

You know the first TD Allen gets beat on one on one- the wolves will be hounding.  Let this play out- he played well but I am not anointing him the next great CB yet.

I agree.  Love Allen as a S, and he did play really well yesterday.  Rodgers has a week and a half to watch him, if the Jets come out of the Packers game with a W, and Allen plays as well as yesterday, I'll be on the band wagon, but right now I would love to see him back at S with Pryor, thing is how long is it going to take Milliner to get up to speed?  he played well the last month of the season last year but the rest not so much.  He has missed almost all of camp.

Allen is a good player but if Rodgers  burns him next week, as you said the wolves will be at his door

What makes AA's performance that much more impressive is the fact that he has always been a safety and not a converted CB going back to a position he had already played.  He strictly played safety throughout his high school and college careers. 

What makes AA's performance that much more impressive is the fact that he has always been a safety and not a converted CB going back to a position he had already played. He strictly played safety throughout his high school and college careers.

He's an awesome athlete.

Did Rex develop a player? Pretty amazing that a LB/S hybrid taken with a supplemental seventh rounder was out there playing NFL caliber CB, and doing it well. He definitely offers some solid versatility going forward.

Allen was always going to be a good CB, even though he's never played the position before.

Come on now. Don't you know how this works?

I've been a fan since he held his own vs Gronk; looked like Rodman on Shaq for chrissakes. 

He definitely won a lot of people over that night.  Gronk put up solid numbers but I think he was targeted seventeen times or something crazy like that..

It was one game, but there was a lot to like. Not bad for his first (full) game at the position. Not bad at all.

Next week's game should be a bit more challenging, though.

Just get the sense that, after we lost 2 CBs in the same day, Rex was looking at his roster list and just said, "Uhhh, ok, ok, no need to panic. I mean we still got...uh...aaaah F*CK!! This f*cking sucks balls. All right. OK. OK, I got it. Uhhhhmmmm - you, Allen! C'mere. You ever play corner before? No? OK fine it's settled then. You're playing corner. Don't f*ck it up and don't get hurt."

Allen is very very good open field tackler, really impressed me with his play yesterday. 

Milliner will hopefully play well at #1CB and pick up where he left off in the pre-season. 

As for our #2 CB, i am divided...

No matter who we toss in at our #2CB theyre going to need safety help, especially against teams like GB. So Rex is going to have to decide what scheme is best:

(1) keeping allen at CB and giving him safety support; or

(2) moving him back to safety to form a duo with Pryor and allow them to provide back end support for Walls, Wilson, ect. 

Against GB, I do not think that Allen has the speed to keep up with Cobb so he might best best served providing back end coverage against the speedster. 

It was one game, but there was a lot to like. Not bad for his first (full) game at the position. Not bad at all.

Next week's game should be a bit more challenging, though.

Just get the sense that, after we lost 2 CBs in the same day, Rex was looking at his roster list and just said, "Uhhh, ok, ok, no need to panic. I mean we still got...uh...aaaah F*CK!! This f*cking sucks balls. All right. OK. OK, I got it. Uhhhhmmmm - you, Allen! C'mere. You ever play corner before? No? OK fine it's settled then. You're playing corner. Don't f*ck it up and don't get hurt."

Hope so

He looked good in Cincy, really good against the Giants before he scrambled his brain and looked better yesterday.

Not a bad start

I've been a fan since he held his own vs Gronk; looked like Rodman on Shaq for chrissakes. 

THATSMYCORNERBACK  :1cry:

I feel like he was the first player in a long time that could slow down a tight end. Pretty cool if he turns out to be a good CB as well.

Archived