Classic Geno Smith Quote

AFJF

According to Jane  McManus:

"It's almost exciting to think about all the room for improvement we have"

Yeah, this guy gets it :sign0182:

Really? Who cares? If he came out and said, "Meh, i don't care, I ain't going to be back next year anyway," you would kill him for  not caring. There are enough legitimate reasons to bash him, this isn't one of them. 

• 2 months later...

"It's almost exciting to think about all the room for improvement we have"  

I can't figure out WTF he is trying to say. Almost exciting? He has more improvement to make than anyone on the team. I really can't understand what he means. I guess many others here can't also. This must be how he reads defenses....very convoluted. 

I can't figure out WTF he is trying to say. Almost exciting? He has more improvement to make than anyone on the team. I really can't understand what he means. I guess many others here can't also. This must be how he reads defenses....very convoluted. 

Definitely an odd comment...but I'm hopeful that he was trying to find something positive to say and he blurted this out without realizing how it would read.  

Mark Sanchez was the best New York Jets quarterback since 1972.

SAR I

Testaverde and Favre. But pretty much yes.

I'd say Pennington 2002 was the best QB the Jets drafted since I've been watching (before the injuries).....Testaverde in 98 was overall the best season for a Jets QB IMO.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My favorite when was when Geno was late to meeting in San Diego without his playbook and was quoted offering this excuse: "Sorry, Coach. My wooly mammoth broke down and a dodo bird ate my ipad. Also a stegosaurus stepped on my watch and broke it." Rex of course bought it and no punishment was forthcoming.

I'd say Pennington 2002 was the best QB the Jets drafted since I've been watching (before the injuries).....Testaverde in 98 was overall the best season for a Jets QB IMO.

Pennington was drafted 180 picks before Tom Brady... worst draft pick ever

Pennington was drafted 180 picks before Tom Brady... worst draft pick ever

Yeah I'm not or would never argue we should of taken Pennington over Brady, but when compared to the rest of the QBs we drafted, Pennington was the best one in a long time. If he could of stayed healthy I think he would of been the QB we hoped for when we took him but sht happens.

Plus even the Pats passed on Brady 5 times along with everyone else.....we could of had both if we wanted.

Pennington was a cute distraction until the Raiders playoff game.  After that it was obvious he was never going to do anything but win against bad teams and lose against playoff teams.  If Favre doesn;t get hurt we win a championship or two.  

Archived